ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

Hello. This is what I have feared all along. Per this article people have simply "adapted" to wearing a mask and majority of people in NJ don't see the need of taking off a mask even when the CDC has given the green light for vaccinated people to take off the mask. We will definitely be seeing a lot of people wearing masks for years to come.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Hello. This is what I have feared all along. Per this article people have simply "adapted" to wearing a mask and majority of people in NJ don't see the need of taking off a mask even when the CDC has given the green light for vaccinated people to take off the mask. We will definitely be seeing a lot of people wearing masks for years to come.

I see you’re backtracking. Part of a free country is people can wear a mask if they wish. You stated it would be mandated for years to come.

There were about 25% wearing masks at WaWa and 5% at Stanton Ridge on Friday, but keep touting how right you are. Guess your trolling will become tougher.

I did like that people in WaWa generally kept 6 feet away. I’m all for that, I hate when people crowd you.

I see you’re backtracking. Part of a free country is people can wear a mask if they wish. You stated it would be mandated for years to come.

There were about 25% wearing masks at WaWa and 5% at Stanton Ridge on Friday, but keep touting how right you are. Guess your trolling will become tougher.

I did like that people in WaWa generally kept 6 feet away. I’m all for that, I hate when people crowd you.

So you are fine with people wearing masks for no purpose whatsoever in the future? Got it.

Our club went to a no-mask policy if you’ve been vaccinated....honor system. Incredibly, we have 100% compliance.

Yes. If people want to wear masks, what the hell do I care?

You said we’d be forced to wear masks for years to come. Not true, as everyone expected. Carry on troll.
Hey Mr. Whaboutism. I thought you blocked me

Hey Mr. Whaboutism. I thought you blocked me
WhatTF does this have to do with whataboutism? You’re just a whack job. I was bored so I unblocked you for a day or two.

Just wondering where your fantasyland went that we’d be forced to wear masks for years. But now you think people shouldn’t have the choice if they want to wear one? Went to the supermarket, 40% of patrons masked. Everyone keeping distance, pausing a second for someone to get something off the shelf. Not so bad.

What was that town again, Mr. Citizen of the Millennium? I want to send you some bleach to bathe in so you don’t have to suit up and venture out.

WhatTF does this have to do with whataboutism? You’re just a whack job. I was bored so I unblocked you for a day or two.

Just wondering where your fantasyland went that we’d be forced to wear masks for years. But now you think people shouldn’t have the choice if they want to wear one? Went to the supermarket, 40% of patrons masked. Everyone keeping distance, pausing a second for someone to get something off the shelf. Not so bad.

What was that town again, Mr. Citizen of the Millennium? I want to send you some bleach to bathe in so you don’t have to suit up and venture out.

You're such a classy guy! As I have said many times before. I live in Atlantic county. Oh wait, you blocked me so you probably missed the town I live in.

You're such a classy guy! As I have said many times before. I live in Atlantic county. Oh wait, you blocked me so you probably missed the town I live in.
Come up to point pleasant beach later on Monday, I will buy you a drink

Our club went to a no-mask policy if you’ve been vaccinated....honor system. Incredibly, we have 100% compliance.
Yep. Same here. But it goes to show how the government over stepped. People should make their own decisions (once we got through May ish last year).... Yes dumb people out there, and they need to be led to water ....but same dumb people couldn’t figure out how to put on a mask lol!

Masking children, killing small businesses, restricting constitutional rights, incentivizing people not to work, getting bullied by teachers Union, double standards abound, manipulating stats....the list goes on. Shameful shit went down save for the public/private partnership spearheaded by some politicians and bright/opportunistic business people

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
Yep. Same here. But it goes to show how the government over stepped.

People are taking masks off now because the vaccine rollout has been effective shows how the government overstepped?

What?

Im glad we’ve reached this point, but hope the general recognition as people stop wearing masks is that they were annoying, but really not that big of a deal.

I assumed you would have at least made a new name and pretended to be someone else...

People are taking masks off now because the vaccine rollout has been effective shows how the government overstepped?

What?

Im glad we’ve reached this point, but hope the general recognition as people stop wearing masks is that they were annoying, but really not that big of a deal.

As the governor said. He fully expects mask to possibly be mandated again during the Covid/Flu season of winter 2021/2022.

So yes, we will probably be wearing masks at the rock when we go back in November

What?

I mean, as an adult, I had (and have) no problem wearing a mask when I went to any business or gathering that required it. When I do that I’m playing by their rules, and it’s my choice to go or not to go. And certainly I didn’t want to get anyone sick who was more vulnerable because of age or some preexisting condition.

But for my little ones, I think wearing a mask is a big deal. I think it’s impacted their development to a degree we will never be able to understand. Young kids learn through interaction more than anything else. Seeing other kids faces, how other kids respond to words or situations. I hope it’s much ado about nothing long term, but I don’t know that now. And I have a problem with them still being required to wear them in schools all day when interacting with their peers. I have a problem with my school requiring them to wear masks on playgrounds after they’ve been in school already passing a temperature check. And when they can be playing in a town rec game with no mask but my 2 year old 20 feet away on a playground has to wear one. That never made sense and still doesn’t.

I am at Jenks at raw bar with good vision in front of me the 2021 motto catch phrase i will live by see the scene...got a 24 yr old blonde from ho ho kus not believing my age

I think the exact opposite.

Kids under 12 and unvaccinated others should be wearing a mask indoors especially schools.

I don’t want my kids schools be forced back to virtual school and I do not want my kids to get covid from another kid bc of their irresponsible parents.

Most kids don’t mind wearing masks. They are a lot more adaptive then you or I. As far as long term consequences of masks? I think long term consequences of virtual school for a year and half are a lot worse than in person school with masks.

When younger get kids can get vaccinated than you can end the mask mandate.

Currently, since a kid in my 2 year olds daycare got covid, I am without daycare for 14 days bc of irresponsible parents.

For some reason people either forgot or didn’t realize kids can get covid too and even though you and I are vaccinated, they aren’t yet.

Masks only help in what is a bad situation for kids.

Don’t feel bad for kids wearing masks. Feel bad for the kids who have parents that don’t make them wear masks in public places indoors.

I mean, as an adult, I had (and have) no problem wearing a mask when I went to any business or gathering that required it. When I do that I’m playing by their rules, and it’s my choice to go or not to go. And certainly I didn’t want to get anyone sick who was more vulnerable because of age or some preexisting condition.

But for my little ones, I think wearing a mask is a big deal. I think it’s impacted their development to a degree we will never be able to understand. Young kids learn through interaction more than anything else. Seeing other kids faces, how other kids respond to words or situations. I hope it’s much ado about nothing long term, but I don’t know that now. And I have a problem with them still being required to wear them in schools all day when interacting with their peers. I have a problem with my school requiring them to wear masks on playgrounds after they’ve been in school already passing a temperature check. And when they can be playing in a town rec game with no mask but my 2 year old 20 feet away on a playground has to wear one. That never made sense and still doesn’t.

I am at Jenks at raw bar with good vision in front of me the 2021 motto catch phrase i will live by see the scene...got a 24 yr old blonde from ho ho kus not believing my age

Starting to sense a theme with this guy. Creepy!

Kids under 12 and unvaccinated others should be wearing a mask indoors especially schools.

I don’t want my kids schools be forced back to virtual school and I do not want my kids to get covid from another kid bc of their irresponsible parents.

Most kids don’t mind wearing masks. They are a lot more adaptive then you or I. As far as long term consequences of masks? I think long term consequences of virtual school for a year and half are a lot worse than in person school with masks.

Currently, since a kid in my 2 year olds daycare got covid, I am without daycare for 14 days bc of irresponsible parents.

For some reason people either forgot or didn’t realize kids can get covid too and even though you and I are vaccinated, they aren’t yet.

Don’t feel bad for kids wearing masks. Feel bad for the kids who have parents that don’t make them wear masks in public places indoors.
I understand your perspective. My kids are all young, and while I don't want any of them getting COVID, I view it from a kid that age's perspective as getting the flu. I'm pretty sure I've seen articles where the risks, etc, line up for that comparison as it relates to younger age kids (obviously a different scenario for the elderly/vulnerable). I'm a rule follower generally, so my kids have worn masks when they've had to wear masks and early on I had them wear masks when we knew less about the virus and they were around someone who I thought was vulnerable. I've also seen numerous studies from non-partisan, scientific groups about the potential harm the lack of in-person learning and masks have had on kids. Of course I prefer the in-person learning and interaction to virtual, so I'm all with you there. But I think the masks for the little ones is harmful in ways we don't know or will not ever really know, even though my kids don't seem to mind it.

Reactions: HallBall02

Nuts, absolutely nuts. Sickening, in fact.

Reactions: Pirata
Well I’m glad you thought differently when we knew less about covid, when rates were higher and when there wasn’t a vaccine available to the masses.

Now is a different time. I understand that. During the last year our kids were probably the most protected from covid with virtual school and many other social gatherings frowned upon. With everyone wearing masks, staying apart etc. my hypothesis is that rates among kids were lower bc of two fold that they had more asymptotic reactions and we protected kids the most. It’s great they don’t have as much short-term health consequences as older folks with lots of comorbidities.

Now with most places opened up, our kids are now not protected as much so one of the two reasons for low rates among kids are gone...my guess is there will be clusters of outbreaks in schools (much like what just happened to my 2 years old at day care) and many schools/pods will be forced back to virtual from time to time and for younger kids like mine, forced out do school for 14 days.

I hope I’m wrong but I think we will learn it will transmit to kids maybe not as much as adults but enough to cause frequent outbreaks.

Your concern for long term affects of mask wearing is valid but to me the long term affects of covid-19 among our kids and the potentially for outbreaks forcing more virtual school and quarantines (and the consequences to that) are much greater. Throw in that we might be helping others by not spreading covid adds the cherry on top.

I understand your perspective. My kids are all young, and while I don't want any of them getting COVID, I view it from a kid that age's perspective as getting the flu. I'm pretty sure I've seen articles where the risks, etc, line up for that comparison as it relates to younger age kids (obviously a different scenario for the elderly/vulnerable). I'm a rule follower generally, so my kids have worn masks when they've had to wear masks and early on I had them wear masks when we knew less about the virus and they were around someone who I thought was vulnerable. I've also seen numerous studies from non-partisan, scientific groups about the potential harm the lack of in-person learning and masks have had on kids. Of course I prefer the in-person learning and interaction to virtual, so I'm all with you there. But I think the masks for the little ones is harmful in ways we don't know or will not ever really know, even though my kids don't seem to mind it.

Last edited:
Hey shu09 get your vaccine and help your community.

If your so offended by kids wearing masks, do your part and maybe they won’t have to 😜

They shouldn't have been wearing masks from the start. Nothing but a sick conditioning program.

Well I’m glad you thought differently when we knew less about covid, when rates were higher and when there wasn’t a vaccine available to the masses.

Now is a different time. I understand that. During the last year our kids were probably the most protected from covid with virtual school and many other social gatherings frowned upon. With everyone wearing masks, staying apart etc. my hypothesis is that rates among kids were lower bc of two fold that they had more asymptotic reactions and we protected kids the most. It’s great they don’t have as much short-term health consequences as older folks with lots of comorbidities.

Now with most places opened up, our kids are now not protected as much so one of the two reasons for low rates among kids are gone...my guess is there will be clusters of outbreaks in schools (much like what just happened to my 2 years old at day care) and many schools/pods will be forced back to virtual from time to time and for younger kids like mine, forced out do school for 14 days.

I hope I’m wrong but I think we will learn it will transmit to kids maybe not as much as adults but enough to cause frequent outbreaks.

Your concern for long term affects of mask wearing is valid but to me the long term affects of covid-19 among our kids and the potentially for outbreaks forcing more virtual school and quarantines (and the consequences to that) are much greater.
I don’t think entire classes should be in the business of shutting down anymore or switching to virtual if a kid gets COVID in the class. I think that kid should stay home as long as he isn’t feeling well but the others should be in school. No different than the seasonal flu.

On the virtual school you are preaching to the choir. These kids need to be in school, in person, everyday. The Catholic School in my town has been that way since Sept with no issue. And those kids were no doubt interacting with others outside their bubble after school or on weekends, because everyone I know was to some degree.

Reactions: shu09
I’m going to pretend she wasn’t looking for a free drink and ask in that moment you thought it would be best to post on piratecrew?
Dont worry met 2 MAGA women from California, san fran and la basin, I really had to strike gold in that one...even have a a selfie for proof. Many here would like the MAGA women...sadly they ran through the cocktail menu. Btw they were both minorities, one mexican american, one asian american, so I am inclusive...being on LOTS is like being a fictional character so I say to all, live a little

We actually did have some conversation on the country etc...the mexican american maga was just shouting things like bleep biden bleep the dems and bleep kamala but she used another term...the asian American was more sane of the two but they both dont get that in mighty america we have to pick 1 of 2 sides to be on...i asked mexican american why are we in a two party system? She agreed said its a fair point....Jen and Tiff...fun times at the Jersey Shore

Last edited:
Dont worry met 2 MAGA women from California, san fran and la basin, I really had to strike gold in that one...even have a a selfie for proof. Many here would like the MAGA women...sadly they ran through the cocktail menu. Btw they were both minorities, one mexican american, one asian american, so I am inclusive...being on LOTS is like being a fictional character so I say to all, live a little

We actually did have some conversation on the country etc...the mexican american maga was just shouting things like bleep biden bleep the dems and bleep kamala but she used another term...the asian American was more sane of the two but they both dont get that in mighty america we have to pick 1 of 2 sides to be on...i asked mexican american why are we in a two party system? She agreed said its a fair point....Jen and Tiff...fun times at the Jersey Shore
I’ve explained the advantages of a two party system

they are obvious

you’ve never come up with a counter

to refresh: if you have more 2 parties fringe groups take control. In our system things generally move more slowly and we usually bend right, then left, then right again.

My son has lung issues. He was on a ventilator at birth which cause scarring and a condition called BPD. He spent 1-2 weeks in the hospital 5 times before age 4.

It’s a condition that improves. Today, at 6, it’s akin to mild asthma. We were concerned from the beginning of this.

Meeting with his pulmonologist, the doctor has little concern about him getting Covid. They cannot explain it yet but there are two theories on why it doesn’t impact young children like adults.

1 - the vaccination cocktail that they receive in the early years builds some kind of a short term immune response that fights it better (not the one he believes).

2 - the receptors that the virus attacks/attaches to are more prevalent in the upper respiratory system of children than in the lungs, where the virus wreaks havoc on adults.

He is not concerned with my son contracting Covid. He says it’ll be like having a cold. Now we’re also much better prepared with albuterol at hand should he need to open his airways, but we should be less concerned about the children contracting.

The reason we didn’t put the kids on the bus for kindergarten was that his pulmonologist wanted to limit contact and lessen the chance for contraction. But even last fall, that was more because they could bring it home to adult parents and grandparents.

Just one medical professionals opinion but someone I have know for some time and trust greatly.

My son has lung issues. He was on a ventilator at birth which cause scarring and a condition called BPD. He spent 1-2 weeks in the hospital 5 times before age 4.

It’s a condition that improves. Today, at 6, it’s akin to mild asthma. We were concerned from the beginning of this.

Meeting with his pulmonologist, the doctor has little concern about him getting Covid. They cannot explain it yet but there are two theories on why it doesn’t impact young children like adults.

1 - the vaccination cocktail that they receive in the early years builds some kind of a short term immune response that fights it better (not the one he believes).

2 - the receptors that the virus attacks/attaches to are more prevalent in the upper respiratory system of children than in the lungs, where the virus wreaks havoc on adults.

He is not concerned with my son contracting Covid. He says it’ll be like having a cold. Now we’re also much better prepared with albuterol at hand should he need to open his airways, but we should be less concerned about the children contracting.

The reason we didn’t put the kids on the bus for kindergarten was that his pulmonologist wanted to limit contact and lessen the chance for contraction. But even last fall, that was more because they could bring it home to adult parents and grandparents.

Just one medical professionals opinion but someone I have know for some time and trust greatly.
I went through similar stuff with a family member.

I agree with all this, but I’ll raise two issues....

you/your doc doesn’t think kids are doing other things to spread?

what does doc say about implications of masking kids? Personally I wonder about immune systems.

It’s a valid concern, and there were certainly a lot of rules for the sake of having rules like your playground example.

I’m not sure if there will be any long term developmental issues from kids wearing masks or not, but I’m also not sure if there will be any long term effects from Covid on kids so the small step of adding a mask to mitigate risk seems worth it.

If there was something definitive that said there are no long term risks and the only risk to children would be a very low chance of death, then I’d agree that masks for kids wouldn’t make sense especially after we have vaccinated the population at risk. There is still plenty of time in the day to mitigate the risk of any potential developmental issues due to have them be around other kids without masks outside school. Like you said, most families had their bubble or whatever. Like I said, my hope is that we look back soon and all the masks were was a temporary annoyance and we all move on.

I went through similar stuff with a family member.

I agree with all this, but I’ll raise two issues....

you/your doc doesn’t think kids are doing other things to spread?

what does doc say about implications of masking kids? Personally I wonder about immune systems.
Kids are doing plenty to spread it. It’s more about limiting those.

He’s still for the masking as the vaccinations roll out, but thinks it should be dropped in the fall. But much less concerned with masking on the playground or other outdoor activities, just thinks they should be put on in close indoor settings, especially mixed company/family.

He notes the impact of masking kids but also notes they are very adaptable at that young age. He would encourage the vaccinations of 12+. His kid is 16 and got it.

Kids are doing plenty to spread it. It’s more about limiting those.

He’s still for the masking as the vaccinations roll out, but thinks it should be dropped in the fall. But much less concerned with masking on the playground or other outdoor activities, just thinks they should be put on in close indoor settings, especially mixed company/family.

He notes the impact of masking kids but also notes they are very adaptable at that young age. He would encourage the vaccinations of 12+. His kid is 16 and got it.
Thanks for response. Good luck to you and your family ....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT