ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

The 60 minutes piece was pure politics, nothing to do with the virus. It was a preemptive strike by the Democrats and their media allies on a popular and probable 2024 presidential contender.

The 60 minutes piece was pure politics, nothing to do with the virus. It was a preemptive strike by the Democrats and their media allies on a popular and probable 2024 presidential contender.

Agree there. 100% a smear. That has certainly backfired and hurt the credibility of 60 minutes.

Reactions: shu09
It appears NJs vaccine demand is unfortunately going down quick. Not sure if we will meet the governor's goal of 70% vaccinated within the state.

Breaking from the Tims: Experts are now saying "US Unlikely to Reach Herd Immunity"

Correct. I told you that months ago. We will not reach complete herd immunity, but we don't need to to move on.

NJ removing pretty much all restrictions outside of 6ft distance on May 19th which is reasonable as the drop in demand for vaccinations means we have vaccinated those who want to be vaccinated.

Correct. I told you that months ago. We will not reach complete herd immunity, but we don't need to to move on.

NJ removing pretty much all restrictions outside of 6ft distance on May 19th which is reasonable as the drop in demand for vaccinations means we have vaccinated those who want to be vaccinated.

When will 6 ft distance and mask wearing be eliminated since you are such the expert? Some small diners /restaurants in know can only operate at 50% with indoor dining and keep social distancing in play.

I went out to eat this weekend. Aside from the staff wearing masks, it actually felt normal. It seems like many restaurants aren't even following the silly capacity restrictions to begin with. Glad they are officially ending soon.

Most people seem to be over and done with covid except for truly paranoid and hysterical.

I went out to eat this weekend. Aside from the staff wearing masks, it actually felt normal. It seems like many restaurants aren't even following the silly capacity restrictions to begin with. Glad they are officially ending soon.

Most people seem to be over and done with covid except for truly paranoid and hysterical.
It is still dangerous for some

When will 6 ft distance and mask wearing be eliminated since you are such the expert? Some small diners /restaurants in know can only operate at 50% with indoor dining and keep social distancing in play.

He said when the CDC revises down, NJ will follow. Should happen relatively soon as it already has for schools.

I have been to a few indoor resturaunts and while tables are further apart than they were before this, it's hasn't seemed nearly as drastic as I would have thought. Things seemed fairly normal.

He said when the CDC revises down, NJ will follow. Should happen relatively soon as it already has for schools.

I have been to a few indoor resturaunts and while tables are further apart than they were before this, it's hasn't seemed nearly as drastic as I would have thought. Things seemed fairly normal.
No mask wearing for wearing in schools? I wasn't aware of that. I asked when 6 ft distance and mask wearing will be eliminated

No mask wearing for wearing in schools? I wasn't aware of that. I asked when 6 ft distance and mask wearing will be eliminated

Was talking about the 6ft rule.
Obviously none of us know on masks. Already said I expect in July.

Was talking about the 6ft rule.
Obviously none of us know on masks. Already said I expect in July.
Schools in my district are still open for about a half day (a shade more), not full-time. Distancing and apparently not being able to “handle” lunch is the reason for that.

Schools in my district are still open for about a half day (a shade more), not full-time. Distancing and apparently not being able to “handle” lunch is the reason for that.

Same as me. Back to full day on May 17th.

My kids also get out at 12:30 everyday due to not being able to figure out lunch, not sure we will get back full time this year, as of now plan is September.

Same as me. Back to full day on May 17th.
We've only been "teased" about the full day so far, with nothing firm committed. Our best guess is they throw a full-day week or two as we get closer to year-end, to appease parents, and to create the perception that come September it will be full-day all-the-time (to prevent further enrollment out of our public schools and into local catholic/private schools that have generally been full day, most days, since last September). They did this last summer, creating the expectation that full-day would be back by October -- what fools we were to believe that. The "not being able to figure out lunch" excuse is even more amusing.

Staying home so I don't get my family members sick or are very high risk is "truly paranoid and hysterical"? I have very valid reasons for staying home until the end of this pandemic. I also do not trust the covid vaccines because of how they were rushed to be out in production. I will not be taking the vaccine.

and/or stay home, like our resident lunatic.
I am a lunatic for simply staying home because I don't want my high risk family members to become infected with this terrible disease? Got it. Stay classy. I will continue to stay home until the end of this pandemic.

I go for J & J Wednesday AM

What was your experience with the Janssen vaccine? Any side effects? If I ever get the vaccine I will probably get the Janssen. I do not trust the mrna vaccines because of the long term effects they could cause.

What was your experience with the Janssen vaccine? Any side effects? If I ever get the vaccine I will probably get the Janssen. I do not trust the mrna vaccines because of the long term effects they could cause.

What long term effects could they cause? Why is Janssen's vaccine less likely to cause long term effects? Since your last science class was HS Biology in 1995, can you please elaborate on the long term effects you foresee?

What long term effects could they cause? Why is Janssen's vaccine less likely to cause long term effects? Since your last science class was HS Biology in 1995, can you please elaborate on the long term effects you foresee?

MRna. That's your answer. Janssen is not mrna

MRna. That's your answer. Janssen is not mrna

mRNA isn't an answer. What long-term effects has mRNA had on people? Are you aware that you have mRNA in you now? Are you aware that studies showed Janssen to be less effective than the mRNA vaccines?

mRNA isn't an answer. What long-term effects has mRNA had on people? Are you aware that you have mRNA in you now? Are you aware that studies showed Janssen to be less effective than the mRNA vaccines?
That’s the point. We don’t know the long term effects of utilizing mRNA technology in vaccines.

Hi @donnie_baseball. We don't know the long term effects. That's the very concerning part. Janssen has been proven to be effective in preventing death and hospitalizations. That's the most important part.

Hi @donnie_baseball. We don't know the long term effects. That's the very concerning part. Janssen has been proven to be effective in preventing death and hospitalizations. That's the most important part.
We don't know the long term effects of Jannsen either. Moderna and Pfizer's vaccine's have been MORE effective in preventing death and hospitalizations.

I will let you know in 24 hours

We don't know the long term effects of Jannsen either. Moderna and Pfizer's vaccine's have been MORE effective in preventing death and hospitalizations.
The delivery technology is different. It has never been used in vaccines. The clinical studies for all three were not done in completely parallel situations, so I would discount which is MORE effective. I don't tell anyone if and what to take.

Yet there is a snack time, I understand
Correct. And catholic schools among others have figured out how to deal with this along ago. But someone it is still a blockade in my district and elsewhere.

The delivery technology is different. It has never been used in vaccines. The clinical studies for all three were not done in completely parallel situations, so I would discount which is MORE effective. I don't tell anyone if and what to take.
I don't either, but if nutsy is going to choose one EUA vaccine over another because of fear of "long term effects," there at least should be some solid reasoning. But I didn't expect that from a bot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT