ADVERTISEMENT

SHU @ Creighton Game Thread

how many times u wana pick and roll for ike. dont u now by know he has hands of stone

When is Willard going to Maryland so we can get Holloway or anyone who can teach perimeter defense and has a more innovative offense. Watching Creighton is a thing of beauty

Reactions: TomWall
What baffles me is how KW can see the same story play out every game against Creighton over the last 3-4 games. Why we double the penetrating guard and leave the corner 3 open to get blistered possession after possession is vexing.
Why can’t our guards keep their man in front of them? I think they can. Make Creighton pull up on an inside jumper.

Reactions: Pirates13
honest question. under willard what is the number of Great games vs embarrassing games vs games we blew/choked away? you can even start from 2015

We’re getting Villanova’d by them. They come in struggling shooting and then light the Nets on fire against us. It sucks but at least it should be an opportunity to get Long, Stevens and Jackson minutes

What baffles me is how KW can see the same story play out every game against Creighton over the last 3-4 games. Why we double the penetrating guard and leave the corner 3 open to get blistered possession after possession is vexing.
Why can’t our guards keep their man in front of them? I think they can. Make Creighton pull up on an inside jumper.

His defensive game plan was so bad tonight. Switch everything? So Creighton just moves the ball till they get one of their guys on Mamu or Samuels and then they get whatever they want. It's insane. I love Willard don't get me wrong but he has no clue how to stop these guys.

Didn’t expect a win, but was hoping for more effort. Not beating up on Willard for one game, not fair. He’s a fine coach. But with Aiken out it really emphasizes how bad this year’s recruiting class was ... worst in memory. Zero help from our freshman tonight as it’s been so far this season.

Reactions: flconticello
There are no good looks at all. As soon as anyone gets the ball in the post, they are double teamed. And when someone gets open, Creighton closes out so fast.
That's because we were not really moving the ball. Lots of times we had an open 3 but passed it up.

Didn’t expect a win, but was hoping for more effort. Not beating up on Willard for one game, not fair. He’s a fine coach. But with Aiken out it really emphasizes how bad this year’s recruiting class was ... worst in memory. Zero help from our freshman tonight as it’s been so far this season.
absolutely fair when your down by 30 and one of the reasons is because he failed to build an acceptable roster. also because his gameplan and coaching was horrific. guy does more with less, and most certainly less with more.

I think they’re a good team, but good teams do not lose conference games by 30+

This is a really very poor effort from Willard. I’m not going to entirely blast him, but hoping they miss wide open 3’s is just not a good recipe for a win. And that’s essentially what our defensive scheme is. We foolishly double team the dribbler who finds am open Mahoney or Jefferson in the corner for an open look. It’s candy for a team like Creighton.

How many times are the announcers going to keep mentioning how many pts we are down in this game. They sound like a bunch of JO's. Creighton is playing their A+ game and we are playing our F- game. It happens some nights.

Reactions: LBP43
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT