ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

No - as I have been saying all along, once the population has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, I would no longer agree with restrictions. I am not concerned with the virus spreading where it doesn't result in large increases in hospitalizations and deaths. That means the vulnerable population has been protected.

If hospitalizations start to increase drastically in NJ like they are in Florida (500% increase in a little over a month for example is not sustainable) I would change my opinion.

Since children under 12 can not be vaccinated. If we start to see Covid impact them more than it has, I would change my view.

Other than those events, the spread isn't really something we need to intervene for.

So you are not listening to the recommendation by Dr. Fauci and our doctors/scientists. Got it!

When vaccinated people start dying from delta in significant numbers I will start worrying right now just sitting back and having a cold one.

No - as I have been saying all along, once the population has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, I would no longer agree with restrictions. I am not concerned with the virus spreading where it doesn't result in large increases in hospitalizations and deaths. That means the vulnerable population has been protected.

If hospitalizations start to increase drastically in NJ like they are in Florida (500% increase in a little over a month for example is not sustainable) I would change my opinion.

Since children under 12 can not be vaccinated. If we start to see Covid impact them more than it has, I would change my view.

Other than those events, the spread isn't really something we need to intervene for.

NJ hospitalizations are over 500. Like my doctor friend has told me they are expecting a NJ covid hospitalization spike from August to October. @HALL85 The latest study my doctor friend told me is they are expecting 2,500 hospital beds needed for covid patients in Nj on October 1

Last edited:

I would be absolutely shocked (happily) if kids aren’t more negatively impacted in the Fall from covid. Hospitalizations for kids already up in many southern states (death rates still very low compared to adults but 2 times higher mortality rate than normal flu and kids according to CDC director).

Save this hot take and hope someone throws it back in my face as being overly pessimistic.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I would be absolutely shocked (happily) if kids aren’t more negatively impacted in the Fall from covid. Hospitalizations for kids already up in many southern states (death rates still very low compared to adults but 2 times higher mortality rate than normal flu and kids according to CDC director).

Save this hot take and hope someone throws it back in my face as being overly pessimistic.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens in Florida.
If they can get through a few weeks of school without a spike in Children being hospitalized, I'd be fairly optimistic.

You need to find better sources of information. Eric Topol has been a panic spreading, fear-mongerer since this began.
Haha, you are lecturing on having better sources? You chronically post links and tweets with extreme viewpionts with conspiracy theories from random people.

As far as my post, just thought the picture from a Tweet he shared was appropriate especially for some of the stuff coming off your keyboard about freedom and covid.

As far as what I do, to get a diverse range of sources, I actually listened to the whole Desantis clown show press conference on anti masks in his state of Florida last Tuesday and read the entire book panic attack by nicole saphier because my father was reading it and wanted to get a feel for that viewpoint. Glad to hear the author and radiologist is at least very pro vaccine. I actually watched Fox news last weekend too for the first time in a while to broaden my knowledge.

BTW, I recommend that everyone stop watching Fox News and MSNBC altogether, just makes you angry all the time with its absurdly biased messages. I can guarantee you will be a better human being without watching any of that crap.

Haha, you are lecturing on having better sources? You chronically post links and tweets with extreme viewpionts with conspiracy theories from random people.

As far as my post, just thought the picture from a Tweet he shared was appropriate especially for some of the stuff coming off your keyboard about freedom and covid.

As far as what I do, to get a diverse range of sources, I actually listened to the whole Desantis clown show press conference on anti masks in his state of Florida last Tuesday and read the entire book panic attack by nicole saphier because my father was reading it and wanted to get a feel for that viewpoint. Glad to hear the author and radiologist is at least very pro vaccine. I actually watched Fox news last weekend too for the first time in a while to broaden my knowledge.

BTW, I recommend that everyone stop watching Fox News and MSNBC altogether, just makes you angry all the time with its absurdly biased messages. I can guarantee you will be a better human being without watching any of that crap.

Something is not a "conspiracy theory" just because you disagree with it. It's a different opinion. Learn to listen to different opinions.

Your post is rife with bias. "Desantis clown show?" Cmon. You clearly don't have an open mind to different viewpoints.

I don't watch cable news. I realized many years ago that it is pure garbage. In my real world experience, the only people I encounter who are terrified of covid are those who watch cable news (specifically CNN and MSNBC). The rest of the people I encounter really don't care about it. They've moved on, as we all should.

You need to find better sources of information. Eric Topol has been a panic spreading, fear-mongerer since this began.
Actually Topol is a great healthcare futurist. His three books are a must read and lots of stuff he’s predicted are spot on.

@Merge The governor is now making vaccines mandatory for certain fields. This is just the beginning. People will continue to be required to take the vaccine. Soon they will not be allowed to ask questions and just be forced to take the vaccine. Democracy dies in darkness.

Actually Topol is a great healthcare futurist. His three books are a must read and lots of stuff he’s predicted are spot on.

That's all well and good, but he's been a covid hysteric since this all started.

Sample size on this poll? Source? Thank you.

Or you can not take any of it serious and realize it’s entertainment not news

I fully expect the rock to require masks this winter. Will you go to games if the rock requires masks?

Maybe. Impossible to answer honestly at this point. Really depends on what the situation is with kids at the time.

12,408 now hospitalized in Florida, the number is skyrocketing.

Maybe. Impossible to answer honestly at this point. Really depends on what the situation is with kids at the time.

You told me covid would be a non story in the US in the summer. You told me weeks ago you don't plan on wearing a mask this season at the rock. You have been wrong about a lot of things during this pandemic.

You told me covid would be a non story in the US in the summer. You told me weeks ago you don't plan on wearing a mask this season at the rock. You have been wrong about a lot of things during this pandemic.

My summer is exactly as it would be without a pandemic, and at the moment I don't plan on wearing a mask at SHU games next year.

That could change depending on the circumstances considering I would be bringing my kids.
If the circumstances change, my opinion will change.

Florida is about to send children back to school when Covid is the worst it has ever been in the state. If children start being hospitalized with Covid there, I won't be going to any games this year. While I don't expect that will happen, it might.

The only way the virus is impacting me right now is if I should cancel my October Disney world trip. Had been leaning towards still going, but now I am not as certain.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
My summer is exactly as it would be without a pandemic, and at the moment I don't plan on wearing a mask at SHU games next year.

That could change depending on the circumstances considering I would be bringing my kids.

Florida is about to send children back to school when Covid is the worst it has ever been in the state. If children start being hospitalized with Covid there, I won't be going to any games this year. While I don't expect that will happen, it might.

The only way the virus is impacting me right now is if I should cancel my October Disney world trip. Had been leaning towards still going, but now I am not as certain.

Florida is averaging 32 pediatric hospitalizations from covid now.

Florida is averaging 32 pediatric hospitalizations from covid now.

From what I found so far, they are up to 138 now.

Granted 138 is still a low number, it' 3x higher than it has ever been in the state and appears to be growing rapidly while kids aren't even in school yet.

Granted 138 is still a low number, it' 3x higher than it has ever been in the state and appears to be growing rapidly while kids aren't even in school yet.
I wonder how this 138 compares to hospitalizations over the past year and a half. Is it running at the same level (% of total), more, less. Also, how many have comorbidities. Hard to tell if this is something concerning or just more MSM fear mongering.

Unless kids are getting seriously ill or hospitals become overwhelmed, they are going to to proceed full steam ahead IMO. That’s what the state has basically done since the beginning with very targeted exceptions.

No data to support this, but I have to think some of the kids going to the hospital are being driven by the fear and uncertainty associated with COVID. My kids have had the flu where they were really sick for a few days, but you’d never think of taking them to the hospital because it’s the flu and we’ve all lived with the flu forever. If my kid had COVID I’d be more concerned naturally because of uncertainty and less experience with it.

Reactions: Merge
Unless kids are getting seriously ill or hospitals become overwhelmed, they are going to to proceed full steam ahead IMO. That’s what the state has basically done since the beginning with very targeted exceptions.

No data to support this, but I have to think some of the kids going to the hospital are being driven by the fear and uncertainty associated with COVID. My kids have had the flu where they were really sick for a few days, but you’d never think of taking them to the hospital because it’s the flu and we’ve all lived with the flu forever. If my kid had COVID I’d be more concerned naturally because of uncertainty and less experience with it.

I agree with this. Hopefully it's just over reaction to the unknown.

I wonder how this 138 compares to hospitalizations over the past year and a half. Is it running at the same level (% of total), more, less. Also, how many have comorbidities. Hard to tell if this is something concerning or just more MSM fear mongering.

Best I could find so far that it is the highest it has been in Florida, and also the highest rate of admissions since this started as well. On June 30, they were averaging about 6 pediatric admissions per day. On July 31, it was about 33 per day. Previous high was a year ago at 26 per day

No idea if it becomes significant or not. Just something I am keeping an eye on as a parent especially with school starting back up.

Yeah I think that is true. Just still a little troubling to see the current pediatric admissions being up higher than they have ever been in the state.

You’re dumb for wasting your money on your brat kids, per someone. Don’t forget that.

just kidding. Hope your trip isn’t ruined ….

After 11 months and three date changes our daughter got married last month. No masks, no restrictions, no passports, a lot of pent up energy to party. Looks like we got lucky.

Reactions: dehere23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT