ADVERTISEMENT

SHU @ Creighton Game Thread

We've been incredibly sloppy and we cant stop Jefferson. Fix those and we can win. Creighton is nowhere near last season.

Well as poorly as Hall can play but still in it --play hard

CU just a smarter more patient team w better pg play to set up his team

down 11 isnt the worst. but were gonna get waxed at half anyway. willard has nothing and mcdermott will make changes. huge indictment on willard for our point guard situation this year. basically unacceptable. thank god its a covid year.

Reactions: TomWall
Aiken was obviously high reward but high risk. Right now we’re getting so burned. And he was growing game to game.

If they have any balls they will come back in the second half!! If not they can't expect to be in the NCAAs

We match up so poorly against Creighton but they aren’t even working hard to get open shots. One drive, one switch, open shot with one of their better shooters.

We cannot shoot any worse then we have. Let’s see what adjustments we make.

Awful half. Can't believe Jefferson somehow missed that last second shot.

McDermott is just such a good coach. The spacing and ball movement is just unreal. When they hit shots it’s nearly impossible to keep up and beat them.

Unless they start going cold, it’s going to be a struggle to keep up.

Just a brutal half and yet only down 11 By far the worst play I’ve seen from Shavar. Hopefully, he rebounds in 2nd half.
1-8 from 3 for The Hall 7-12 from the free throw line.

is our defensive scheme too difficult for our guys? mcdermott seems to exploit it big time. we look the most lost when we play him.

Creighton is on a different level than us in players AND coaching. That said, we are only down by 11 which is amazing. Willard shud have called a TO early on.

Reactions: SHUMA04
i thought samuel looked like he was calling for the ball sometimes on offense. if thats the case but him in. not many other guys are looking to take charge. we have no guard play to get ike the ball in any useful manner.

is our defensive scheme too difficult for our guys? mcdermott seems to exploit it big time. we look the most lost when we play him.
This is a game where you play a big 1-3-1 defense and if CU beats you on 3s so be it, instead shu getting carved up in ballscreens because quite frankly SHU has a lot of guys that cant play good man D or ability to defend multiple positions/parts of the half court

McDermott is just such a good coach. The spacing and ball movement is just unreal. When they hit shots it’s nearly impossible to keep up and beat them.

Unless they start going cold, it’s going to be a struggle to keep up.
Helps having a point guard who can break down a defense. That was supposed to be Mr Glass..I mean Aiken.

This is a game where you play a big 1-3-1 defense and if CU beats you on 3s so be it, instead shu getting carved up in ballscreens because quite frankly SHU has a lot of guys that cant play good man D or ability to defend multiple positions/parts of the half court
They are beating us on 3s. They're 50% from 3

Creighton is on a different level than us in players AND coaching. That said, we are only down by 11 which is amazing. Willard shud have called a TO early on.

Greg is very good his teams always play organized and disciplined ball. and he has built a nice program. Willard is going to have to come up with some real alchemy to pull this one out.

Helps having a point guard who can break down a defense. That was supposed to be Mr Glass..I mean Aiken.
I hear ya but the replay looked like Aiken stepped on the guys foot and twisted his ankle. I think it’s just bad luck. I’m assuming it’s the same ankle he previously hurt?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT