ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

I agree with #2. The theory I have heard is that kids/ younger folks have less angiotensin 2 receptors and that is what covid likes to bind too. Meaning it gets deeper/spreads to lungs if you have more of them. Older you are more you have.

My son was also intubated and on a ventilator on and off a few years back. Miserable experience.

For me whether the short-term complications are only equivalent to a cold, I’m still not risking it for my kids.

50% of kids born today will be living well above 100 years of age. I’m looking passed only the short term issues and feel there is a greater chance my kids will have long term issues from covid (multi inflammatory syndrome, long covid, coronary issues, etc) than wearing a mask when in public settings.

My son has lung issues. He was on a ventilator at birth which cause scarring and a condition called BPD. He spent 1-2 weeks in the hospital 5 times before age 4.

It’s a condition that improves. Today, at 6, it’s akin to mild asthma. We were concerned from the beginning of this.

Meeting with his pulmonologist, the doctor has little concern about him getting Covid. They cannot explain it yet but there are two theories on why it doesn’t impact young children like adults.

1 - the vaccination cocktail that they receive in the early years builds some kind of a short term immune response that fights it better (not the one he believes).

2 - the receptors that the virus attacks/attaches to are more prevalent in the upper respiratory system of children than in the lungs, where the virus wreaks havoc on adults.

He is not concerned with my son contracting Covid. He says it’ll be like having a cold. Now we’re also much better prepared with albuterol at hand should he need to open his airways, but we should be less concerned about the children contracting.

The reason we didn’t put the kids on the bus for kindergarten was that his pulmonologist wanted to limit contact and lessen the chance for contraction. But even last fall, that was more because they could bring it home to adult parents and grandparents.

Just one medical professionals opinion but someone I have know for some time and trust greatly.

Dont worry met 2 MAGA women from California, san fran and la basin, I really had to strike gold in that one...even have a a selfie for proof. Many here would like the MAGA women...sadly they ran through the cocktail menu. Btw they were both minorities, one mexican american, one asian american, so I am inclusive...being on LOTS is like being a fictional character so I say to all, live a littl

wow you just labeled every person you came in contact with. Isn’t the goal to end that?

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
According the the Medical Journal, "JAMA Network Open" health professionals recommend school closures, Universal mask wearing, quarantining, and distancing throughout the entirety of the US vaccine distribution. This will be the only scenario the pandemic would end in the US per JAMA. The health professionals that work for this journal disagree with the CDC's latest guidance. They believe 8000 lives could be saved if we go back to universal mask wearing, distancing, and school closures. They are also warning a huge covid spike is looming in the United States. @Merge

According the the Medical Journal, "JAMA Network Open" health professionals recommend school closures, Universal mask wearing, quarantining, and distancing throughout the entirety of the US vaccine distribution. This will be the only scenario the pandemic would end in the US per JAMA. The health professionals that work for this journal disagree with the CDC's latest guidance. They believe 8000 lives could be saved if we go back to universal mask wearing, distancing, and school closures. They are also warning a huge covid spike is looming in the United States. @Merge

First, that's not what that study said and their "worst case" scenario is based on total percent vaccinated of 25% with efficacy at 50%.Literally every state in the US has higher than 25% vaccinated and the far majority of which received a vaccine with 90%+ efficacy. The main point of that study was to say we should maintain restrictions while we rolled out the vaccine. We did that.

Second, why are you still here? You lost the bet.

Reactions: sami and shu09
First, that's not what that study said and their "worst case" scenario is based on total percent vaccinated of 25% with efficacy at 50%.Literally every state in the US has higher than 25% vaccinated and the far majority of which received a vaccine with 90%+ efficacy. The main point of that study was to say we should maintain restrictions while we rolled out the vaccine. We did that.

Second, why are you still here? You lost the bet.

To be honest, I believe there will be another surge. What is your prediction for 4th quarter quarter 2021/1st quarter 2022?

To be honest, I believe there will be another surge. What is your prediction for 4th quarter quarter 2021/1st quarter 2022?

Trying to go double or nothing on a bet you never had any intention on going through with?

I'll pass on getting into future predictions with you other than I'll just assume every extended projection you make will be wrong. That worked out well for me so far. Pick a couple stocks for me as well so I have something to short.

Trying to go double or nothing on a bet you never had any intention on going through with?

I'll pass on getting into future predictions with you other than I'll just assume every extended projection you make will be wrong. That worked out well for me so far. Pick a couple stocks for me as well so I have something to short.
AMC and GameStop

I'm

Simple question. Will there be a surge next winter? Or no?

The Fauci emails coming out now are quite interesting. He knew typical cloth masks were NOT effective, yet we spent the last year pretending that they did something and virtue signaling. Changed his tune when it became a good political move for him to do so.

The Fauci emails coming out now are quite interesting. He knew typical cloth masks were NOT effective, yet we spent the last year pretending that they did something and virtue signaling. Changed his tune when it became a good political move for him to do so.

Read the first sentence. That is why we wore masks.

Once we understood how significant asymptomatic spread was, we changed the view on the importance of masks for everyone. They were never intended as personal protection and are not effective for that purpose. However, they were effective in helping reduce the chance you would spread the virus to others if you were infected. Not sure why you think what he said there was not in line with what he has been saying all along. It is exactly the same message.

Once we understood how significant asymptomatic spread was, we changed the view on the importance of masks for everyone. They were never intended as personal protection and are not effective for that purpose. However, they were effective in helping reduce the chance you would spread the virus to others if you were infected. Not sure why you think what he said there was not in line with what he has been saying all along. It is exactly the same message.
But to me, that seems like basic virology 101. Any mask is going to prevent spread of any virus, so even though we didn't know everything about COVID, wouldn't that have been a common sense, preventative measure to take early on? Why did we have to wait to understand the significance?

But to me, that seems like basic virology 101. Any mask is going to prevent spread of any virus, so even though we didn't know everything about COVID, wouldn't that have been a common sense, preventative measure to take early on? Why did we have to wait to understand the significance?

Because they only help if everyone is wearing one, and we were not at a point where we needed to mandate them yet.

As personal protection where very few people are wearing them, they don’t help and only provide a false sense of security. We wouldn’t want at risk people walking around with a mask on thinking they were protected.

I'm

Simple question. Will there be a surge next winter? Or no?

Any expectations I have or predictions I would make would be based off of some type of observable data.
I have not yet seen anything yet to suggest a surge would be coming in the winter. That could change, but as of now I think the odds are fairly low. Somewhere between you honoring the bet and aliens are appearing off the coast of North Carolina every day.

Because they only help if everyone is wearing one, and we were not at a point where we needed to mandate them yet.

As personal protection where very few people are wearing them, they don’t help and only provide a false sense of security. We wouldn’t want at risk people walking around with a mask on thinking they were protected.
That makes no sense. It was developing as a global pandemic and it would have been a simple precautionary measure that would not have been a burden for the public if explained properly.

Asymptomatic spread is a myth when it comes to this virus.

LOL, that's exactly what happened. People thought the mask protected them. It doesn't.

That makes no sense. It was developing as a global pandemic and it would have been a simple precautionary measure that would not have been a burden for the public if explained properly.

You realize though, that the e-mail you are referring to was about 40 days before you were planning on going to a cooking class in NYC... We had 12 cases in the entire country then. Masks only help with a mandate. We were not in a position where we needed a mask mandate at the time.

There is no chance in hell you would have supported the government telling people they all need to wear masks at that point. In fact, three weeks after that e-mail in question, you were saying the response from MSM and politicians was overreaction and hysteria.

Once we had more information about asymptomatic spread, and that even home cloth masks helped prevent unaware infected people from spreading it to others, out guidance changed.

Asymptomatic spread is a myth when it comes to this virus.

Are you kidding me? How do you possibly still have that view.
You're just 100% wrong.

and to be clear, I am using asymptomatic to mean spreading the virus while you currently have no symptoms - That includes asymptomatic and presymptomatic.

LOL, that's exactly what happened. People thought the mask protected them. It doesn't.

A MASK WAS NOT INTENDED FOR YOUR PERSONAL PROTECTION.

I have told you that countless times here, and you are still talking about them as personal protection.

A MASK WAS NOT INTENDED FOR YOUR PERSONAL PROTECTION.

I have told you that countless times here, and you are still talking about them as personal protection.

Looks like you have some reading comprehension issues too. Common theme among the covid hysterics? I have never once said masks protect you. They don't. In fact, they're completely useless.

You're right, but unfortunately most of the people in the country feel the mask does protect them. It's why some still insist on wearing them.

Interesting article here about some of the mentally ill people who still cling to their masks: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ns-extend-beyond-n1268176?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? How do you possibly still have that view.
You're just 100% wrong.

and to be clear, I am using asymptomatic to mean spreading the virus while you currently have no symptoms - That includes asymptomatic and presymptomatic.

People who have no symptoms do not spread the virus on any large scale.

You're right. Unfortunately most of the people in the country feel the mask does protect them. It's why some still insist on wearing them.

Right, some people didn't understand the intent but the message was clear if people were paying attention.
Masks are not effective for personal protection. High compliance with masking helps mitigate the spread within a community. That has been the message the entire time.

If people choose to wear them after being vaccinated, it doesn't impact me at all. I really don't care.

Right, some people didn't understand the intent but the message was clear if people were paying attention.
Masks are not effective for personal protection. High compliance with masking helps mitigate the spread within a community. That has been the message the entire time.

If people choose to wear them after being vaccinated, it doesn't impact me at all. I really don't care.

But this is what you get after a year plus of public messaging and virtue signaling about masks. The typical run of the mill, dumbed-down American citizen takes that to mean they have to wear a mask to protect themselves.

You realize though, that the e-mail you are referring to was about 40 days before you were planning on going to a cooking class in NYC... We had 12 cases in the entire country then. Masks only help with a mandate. We were not in a position where we needed a mask mandate at the time.

There is no chance in hell you would have supported the government telling people they all need to wear masks at that point. In fact, three weeks after that e-mail in question, you were saying the response from MSM and politicians was overreaction and hysteria.

Once we had more information about asymptomatic spread, and that even home cloth masks helped prevent unaware infected people from spreading it to others, out guidance changed.
Lol. So you’re comparing me to Fauci. He supposed to be the expert on viruses. I never claimed to be anything close to that.

We knew infected patients from China were coming in through New York and California and that’s where the original cases were. It would’ve been an easy preventative measure to advise people to wear masks in those areas. Something that could’ve been expanded overtime in areas where hotspots developed. No hysteria, just a good preventative measure.

Lol. So you’re comparing me to Fauci. He supposed to be the expert on viruses. I never claimed to be anything close to that.

We knew infected patients from China were coming in through New York and California and that’s where the original cases were. It would’ve been an easy preventative measure to advise people to wear masks in those areas. Something that could’ve been expanded overtime in areas where hotspots developed. No hysteria, just a good preventative measure.

No, I'm not comparing you to Fauci.

I am just confident based on your previous posts that your response to Fauci saying "we think all Americans where a case has been identified should wear a mask" (On February 5th 2020...) would not have been "that sounds like a good preventative measure"

But this is what you get after a year plus of public messaging and virtue signaling about masks. The typical run of the mill, dumbed-down American citizen takes that to mean they have to wear a mask to protect themselves.

Well, sometimes Americans have dumb beliefs. For example, some still believe that Covid doesn't spread from people without symptoms... Even though there is an absurd amount of evidence to the contrary, they will continue to believe what they want to believe.

People who have no symptoms do not spread the virus on any large scale.
This is perhaps the most ignorant statement that you may have said on this board. Almost everyone that I have known that has got infected with CoVid came from people that did not have symptoms and that includes me.

No, I'm not comparing you to Fauci.

I am just confident based on your previous posts that your response to Fauci saying "we think all Americans where a case has been identified should wear a mask" (On February 5th 2020...) would not have been "that sounds like a good preventative measure"
Sure, just keep deflecting. The original point still stands on what Fauci should have done instead of using lame excuses.

And since you want to draw my early opinions into this to conflate your point, remember, I was emphatic about isolating and targeting hot spots at the beginning. We should have sealed the borders (which I stated), and then ring-fenced hot spots to contain the spread. That was far more draconian than advising everyone in those areas to mask up to prevent spread....but, but Fauci never said any of that.

There is no solid evidence of that. Carry on.

There is plenty. Every study shows it.

"In this base case, 59% of all transmission came from asymptomatic transmission, comprising 35% from presymptomatic individuals and 24% from individuals who never develop symptoms. Under a broad range of values for each of these assumptions, at least 50% of new SARS-CoV-2 infections was estimated to have originated from exposure to individuals with infection but without symptoms."

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Sure, just keep deflecting. The original point still stands on what Fauci should have done instead of using lame excuses.

And since you want to draw my early opinions into this to conflate your point, remember, I was emphatic about isolating and targeting hot spots at the beginning. We should have sealed the borders (which I stated), and then ring-fenced hot spots to contain the spread. That was far more draconian than advising everyone in those areas to mask up to prevent spread....but, but Fauci never said any of that.

I'm not deflecting anything. You just have FDS.

IMO, Fauci and Gottlieb are proving the most sound and measured assessments and recommendations.

That was on March 16th, 2020. His recommendations were sound. They were measured to the information we had available. He didn't change his approach.

There is plenty. Every study shows it.

"In this base case, 59% of all transmission came from asymptomatic transmission, comprising 35% from presymptomatic individuals and 24% from individuals who never develop symptoms. Under a broad range of values for each of these assumptions, at least 50% of new SARS-CoV-2 infections was estimated to have originated from exposure to individuals with infection but without symptoms."

24% is not a large scale. That means 76% of transmission (the vast majority) comes from people who have or will develop symptoms. Those 76% are not asymptomatic.

I'm not deflecting anything. You just have FDS.

That was on March 16th, 2020. His recommendations were sound. They were measured to the information we had available. He didn't change his approach.
Just more deflection....you're losing your touch Auditor. I've responded to this already which has nothing to do with the point I've made that you don't want to discuss....but keep trying. You look good in pretzel contortions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT