ADVERTISEMENT

Taurean Thompson

simone84

Freshman
Nov 28, 2002
Transferring? A few Cuse fans on Twitter are saying he's not on campus and might not be coming back to school.

Transferring? A few Cuse fans on Twitter are saying he's not on campus and might not be coming back to school.
There was some talk a month or so ago that he was not going back but to be honest I have not heard anything in the meantime.

If he were to come here he would be a terrific pickup and would quiet some of the posters for a little while.

I find it hard to believe that he , or anyone would transfer this late in the summer. when was the last time a player transferred here this late? Probably never.

I find it hard to believe that he , or anyone would transfer this late in the summer. when was the last time a player transferred here this late? Probably never.
Bull. Not being on campus is his thing. From what I can remember, he didn't enroll at Cuse until after classes had started.

Probably explains why he came off the bench so much despite playing well on the court.

Bull. Not being on campus is his thing. From what I can remember, he didn't enroll at Cuse until after classes had started.
Yep, some Cuse followers refer to it as the annual Taurean Thompson drama.

Please keep the personal comments to yourself.

Discuss the players game if you want.

Reactions: Joe_T
Okay, I'll bite. Exactly how would this go down? If he transferred now (i.e., within the next couple of days), would that mean he would be eligible for play in Fall 2018 with three years of eligibility?

A lot of drama surrounding TT. Transfers often have issues. Look at all the kids that have transferred in/out of the program - The vast majority were more headache then they were worth.

Reactions: buckfoston824
Just saw this- an excerpt from the Cuse Board. We are in their rumor milll.

"... I just do not understand Moms strategy, he's not going overseas, that's a fact unless mom moved with him, he can't play for Seton Hall until next season, so at the end of the day, all the chaos, how do they come out ahead by doing anything else but come back to SU? "

Should be an interesting week. He will happy here if he transfers.

You're right, it could be an interesting week. SHU classes start tomorrow and the add/drop period ends on Tuesday 9/5.

In this era of instant news and every HS and college athlete using his I-phone to post news if TT was transferring or considering transferring I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it now , especially as schools are starting or have started their academic year.

On a separate note has anyone seen or heard where Singh is transferring to.

In this era of instant news and every HS and college athlete using his I-phone to post news if TT was transferring or considering transferring I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it now , especially as schools are starting or have started their academic year.

On a separate note has anyone seen or heard where Singh is transferring to.
Taurean is not on social media - of course we will know soon enough from Cuse media and fans via Twitter.

What other options of legit impact players at the forward spot do we realistically have right now (sorry I don't have a good feeling where we stand with King right now). If TT is interested in coming back home I think it's great we kept a relationship with him. Hopefully this coaching staff can learn from past mistakes of giving players free reign. Based on Sha's recent interview I can't see them now letting a kid do their own thing if they are not buying into the team framework. TT has a ton of upside that I don't think we can afford to pass on especially if he wants to come back to this area.

TT might be extremely indecisive (even wishy washy) but there's nothing that I am aware of or is public knowledge that shows that he was a problem for the Cuse staff, that he butted heads with his teammates, or was a problem child last season in anyway. What we do know is that he put up solid numbers immediately as a freshman there, shot free throws very well for a big man, and clearly has always had a great relationship with our staff and at least partly wanted to come to Seton Hall to the very end last summer. He will immediately be the centerpiece of our front court next season and will not be recruited over guaranteed… Something he cannot say if he stays at Syracuse. Let's hope.

Interestingly enough, I remember that Hopkins was a big reason he went to Cuse. I wonder if his leaving vs becoming the HC is playing into whatever this is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT