ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

And FWIW, even though hospitalizations are up in Eastern PA, no one who has been admitted in the past three weeks was vaccinated. No one; so as vaccination rates improve these numbers will drop to nothing.

Hi. Kindly following up. Can you please provide the data that shows no one that has been admitted in Eastern PA hospitals for covid have been Vaccinated?

CDC VAERS. The suspension is getting all the publicity but reports of adverse events with that vaccine pale in comparison to Moderna and Pfizer.

I couldn't care less about what "ages well" or not on a message board. I care about getting answers so I can make an educated decision.
Don’t look here haha although I think you know that

I saw this in the paper this morning.
MCIPO_Graphics_1-April2021-750x750.jpg

I saw this in the paper this morning.
MCIPO_Graphics_1-April2021-750x750.jpg

@Hallsome Why should I relax? As posted by @Pirata many, many Americans will not be taking this vaccines. 3 out 10 people in the great state of pennsylvania is just one example. We will never reach herd immunity and unfortunately that will mean this pandemic will never end as soon as we want it. As long as we don't reach herd immunity, the virus will still be circulating. 60,000+ cases reported in the states yesterday. We still have a year+ of this pandemic left.

@Hallsome Why should I relax? As posted by @Pirata many, many Americans will not be taking this vaccines. 3 out 10 people in the great state of pennsylvania is just one example. We will never reach herd immunity and unfortunately that will mean this pandemic will never end as soon as we want it. As long as we don't reach herd immunity, the virus will still be circulating. 60,000+ cases reported in the states yesterday. We still have a year+ of this pandemic left.

Yes, but if people choose not to get vaccinated than they accept the risk that comes with it. For those that want to return to normal living we get vaccinated as needed. We cant let a bunch of uneducated conspiracy theorists hold us in this pandemic for years.

Yes, but if people choose not to get vaccinated than they accept the risk that comes with it. For those that want to return to normal living we get vaccinated as needed. We cant let a bunch of uneducated conspiracy theorists hold us in this pandemic for years.

Unfortunately this will be the case. This pandemic is far from over.

This is incredibly off base, aside from the part about people assuming the risk (which is 100% correct).

1) You don't need permission to return to normal living. You are a US citizen with a God-given right to be free.

2) It is the government that has restricted people unjustly, not a virus. The government can get people back to normal living immediately if they simply end the restrictions.

3) It is not a "conspiracy theory" to question Big Pharma's wonder drugs and the affects they may or may not have on your body. You only get one body and it's 100% up to you what you put in it. Keep in mind these are NOT FDA-approved. They have only been granted emergency use authorization. Never before has a vaccine been rushed like this and the propaganda ads in the media telling you they're "safe and effective" are creepy. Why do they have to go to such great lengths to persuade you that they are? Never before has a vaccine created as many adverse event reports and intense side effects.

4) Vaccination is a choice. Once everyone who wants one gets one, there is ZERO case for any restrictions. Those who feel they need it have the protection and those who don't assume the risk.

Those in power have gone from 15 days to slow the spread, don't wear a mask, this only to keep the hospitals from becoming overwhelmed to "masks work and you must wear them everywhere," and "vaccination is our only way out and you must take it to get back to normal." What is next? What goalposts will they move now? Free citizens must demand an end to this nonsense. It's a respiratory virus that over 99% of people survive.

Never before in human history has the entire world shut down because of a virus. Why did we do it this time?

I thought you were someone who embraces freedom. Maybe I was mistaken in my perception of you.

Just a suggestion, do what u want

@Merge @shu09 Cases way up. It seems like we have plateaued on vaccinations as well. Johnson and Johnson fall out? I think it will be a lot tougher to reach herd immunity than we thought

@Merge @shu09 Cases way up. It seems like we have plateaued on vaccinations as well. Johnson and Johnson fall out? I think it will be a lot tougher to reach herd immunity than we thought

4 million shots reported today.

Israel vaccinated approx 55% of their population and pretty much completely shut down the virus.
Not going to eradicate the virus, but we will be in a similar position in under two months.

Israel vaccinated approx 55% of their population and pretty much completely shut down the virus.
Not going to eradicate the virus, but we will be in a similar position in under two months.

I'm talking about NJ pleteauing. Not the country.

It's good to see hospitalizations, ICU and ventilator usage falling. A temporary increase in cases doesn't mean much given most of the vulnerable have received the vaccine.

Reactions: Pirata
It's good to see hospitalizations, ICU and ventilator usage falling. A temporary increase in cases doesn't mean much given most of the vulnerable have received the vaccine.

But our politicans will point to case numbers as the reasons for restrictions. Ask Tony Fauci.

Because it would lower your blood pressure and make you less susceptible to the virus.

It would also make this board much more enjoyable.

I have been sheltering in place since March 2020. I do not know yet when I will be getting out of the house yet. NJ case rates are still very high. Never thought it would be this long with no end in sight.

I have been sheltering in place since March 2020. I do not know yet when I will be getting out of the house yet. NJ case rates are still very high. Never thought it would be this long with no end in sight.
Perhaps you’ll be sheltering in place for the rest of your life.

Perhaps you’ll be sheltering in place for the rest of your life

Perhaps you’ll be sheltering in place for the rest of your life.
We will see. Right now the virus is just spreading at a rapid pace. I thought the vaccines would improve this but it doesn't look like that right now. As Fauci says 60,000+ daily cases is still too high to put our guard down.

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Not funny. You have no idea. I live with people that have very serious health issues. That's why I am taking so heavy precautions. Stay in your lane. Have a great day.

More bad news. We have reached the 3,000,000 death mark worldwide for covid deaths. As the article describes we see a world where vaccine distributions have met several roadblocks and countries such as India, France, and Brazil are seeing me now monumental spikes.

Per the IHME, the US made a little progress this week on the vaccine front. I have warned we might be pleatuing. The IHME has also now forecasted 59,000 deaths through August 1st. If United States implemented a universal mask wearing policy, 13,000 of those lives would be saved. Main worry with the IHME right now is vaccine hesitancy in the United States. I have warned this in the beginning.

@Merge Hello. I started this conversation because of vaccines hesitancy in the us. Since the j&j news came out, 40% of Americans now say they will not get the vaccine. This is a new high. It appears I might be right again about the country not reaching the herd immunity threshold.

The vaccines will be readily available to all three categories/everyone shortly. If you can get it and choose not to, that’s on you. No reason not to fully open up at that point.

It appears Governor Murphy is not opening up tomorrow, even though the general public will have access to the vaccine.

The public accepts masks because we didn’t have a vaccine. Now that we have a vaccine, the public is not going to continue to wear masks once the spread stops.

I am probably the most pro mask person here (outside of the award winning hazmat troll) and that support only extends to a point when we still need them.

The trends are VERY positive right now.

On February 9th you posted this. Did you think we will still be about above 2k hospitalizations on April 17th?

Clearly not what he meant. He was talking about the near future to beat the virus, but not really worth arguing about it.

I don't think you appreciate how quickly things are improving and if they continue on this trend, you don't think democrats will want to take credit for getting us back to normal?

You posted this in February. Things are are quickly improving? Huh? This post was 2 months ago and I don't see too improvement with nj hospitalizations and cases.

Not funny. You have no idea. I live with people that have very serious health issues. That's why I am taking so heavy precautions. Stay in your lane. Have a great day.
But your own admission your situation is an anomaly and your views are highly skewed.

Don't expect everyone to adopt them.

Ok I reviewed. Isn't the teachers union already pushing murphy to keep mask mandate for schools in September?
Because if it is not already apparent, the teachers union wants to leverage this crisis as much as possible for as much money as possible to go into "pots", after which we will never know how it gets distributed. Those that are still not full day, in-person instruction -- which is the case in NY/NJ for many public schools -- will probably throw a bone at parents and ease into this as the year concludes, but want to keep that option on the table for the fall again.

But our politicans will point to case numbers as the reasons for restrictions. Ask Tony Fauci.
Fauci's 10 minutes of fame to the general public are starting to winnow down. That should have happened a long time ago. God bless him, but more folks should be taking notes from the Governor of Florida. I'm no Republican and frankly didn't know much about him before this pandemic, but he's handled it better than anyone. He protected the elderly in a way Governors like Cuomo did not. He worked with Democratic politicians on the vaccine roll-out (which 60 Minutes failed, unsuccessfully, to criticize him for as some type of "pay for play" scenario with Publix, which blew up in their face when Democrats came to the guy's defense), he managed the pandemic in a way that didn't destroy Florida's economy, and all my Florida colleagues have had their kids in school since basically the beginning of the year because he told the corrupt teacher union to STFU and do what they are paid to do or get fired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT