ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

24% is not a large scale. That means 76% of transmission (the vast majority) comes from people who have or will develop symptoms. Those 76% are not asymptomatic.

Again, lets just clear this up....When you said:

People who have no symptoms do not spread the virus on any large scale.

^ You are wrong.

That study concluded 59% of transmission was from people with no symptoms.

Just more deflection....you're losing your touch Auditor. I've responded to this already which has nothing to do with the point I've made that you don't want to discuss....but keep trying. You look good in pretzel contortions.

No, I just think the point you are making is a dumb argument hunting for a reason to blame Fauci for something.

He didn't tell people to wear masks until it was clear that the data supported doing so as we learned more about the virus and transmission. Your asking why he didn't recommend it before then, and the reason is that we didn't have data to support it.

No, I just think the point you are making is a dumb argument hunting for a reason to blame Fauci for something.

He didn't tell people to wear masks until it was clear that the data supported doing so as we learned more about the virus and transmission. Your asking why he didn't recommend it before then, and the reason is that we didn't have data to support it.
You continue to miss the point. Until we had data, it would have made sense to take measures based on the way viruses may operate to reduce the spread. It would have been a preventative measure in those hot spots as we were able to collect data. It's called common sense...apply measures in those areas (maybe overkill) until you have data to support which ones to continue. And my point is that Fauci's mask narrative was the polar opposite at the time.

You continue to miss the point. Until we had data, it would have made sense to take measures based on the way viruses may operate to reduce the spread. It would have been a preventative measure in those hot spots as we were able to collect data. It's called common sense...apply measures in those areas (maybe overkill) until you have data to support which ones to continue. And my point is that Fauci's mask narrative was the polar opposite at the time.

When the virus first got here, the belief was that the transmission was occurring through droplets. We did not have data to show that they help reduce the spread, and if you remember early on - people were cautioning about masks and using them incorrectly and possibly touching your face with an infected hand making you more at risk.

Once we had data showing that masks reduce the spread, that is when we changed our view. It's really not that complicated.

Just a few months ago, you even cautioned that masks cause harm and praised Sweden's "common sense" approach in not requiring masks.

The main reason we went harder on mask wearing in the spring was due to the concern about hospital capacity. That is not the case now. Mask overuse can also create issues...for instance, breathing in more of the CO2 you are exhaling over time. Just saying the “common sense” approach Sweden took deserves some merit.

Your FDS is clouding your view.

When the virus first got here, the belief was that the transmission was occurring through droplets. We did not have data to show that they help reduce the spread, and if you remember early on - people were cautioning about masks and using them incorrectly and possibly touching your face with an infected hand making you more at risk.

Once we had data showing that masks reduce the spread, that is when we changed our view. It's really not that complicated.

Just a few months ago, you even cautioned that masks cause harm and praised Sweden's "common sense" approach in not requiring masks.

Your FDS is clouding your view.
So now you're saying that that masks were not recommended because they were less safe than using them? And if was spread through droplets wouldn't a barrier at least partially stop the droplets from spreading? And if you're playing the "no data" card, we also didn't have any data on whether you would spread the virus by touching your face. So which was it?

We didn't have any data on anything back then (thank you China), so are you saying we should have done nothing? Of course not.

So now you're saying that that masks were not recommended because they were less safe than using them? And if was spread through droplets wouldn't a barrier at least partially stop the droplets from spreading? And if you're playing the "no data" card, we also didn't have any data on whether you would spread the virus by touching your face. So which was it?

We didn't have any data on anything back then (thank you China), so are you saying we should have done nothing? Of course not.

No. I am saying that based on the initial data we had at the time (and we did have some data), the thought was that this was a droplet virus and a likely rout of transmission was thought to be people touching their faces. That we would be able to treat it like the way we treat the flu and that would be enough.

"Like the flu, COVID-19 is spread primarily via respiratory droplets—little blobs of liquid released as someone coughs, sneezes, or talks. Viruses contained in these droplets can infect other people via the eyes, nose, or mouth—either when they land directly on somebody’s face or when they’re transferred there by people touching their face with contaminated hands."

That's from February 2020.

We thought washing your hands frequently, not touching your face and maintaining distance it was good enough to protect you from getting infected. As we received more data, we started to see that those original assumptions were not correct and we moved towards community protection measures.

No. I am saying that based on the initial data we had at the time (and we did have some data), the thought was that this was a droplet virus and a likely rout of transmission was thought to be people touching their faces. That we would be able to treat it like the way we treat the flu and that would be enough.

"Like the flu, COVID-19 is spread primarily via respiratory droplets—little blobs of liquid released as someone coughs, sneezes, or talks. Viruses contained in these droplets can infect other people via the eyes, nose, or mouth—either when they land directly on somebody’s face or when they’re transferred there by people touching their face with contaminated hands."

That's from February 2020.

We thought washing your hands frequently, not touching your face and maintaining distance it was good enough to protect you from getting infected. As we received more data, we started to see that those original assumptions were not correct and we moved towards community protection measures.
We had very limited data in February. There was no proof that this was or was not a droplet virus. It was nothing more than scientific opinion, which they got wrong. Goes back to my original point. Wearing a mask in these hot spots would have been a good common sense approach rather than saying not to wear them.

We had very limited data in February. There was no proof that this was or was not a droplet virus. It was nothing more than scientific opinion, which they got wrong. Goes back to my original point. Wearing a mask in these hot spots would have been a good common sense approach rather than saying not to wear them.

That’s fine. Just fine it odd how you were supportive of Sweden’s “common sense” no mask mandate, and critical of Fauci because he didn’t push masks early enough?

I look forward to you pushing universal masking in hotspot areas next flu season. It’s common sense and will save thousands of lives.

That’s fine. Just fine it odd how you were supportive of Sweden’s “common sense” no mask mandate, and critical of Fauci because he didn’t push masks early enough?

I look forward to you pushing universal masking in hotspot areas next flu season. It’s common sense and will save thousands of lives.
I think he’s critical of a doctor making this political

I think he’s critical of a doctor making this political

His point is clear. He is critical of Fauci for not saying all people in hotspot areas should wear masks, since it is common sense. He would have preferred that we had gone the route of Sweden for which he praised previously of using common sense and not requiring masks.....

His point is clear. He is critical of Fauci for not saying all people in hotspot areas should wear masks, since it is common sense. He would have preferred that we had gone the route of Sweden for which he praised previously of using common sense and not requiring masks.....
Couldn’t have been that clear if there are at least two takes, book keeper.

Couldn’t have been that clear if there are at least two takes, book keeper.

What’s not clear?
Sweden good in their common sense approach of not requiring masks.
Fauci - bad for not following the common sense approach of requiring masks.

You have an interesting habit of twisting my words. My point through this entire thread was that Fauci has flip-flopped through the entire pandemic and a good example is masking which advised AGAINST at the start of the pandemic. He wasn't passive about it in any way...specifically said not to wear masks and one of the reasons was to preserve them for healthcare workers (which I've pointed out is a BS excuse).

You have an interesting habit of twisting my words. My point through this entire thread was that Fauci has flip-flopped through the entire pandemic and a good example is masking which advised AGAINST at the start of the pandemic. He wasn't passive about it in any way...specifically said not to wear masks and one of the reasons was to preserve them for healthcare workers (which I've pointed out is a BS excuse).

But... you also chimed in about what he said in February 5th, 2020. That had nothing to do with any supply chain issue. You’re just trying to fit your criticism into something he said a month later.

On the supply chain issue, you have been ignoring the other side of that discussion. While we agree that the public wouldn’t have access to the healthcare supply chain, there was a shortage of masks for healthcare workers. Home Depot, Lowe’s, target etc. all stopped selling masks to the public and diverted their supply to healthcare workers. That is a fact. It happened in late March. Fauci's comment about the supply of PPE wasn't wrong... but go on with your FDS.

Reactions: HallBall02
But... you also chimed in about what he said in February 5th, 2020. That had nothing to do with any supply chain issue. You’re just trying to fit your criticism into something he said a month later.

On the supply chain issue, you have been ignoring the other side of that discussion. While we agree that the public wouldn’t have access to the healthcare supply chain, there was a shortage of masks for healthcare workers. Home Depot, Lowe’s, target etc. all stopped selling masks to the public and diverted their supply to healthcare workers. That is a fact. It happened in late March. Fauci's comment about the supply of PPE wasn't wrong... but go on with your FDS.
The reason there was a shortage of masks for healthcare workers was because usage in hospitals and other healthcare facilities spiked. Everyone in the hospital began wearing masks and disposing them more often.

The reason that retail organizations stopped selling them was because the mask manufacturers stopped shipping them to fulfill the increased demand of their primary customers (healthcare). All of the manufacturing capacity from the big manufacturers (3M, Prestige Ameritech, etc.) was being directed into the healthcare supply chain (which the public had no access). During the height of the pandemic, the only N95 masks the public could access were from black market or fringe manufacturers (which most healthcare organizations wouldn't touch).

The reason there was a shortage of masks for healthcare workers was because usage in hospitals and other healthcare facilities spiked. Everyone in the hospital began wearing masks and disposing them more often.

The reason that retail organizations stopped selling them was because the mask manufacturers stopped shipping them to fulfill the increased demand of their primary customers (healthcare). All of the manufacturing capacity from the big manufacturers (3M, Prestige Ameritech, etc.) was being directed into the healthcare supply chain (which the public had no access). During the height of the pandemic, the only N95 masks the public could access were from black market or fringe manufacturers (which most healthcare organizations wouldn't touch).

The reason that the retail orgs stopped selling them was because healthcare workers needed them. They stopped sales to the public and either sold or donated whatever they had to healthcare workers.

The reason that the retail orgs stopped selling them was because healthcare workers needed them. They stopped sales to the public and either sold or donated whatever they had to healthcare workers.
Another guy that doesn't understand the supply chain. They stopped selling them because they couldn't get them. Maybe some stores donated what they had remaining in inventory (which was immaterial), but they had nothing to do with the healthcare channel or supply of it.

Another guy that doesn't understand the supply chain. They stopped selling them because they couldn't get them. Maybe some stores donated what they had remaining in inventory (which was immaterial), but they had nothing to do with the healthcare channel or supply of it.

Define immaterial in the context of medical workers not having them...If it wasn't material, they wouldn't have done it.

Retail stores donated masks to healthcare workers who needed them. Had the public purchased them all in March, those healthcare workers would have not had those extra masks. That is a fact.

Define immaterial in the context of medical workers not having them...If it wasn't material, they wouldn't have done it.

Retail stores donated masks to healthcare workers who needed them. Had the public purchased them all in March, those healthcare workers would have not had those extra masks. That is a fact.
Immaterial is just that...most likely way less than 0.01% of the mask usage. Yes, it was good public relations to donate them to healthcare workers.

Reactions: Merge
Immaterial is just that...most likely way less than 0.01% of the mask usage. Yes, it was good public relations to donate them to healthcare workers.

It's in the millions... when there was a shortage. It was not immaterial.

lol...have it your way. Probably less than a weeks supply for only one healthcare system. You just can't admit Fauci was wrong....

@Merge Another interesting quote by Dr Tony Fauci. Fauci is now worried vaccine demand is going quick. Fauci did mention in the article if we don't get enough shots in arms, with the variants floating around we could go back to shut downs.

Merge, bless your heart for trying to get through to some people with extreme viewpoints.

I tried and gave up. Some folks just don’t want to listen even when the evidence is overwhelming and common sense should be their compass, they still try to continue with the false narrative “there was no way if fauci said for everyone to mask up in March/April that it wouldn’t affect supply of masks to healthcare workers”

In this case, on a side topic no less, the poster is just being stubborn to submit to the facts or just doesn’t understand the laws of supply and demand for some reason. I would just move on but again bless your heart in trying to educate folks.

To bad too bc I like some of Hall85 posts on the basketball board.

Reactions: Hallsome
Merge, bless your heart for trying to get through to some people with extreme viewpoints.

I tried and gave up. Some folks just don’t want to listen even when the evidence is overwhelming and common sense should be their compass, they still try to continue with the false narrative “there was no way if fauci said for everyone to mask up in March/April that it wouldn’t affect supply of masks to healthcare workers”

In this case, on a side topic no less, the poster is just being stubborn to submit to the facts or just doesn’t understand the laws of supply and demand for some reason. I would just move on but again bless your heart in trying to educate folks.

The fact that you and Merge are taking the same position just supports my point. Just waiting for Solo to chime in….lol

Reactions: Hallsome and shu09
I was talking with a guy from Long Island whose daughter works up in the Port Jefferson area for a school district.

They remained open the entire time of the pandemic. If a child came down with covid they sent the class home for 10 days and then brought them back.

They had very few issues.

We discussed further the impact that this will have on kids social development. This guy has a grandchild who was two at the time of the beginning of the pandemic. He believes that the child's development has been injured by being quarantined and not exposed socially to people of all kinds. Sad.

My first grandchild was born 3 days ago and I am relieved that he will not have to go through any of this.

Reactions: Hallsome and HALL85

He’s too caught up in his point to admit that there were hospitals across the country who were running out of masks only had access to N95 masks because retail outlets stopped selling them to the public.

It happened. That’s not made up. Those masks helped when the healthcare supply chain ran out.

He’s too caught up in his point to admit that there were hospitals across the country who were running out of masks only had access to N95 masks because retail outlets stopped selling them to the public.

It happened. That’s not made up. Those masks helped when the healthcare supply chain ran out.
The less than 0.01% was lost on the auditor…lol. For a guy that always points to the importance of data, that’s precious…:)

The less than 0.01% was lost on the auditor…lol. For a guy that always points to the importance of data, that’s precious…:)

A cup of water when you have an unlimited supply is immaterial. A cup of water when you have none is worth quite a bit.

The fact that you won’t acknowledge that is pretty silly.

Ahhhh....I get it now....it's a supply and demand thing.....that explains everything.

A cup of water when you have an unlimited supply is immaterial. A cup of water when you have none is worth quite a bit.

The fact that you won’t acknowledge that is pretty silly.
This is Exhibit A of why you never find an auditor that is capable of running a company.

I guess you're not aware that saying "bless your heart" is the polite southern way to call somebody an idiot.
Well I wasn’t referring to anyone as an idiot especially not Merge but if I was it would be… just kidding. The words I would use for Hall85 is deliriously stubborn.

Reactions: Merge
This is Exhibit A of why you never find an auditor that is capable of running a company.

Lol. No.
Many CEO’s and probably most CFO’s have a background in audit.

That argument was almost as bad as your last one. I get it now though, you just make stuff up as you go.

Lol. No.
Many CEO’s and probably most CFO’s have a background in audit.

That argument was almost as bad as your last one. I get it now though, you just make stuff up as you go.
Lol….do they teach you that in Auditor school? Most = 0.01%

Lol... “Auditor school” ... Which is the business school of your alma mater. Good one

But go in insulting an entire industry because you know you made a dumb comment on a message board and you’re too childish to acknowledge it.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT