ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

From Covid? You're making that up. Breakthrough cases have been extremely rare.

Some from Covid, some from the vaccine itself.

Related to ending the restrictions and getting life back to normal, it is.

That's the politicians choice. Aren't there some baseball teams playing in stadiums with full if not almost full capacity. We can get back to normal if we so choose. If the vaccine is the answer to getting back to normal, why are teachers still afraid to go back when they jumped the line to get it first?

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85

Again, you're just making that up.

That's the politicians choice. Aren't there some baseball teams playing in stadiums with full if not almost full capacity. We can get back to normal if we so choose. If the vaccine is the answer to getting back to normal, why are teachers still afraid to go back when they jumped the line to get it first?

150 million Americans have received at least one shot. We are getting back to normal, and we are where we are today because of the vaccine. Teachers should not be afraid to go back, and should have been the 3rd group to get vaccinated after those most at risk and healthcare workers.

Yes, I am aware of the data.

About 2.2 million Americans have been hospitalized with Covid, and it has killed at least 597,000 Americans.

More than enough to warrant efforts to stop the spread through vaccination.

That's fine. I'm not against someone choosing to get the vaccine if they want it. That's their choice. What I am against is anyone being required to get it for any reason.

Reactions: Hallsome

Exactly. Politicians CHOSE to shut it down. It's up to them, and by extension the citizenry to put pressure on them to open it back up.

Many people have been living normal lives throughout this. We can no longer cater to those who are too scared to leave their homes. Our country can't afford it.

That's fine. I'm not against someone choosing to get the vaccine if they want it. That's their choice. What I am against is anyone being required to get it for any reason.

and it is the schools choice to require it... Some schools have strange rules, and if you don't agree with those rules, you wouldn't go to that school.

Either making it up or being mislead.

Maybe it's all #FakeNews. There are plenty of articles out there. Many make a point to say that the individuals had compromised immune systems but they were vaccinated and died of Covid. It may not be hundreds of thousands but it's happening.

Now word is out the yankees coaches who were vaccinated have the disease.

Yes, I have read a lot of the articles and studies... Not really about the Vaccines being used in Seychelles since those are not being used in the United states, but it appears they are not as effective as the ones primarily being used in the US.

No vaccine is 100% effective, so yes there will still be cases... but there are not still "plenty" of people dying after being vaccinated. From January through April 25th, there were more than 220,000 deaths from Covid. About 100 of them were fully vaccinated.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Yes, I have read a lot of the articles and studies... Not really about the Vaccines being used in Seychelles since those are not being used in the United states, but it appears they are not as effective as the ones primarily being used in the US.

No vaccine is 100% effective, so yes there will still be cases... but there are not still "plenty" of people dying after being vaccinated. From January through April 25th, there were more than 220,000 deaths from Covid. About 100 of them were fully vaccinated.
And then you have people questioning things like was Hank Aaron's death linked to the vaccine. I don't know if it was. You don't know if it wasn't. We'll never know. But how many of those deaths are unaccounted for in the totals. I'm not suggesting deaths after getting the vaccine are all related to the vaccine but to think that number is 0 is crazy.

Reactions: shu09
Never said it was zero, but 150 million Americans have been vaccinated.

The data so far supports that the vaccine is very effective at preventing infection and even more effective at preventing a severe case if you do get infected, and there is a better chance you will be killed by lightning than the vaccines.

Yes you did, you said he was making it up which implies 0.

For some of us, there's also a better chance of getting struck and killed by lightning than dying from covid.

For some of us, there's also a better chance of getting struck and killed by lightning than dying from covid.

I assumed by "plenty" he was saying something more than what it is, which is extremely rare.

Just be clear I would not consider fully vaccinated Covid deaths at 0.0001% to be "plenty"

Also would not consider deaths of people who received the vaccine, with at 0.002% to be "plenty" considering that is just people who died with no actual understanding of the cause of death. Actual deaths due to the vaccine will end up significantly lower.

No reason to downplay the effectiveness of the vaccine, or overstate the risks of being vaccinated.

Up to 7 Yankees testing positive. All fully vaccinated after taking the highly effective Vaccines.

Any news out there if they all got vaccinated at the same time.

Can't confirm that. I know most Yankees players took j&j vaccine on April 7th. As far as I know these are all coaches. Maybe they got vaccines at a different time? Not sure

You question people being afraid to get back to normal, but then scoff at the vaccines, which is our ticket back to normal. Dont be scared to get a wittle shot.

You question people being afraid to get back to normal, but then scoff at the vaccines, which is our ticket back to normal. Dont be scared to get a wittle shot.
Not to speak for him but I think his point is things should’ve always been more normal and should be almost totally back to normal now regardless of vax, and, finally, he believes it’s a personal choice. Covid is not like MMR, polio....it’s just not....and this flu vax is new too so in America people should have the choice

I got it because the best docs in the world at NYU persuaded me and got them themselves. same docs who think that what they’ve done to young kids in public schools is abusive.

if I was in my 20s or even 30’s maybe I’d think twice about vax .... again, just a personal decision

Reactions: HALL85 and shu09

There is no ticket to normal. I've been living normally through this.

Don't let the politicians, who chose to shut it down when they didn't have to, hold you hostage.

Not to speak for him but I think his point is things should’ve always been more normal and should be almost totally back to normal now regardless of vax, and, finally, he believes it’s a personal choice. Covid is not like MMR, polio....it’s just not....and this flu vax is new too so in America people should have the choice

I got it because the best docs in the world at NYU persuaded me and got them themselves. same docs who think that what they’ve done to young kids in public schools is abusive.

if I was in my 20s or even 30’s maybe I’d think twice about vax .... again, just a personal decision

Well said. If you want it, take it. If you don't, that's fine too. I'm not going to be bullied into doing something I don't want to do by politicians or people on this board.

Agree it should be personal choice. Each person needs to weigh the risks and not feel strong-armed by gov't, employers, schools. Is a healthy 15 year old more likely to die or have severe illness from COVID or from the vaccine?

Everyone seems to be so sure that the vaccine does more good than harm, yet the FDA still hasn't approved (only emergency authorization). I got the vaccine myself but I don't (yet) see the real benefit to my teenage kids. What if vaccine has longer-term fertility impacts or some other problems as a result of taking the vaccine during their development years? Wouldn't even be able to sue as the pharmaceutical companies have immunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09
Agree it should be personal choice. Each person needs to weigh the risks and not feel strong-armed by gov't, employers, schools. Is a healthy 15 year old more likely to die or have severe illness from COVID or from the vaccine?

Everyone seems to be so sure that the vaccine does more harm than good, yet the FDA still hasn't approved (only emergency authorization). I got the vaccine myself but I don't (yet) see the real benefit to my teenage kids. What if vaccine has longer-term fertility impacts or some other problems as a result of taking the vaccine during their development years? Wouldn't even be able to sue as the pharmaceutical companies have immunity.

Yup. All this propaganda out there to take it, yet you would have no legal recourse if you are injured by it. Doesn't get any more shady than that, especially considering these are huge companies that would have no problem shelling out money for settlements if needed.

I have warned this board this for a long. Asking as ms Judy and gov Murphy are running the show. We will never be taking off our masks indoors.

That sucks. I'll watch the games from home. I'm not sitting indoors for 2 hours with a mask on. Not happening. What I promise is in order to make myself feel like I'm at the game I'll order a pretzel from Tommy's Tavern in Clifton for $15.

I have warned this board this for a long. Asking as ms Judy and gov Murphy are running the show. We will never be taking off our masks indoors.

Nope. This will turn out just like your other predictions like the September shutdown, the 4th wave and double masking requirements.

In fact the CDC says fully vaccinated people can go without masks indoors and out.
Murphy has generally defaulted to CDC guidance. Very close to being over now.

Doesn't change the fact that Murphy still needs to go. It's a good article. Masking is a political issue and Democrats, Murphy's base, overwhelmingly approve of mandates.

First the politicians told us that masks weren't necessary. Then they said if everyone wore a mask we'd end the pandemic in 8-12 weeks. People wore masks and it didn't happen. Then they said the virus hadn't mutated. Then they said there were variants. Now there are 4,000 variants! Then they said we'd need 70% of adults vaccinated. Now they want to push it on children and up to 80-90% of the population based on her testimony in the article.

Stop buying the BS. Stop letting them move the goalposts.

It's a good article.

Not really. It's just an overreaction to something dumb that Persichilli said.
There is certainly criticism towards Murphy that is deserved, but a lookback on this hot take article is going to look really dumb when Murphy removes all restrictions soon.

The data is saying this is almost over. Murphy is absolutely going to try and take credit for that but won't be able to do it if restrictions are still in place.

The president of the United States has now stated masks are no longer necessary for vaccinated people. If Trump was president, the media would claim Trump is causing so much confusion and Trump would have been frowned upon for saying this.

Nope. This will turn out just like your other predictions like the September shutdown, the 4th wave and double masking requirements.

In fact the CDC says fully vaccinated people can go without masks indoors and out.

Murphy already said it will take the state awhile to follow the guidance provided by the CDC today. He said its going to be a huge problem telling if someone of Vaccinated vs not vaccinated

Will we be at the rock with no masks on this November?

Agree mostly-since before the winter things have been getting much better, well before vaccinations although vaccinations have probably helped

Will we be at the rock with no masks on this November?
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. My wife recently got her first shot because she wanted to. I have not for various reasons (age/health/risk based) and I’m not sure if I will. And I certainly, as of now, do not plan on having my young kids get it. If the Rock requires proof of vaccination to attend in person, it may be that we won’t be able to attend, which will suck.

The governor is not defaulting to the CDC on this one.

You are incorrect. Murphy has not defaulted to the CDC here. He will flip flop really soon, though.

The governor is now in a fight to keep his indoor mask mandate until January 1st, 2022.

Yea, I don’t think he is going to win that battle even if he takes it on. But remember our Governor takes marching orders, so he will beat to whatever drum they tell him to follow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT