ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

@King of S Hello. Just checking in with you. You said the pandemic is over for those who are Vaccinated. Do you still hold this opinion even now if the CDC is saying vaccinated people can spread the Delta variant? The CDC is also recommending mask wearing again. It appears I was right and you were wrong about this pandemic.

You realize those aren’t questions, right?
Just random words with question marks? I’ll do my best.

Death rate? I’d guess somewhere around 0.8%
Vaccine development? I’m a fan
Treatment methods? Also a fan
Why did we open? Because the spread was low
Florida? Is a state down south. Known for theme parks, meth and least teeth per capita.

May want to revisit some old posts. I gave you the rates a while back. Even noted they were inflated because we didn’t know how many cases there were.

I just happen to think even if it’s 0.5% of 120,000,000 is a lot of death especially over the course of a Few mont

And you feel the need to argue with someone you don’t know on the internet if their death qualifies as dark or not? Cool.
Where’s the girl gif this time?

Hello. If you remember a few months back I mentioned people will not be willing to take the Covid vaccine and this will prevent the pandemic from ending. It looks like now we are heading toward this direction. Per monmouth poll 25% of americans will not take covid vaccine. If this is true. No end in sight for the pandemic. Unfortunately it looks like I will be right again.

I posted this is February. I knew this in February and I am still right. There is still no end in sight for this pandemic

@HALL85 Weren't you the poster who said this is over. My doctor friend has told me NJ hospitals are expecting a surge from August to October. What are your hospital contacts saying?

@King of S Hello. Just checking in with you. You said the pandemic is over for those who are Vaccinated. Do you still hold this opinion even now if the CDC is saying vaccinated people can spread the Delta variant? The CDC is also recommending mask wearing again. It appears I was right and you were wrong about this pandemic.

There are more people hospitalized with Covid in Nevada than there are vaccinated people hospitalized in the entire country.

Covid spreading among the vaccinated isn't a problem.

@HALL85 Weren't you the poster who said this is over. My doctor friend has told me NJ hospitals are expecting a surge from August to October. What are your hospital contacts saying?
Actually was on a call with about 20+ hospitals in the region yesterday and while they are seeing a slight increase in hospitalizations, it is business as usual and it has had zero effect on the rest of the operation. They are also reporting that the treatments (primarily monoclonal antibodies and convalescent plasma) have been very effective in those that have been hospitalized.

There are more people hospitalized with Covid in Nevada than there are vaccinated people hospitalized in the entire country.

Covid spreading among the vaccinated isn't a problem.

The CDC disagrees. That's why they recommend vaccinated to mask up. If covid spreading among the vaccinated wasn't a problem, they would never recommend the vaccinated to mask.

The CDC disagrees. That's why they recommend vaccinated to mask up. If covid spreading among the vaccinated wasn't a problem, they would never recommend the vaccinated to mask.

Right, the vaccinated can spread it to the unvaccinated and those people are being hospitalized at a fairly high rate. The CDC wants to prevent the deaths of the people who don't want to be vaccinated. I think those people have made their choice and in some cases, it will be an unfortunate one for people who are at risk of severe illness or death.

I get why the CDC would make that recommendation, like I also get that the CDC also recommends that women drink no more than 1 drink per day and that men drink no more than 2 drinks per day to help prevent heart disease... but politicians don't need to mandate that.

The restrictions made sense before we had the vaccine. As long as hospitals are not getting crushed, there is no need for restrictions any more.

If hospital systems look like they are on a path of being overwhelmed, restrictions in parts of the country might make sense.

You guys are arguing with a maniac. If 40 pages didn’t get through, your next post will?

Reactions: Pirata
Actually was on a call with about 20+ hospitals in the region yesterday and while they are seeing a slight increase in hospitalizations, it is business as usual and it has had zero effect on the rest of the operation. They are also reporting that the treatments (primarily monoclonal antibodies and convalescent plasma) have been very effective in those that have been hospitalized.
Monoclonal infusions do work amazingly well. But, you have to get the infusion within 7-10 days. Otherwise, it’s too late.

Monoclonal infusions do work amazingly well. But, you have to get the infusion within 7-10 days. Otherwise, it’s too late.
Exactly. I actually know of one hospital system that is sending healthcare workers out to the community to administer the treatment if they have diagnose the patient in order to prevent hospitalization.

Right, the vaccinated can spread it to the unvaccinated and those people are being hospitalized at a fairly high rate. The CDC wants to prevent the deaths of the people who don't want to be vaccinated. I think those people have made their choice and in some cases, it will be an unfortunate one for people who are at risk of severe illness or death.

I get why the CDC would make that recommendation, like I also get that the CDC also recommends that women drink no more than 1 drink per day and that men drink no more than 2 drinks per day to help prevent heart disease... but politicians don't need to mandate that.

The restrictions made sense before we had the vaccine. As long as hospitals are not getting crushed, there is no need for restrictions any more.

If hospital systems look like they are on a path of being overwhelmed, restrictions in parts of the country might make sense.
The message for vaccinated people to mask up is the wrong message to send out. No reason for vaccinated people to mask up. Focus on the non-vaxxed people. The CDC and Ihe White House is sending out a bad message by having vaccinated people mask up at the White House and in Congress.

The message for vaccinated people to mask up is the wrong message to send out. No reason for vaccinated people to mask up. Focus on the non-vaxxed people. The CDC and Ihe White House is sending out a bad message by having vaccinated people mask up at the White House and in Congress.

Yep. Completely agree.

I don’t get it either. Quite frankly, we will not put a mask mandate in place for our employees. Period.

Get ready for another round of contention. Especially with some of the powerful unions that are going to push back on this.

This also has become a regional issue that doesn’t need this kind of federal mandate. I just left a fairly large hospital in central Pennsylvania that has very few Covid cases. In fact last week their dashboard indicated they had zero for three consecutive days.

And not that it matters, (but some people like to keep score), most of the counties with high numbers in PA are blue.
https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/m...0210729-s6wkttwmcjh3dami7dwhommmne-story.html

Last edited:
And …avg length of stay way down as was the case well before our dark winter

I don’t get it either. Quite frankly, we will not put a mask mandate in place for our employees. Period.

Get ready for another round of contention. Especially with some of the powerful unions that are going to push back on this.

This also has become a regional issue that doesn’t need this kind of federal mandate. I just left a fairly large hospital in central Pennsylvania that has very few Covid cases. In fact last week their dashboard indicated they had zero for three consecutive days.

And not that it matters, (but some people like to keep score), most of the counties with high numbers in PA are blue.
https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/m...0210729-s6wkttwmcjh3dami7dwhommmne-story.html

Well, I agree that it is entirely a regional issue now and primarily driven by vaccination rates.

But, since you are bringing up the political divide - there are 98 counties in the entire country that are averaging 30 or more Covid patients hospitalized per 100,000. What percentage did you think are from blue counties?

Here is a hint:
36 are in Missouri
24 in Arkansas
13 in Florida
11 in Mississippi

The rest are in Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia Nevada and there is one in Illinois.

Well, I agree that it is entirely a regional issue now and primarily driven by vaccination rates.

But, since you are bringing up the political divide - there are 98 counties in the entire country that are averaging 30 or more Covid patients hospitalized per 100,000. What percentage did you think are from blue counties?

Here is a hint:
36 are in Missouri
24 in Arkansas
13 in Florida
11 in Mississippi

The rest are in Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia Nevada and there is one in Illinois.
So you pick an arbitrary number at 30. My point is that the red/blue argument is silly and you can cut numbers anyway you like to prove a point either way. It makes for a nice false narrative.

So you pick an arbitrary number at 30. My point is that the red/blue argument is silly and you can cut numbers anyway you like to prove a point either way. It makes for a nice false narrative.

Actually did the top 100. The last two were 29 so I left them out, but they were also Florida....
Not really a false narrative, they are almost all red.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Actually did the top 100. The last two were 29 so I left them out, but they were also Florida....
So if you're into stats, African-American community has by far the lowest vaccination rates. Political party most are affiliated? It's a silly narrative, but some people think it's a thing.

Yea, I hear that the hundreds of thousands of thousands of people who died over the winter were really happy about that metric.
That was then and this is now....more knowledge about the disease, more information on treating pro-actively (monoclonal antibodies). Many of those deaths were resulted from putting people in the wrong place (i.e. Cuomo) or using treatments that ended up being more deadly (ventilators).

COVID now is a very treatable disease.

Reactions: shu09
Pandemic is over for vaccinated folks. 99.99% of people in hospitals for Covid are unvaccinated. CDC changes their mind more than you do your underwear. Get vaccinated and live your life.

So if you're into stats, African-American community has by far the lowest vaccination rates. Political party most are affiliated? It's a silly narrative, but some people think it's a thing.

While true that liberals are more likely to be vaccinated than African Americans... it is also true that African Americans are more likely to be vaccinated than conservatives...

It's not a narrative. It is an actual fact that is driving the current increase in hospitalizations in red parts of the country specifically.

If hospital systems look like they are on a path of being overwhelmed, restrictions in parts of the country might make sense. Right on!

While true that liberals are more likely to be vaccinated than African Americans... it is also true that African Americans are more likely to be vaccinated than conservatives...

It's not a narrative. It is an actual fact that is driving the current increase in hospitalizations in red parts of the country specifically.
By your label, aren't the vast majority of African-American's are liberals. Should you look at death rates by political affiliation? And maybe Republican's get treatment (at a hospital) before Democrat's. Silly narrative.

That was then and this is now....more knowledge about the disease, more information on treating pro-actively (monoclonal antibodies). Many of those deaths were resulted from putting people in the wrong place (i.e. Cuomo) or using treatments that ended up being more deadly (ventilators).

COVID now is a very treatable disease.

I agree. We have made a lot of progress.
Just disagree with how hallsome keeps downplaying the significant amount of death we saw over the winter.

Pandemic is over for vaccinated folks. 99.99% of people in hospitals for Covid are unvaccinated. CDC changes their mind more than you do your underwear. Get vaccinated and live your life.
Once a week whether I need to or not!

Probably not, but for some reason they just aren't responsive to polling questions at that point...
I never suggested that we poll them...you know that data does exist. But as I said, what's the point? We know the vast majority of deaths were the elderly or had comorbities..does one party have more than the other? Probs not.

I never suggested that we poll them...you know that data does exist. But as I said, what's the point? We know the vast majority of deaths were the elderly or had comorbities..does one party have more than the other? Probs not.

The data on political party affiliation exists after someone dies?

In any case, not sure what that has to do with the fact that conservatives are less likely to be vaccinated than any other segment of the adult population currently,

and it is not a coincidence that the areas seeing the largest spikes in hospitalizations per capita right now are both unvaccinated and conservative.

The data on political party affiliation exists after someone dies?

In any case, not sure what that has to do with the fact that conservatives are less likely to be vaccinated than any other segment of the adult population currently,

and it is not a coincidence that the areas seeing the largest spikes in hospitalizations per capita right now are both unvaccinated and conservative.
So what’s the point that you’re trying to make? Conservatives less enlightened? Less intelligent? Less healthy?

More likely to believe the conspiracy theories regarding the vaccines and/or less likely to take Covid seriously.
stubborn-manager-picture-id163896907

Not nearly as significant.
Disparity in Covid vaccination rates by:

Sex - 5%
Race - 7%
Education - 20%
Political ideology - 34%
So African-Americans that aren’t vaccinated believe in conspiracy theories. You agree, right? Range is different but they do according to you.

Socioeconomics. Trump touts the vax so it’s not trumpers as you like to believe

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT