ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

I did read it. It's frightening that the government thinks it can control the private medical decisions of ordinary people just because they work for the government. Your employer should have nothing to do with your health.

Agree! No more employee sponsored health coverage!

Moran from the Ledger- Its time to mandate the vaccine

Of course. It hit us first, people were dying of Covid in NJ before we could even test if people had Covid.

Try after that first initial wave. We're not even in the top 30 in the last 12 months even though we are the most densely populated state.
Moran lol

Like you said, it was a dark winter.

Wrong again haha, been married 4 years, and its great.

What haven't you been able to do this summer? I've done everything I've done before covid like golf, go to the beach, get a drink at an outdoor bar enjoying music, have barbeques with my family.

It's so totalitarian I'm shaking.
I did this during Covid.

4 years. Good luck, by the way. It gets better haha.

Agree! No more employee sponsored health coverage!

That is a benefit of being employed. Your employer doesn't make those health decisions, it simply pays for a portion of the coverage. Health decisions are made between you, your doctor and the insurance provider.

That is a benefit of being employed. Your employer doesn't make those health decisions, it simply pays for a portion of the coverage. Health decisions are made between you, your doctor and the insurance provider.

An employer decides what types of coverage people can get which dictates what services are covered (outside minimums) and which doctors people can go to.

Like you said, it was a dark winter.

It was. Hundreds of thousands of deaths in a few months from a global pandemic. None of us have experienced anything like that in our lifetimes.

Not sure why you take issue with someone saying that’s dark.

It was. Hundreds of thousands of deaths in a few months from a global pandemic. None of us have experienced anything like that in our lifetimes.

If you thought last winter was bad, we are in for a rude awakening this winter. United States is predicted to be reporting 200,000 cases by mid August. Can't even imagine what this winter will bring.

@Merge FYI. IHME is predicting 2000 covid related hospitalizations by October 1. My doctor friend told me NJ hospitals are preparing for an August-October surge.

@HALL85 For a guy that says you work with hospitals. I can't believe you say this is over. NJ hospitals are preparing for a wave.

Death rate?
Vaccine development?
Treatment methods?
Why did we open the summer before?
Florida?

you still can’t answer the first although you spewed as fact the initial government stat of like 2 or 3%

this thing started and will continue to kill who it’s going to kill. Probably won’t ever stop. Very, very sad, but true. I lost people very close to me. Who knows, maybe I’m next? Maybe another person close to me.

Regardless, the government responses are nevertheless appalling and those who strike fear are the worst. IMHO. This isn’t the movie outbreak.

who benefited from this? This is very answerable.

Death rate?
Vaccine development?
Treatment methods?
Why did we open the summer before?
Florida?

You realize those aren’t questions, right?
Just random words with question marks? I’ll do my best.

Death rate? I’d guess somewhere around 0.8%
Vaccine development? I’m a fan
Treatment methods? Also a fan
Why did we open? Because the spread was low
Florida? Is a state down south. Known for theme parks, meth and least teeth per capita.

you still can’t answer the first although you spewed as fact the initial government stat of like 2 or 3%

May want to revisit some old posts. I gave you the rates a while back. Even noted they were inflated because we didn’t know how many cases there were.

I just happen to think even if it’s 0.5% of 120,000,000 is a lot of death especially over the course of a Few mont

. I lost people very close to me.

And you feel the need to argue with someone you don’t know on the internet if their death qualifies as dark or not? Cool.

That’s not the only reason people don’t get vaccinated.

That’s true and in many cases there are people choosing not to because they looked at the facts and believe it is not a risk to them or their families. That is reasonable.

It’s just clear now that for whatever reason, certain parts of the country are seeing large increases in hospitalizations and we know about 97% of hospitalizations are not vaccinated. That suggests the far majority of these people are probably at risk and should have been vaccinated. We can only guess why they didn’t for now, but then we see polling that more than 51% of people who were not vaccinated believe there is a microchip on the vaccine.

Amazing how accurate this goofy looking guy has been.

I don't really follow trends in Canada, but since filming that clip, more than 2 million Americans were hospitalized with Covid and over 400,000 died and Covid became the leading cause of death in the united states for the first time, and stayed there for months. Numbers which in my opinion would be worse without the restrictions we had in place at the time.

Where I will start to agree with you is where we go from here and that we should start to decouple from the CDC guidance. The CDC recommendations are based on stopping the spread. We don't really need to stop the spread where this is spreading and hospitalizations are stable. If going back to normal results in cases increasing but hospitalizations staying flat or increasing at a much lower rate, that is pretty much ideal... but in areas like Florida where hospitalizations have gone up 400% in a month - they may need to respond differently.

It was never going to be 100%. 75% would be pretty damn good.

Look, the reason why we shut down and took other mitigating steps was to buy time for science to catch up with effective treatments and vaccines. Once we have had the opportunity to vaccinate those who want to get vaccinated, the mitigating steps are no longer necessary.

Not correct on your last sentence. We are taking mitigation steps in July of 2021. This post is from from February 2021.

Per Nj.com- Murphy is expected a major announcement in the next couple days about mask wearing. NJ doctors are predicting indoor mask mandate and mandatory mask wearing in schools.

@Merge - I thought you said this wouldn't happen? What's the point of this if NJ hospitalizations are stable?

Murphy will cave to the teachers union again. It honestly seems like we are in the same spot as July 2020. More cases are actually being reported now in NJ when comparing to July 2020.

It's just funny when I was telling posters on this board this not even close to be over. We will got through the same thing next summer too. But posters kept on insisting everything will be better

Per Nj.com- Murphy is expected a major announcement in the next couple days about mask wearing. NJ doctors are predicting indoor mask mandate and mandatory mask wearing in schools.

Already announced today. No mandate. Recommends mask wearing for all where there is an increased risk.

Of course politics play a part. This is from March.

But you thought this would be over in NJ by summer? Correct?

What do you think the winter will be like? I have to see its obviously going to be a lot worse than this.

Already announced today. No mandate. Recommends mask wearing for all where there is an increased risk.

That will change. Hasn't the last 16 months told you that nothing they say can be taken seriously? It always changes after the fact.

Today's announcement is a trial balloon to see what the reaction is. He doesn't want to mandate it because he's on the ballot in 3 months. But he will because he is a spineless liberal Democrat who must cave to special interest. Mask wearing is about politics and virtue signaling. It has no impact on virus case counts, hospitalizations or death.

Reactions: shufan1993
I just heard that my nephew, his wife, and 2-year-old son have Covid.

My nephew and his wife were vaccinated.

They attended a wedding and the rule was that if you were not vaccinated you should be wearing a mask but apparently there was nobody at all wearing a mask.

The wife had it the worst but overall everybody's doing fine.

The other odd thing is that my nephew tested negative but it was apparent that he also had it.

They attended a wedding and the rule was that if you were not vaccinated you should be wearing a mask but apparently there was nobody at all wearing a mask.

The other odd thing is that my nephew tested negative but it was apparent that he also had it.

I am sorry to hear. I will pray for your family.

Reactions: Pirata
I have also come to conclusion that this is all about control as well. Tune in the same channel next summer as well. By then there will be another variant and we will still be wearing masks. Didn't I predict this?

Mask wearing is about politics and virtue signaling. It has no impact on virus case counts, hospitalizations or death.

Well, no. That is not correct.
Studies on that show that high compliance with masking results in lower cases and hospitalizations.

That said, a mask recommendation is worthless and doesn't really accomplish much at all.

Sorry to hear but glad it's not serious. This is an interesting case however. It is increasingly clear that the vaccines do not prevent you from acquiring it or transmitting it. They only lessen the severity, which is fine of course.

At what point do we move on and treat it like any other illness? When people get sick, they stay home from work/activities and recover. It's time we treat this illness the same now that so much vaccine has been distributed. No masks, no testing, no crazy restrictions, no panic when people get it. The most vulnerable are protected or were given the option to protect themselves. Illness is part of life and we don't stop the world for anything else.

Studies on that show that high compliance with masking results in lower cases and hospitalizations.

That said, a mask recommendation is worthless and doesn't really accomplish much at all.

Real world evidence shows no significantly different outcomes in states that had mask mandates versus states that did not.

Do you think by next summer we will be in a better place? Or will we be tuning in to the same channel next year?

Real world evidence shows no significantly different outcomes in states that had mask mandates versus states that did not.

Also need to factor in the timing of the mandates, compliance with the restrictions, population density etc... If you look at it scientifically (and there are many studies out there that do) you would see the common theme that consistent high compliance with mask wearing resulted in lower cases and hospitalizations.

Also need to factor in the timing of the mandates, compliance with the restrictions, population density etc... If you look at it scientifically (and there are many studies out there that do) you would see the common theme that consistent high compliance with mask wearing resulted in lower cases and hospitalizations.

Just not true. California had the one of the highest mask compliance and had record high cases over the winter.

Another example is the country of Thailand. 93% mask compliance and sky high case counts.

Just not true. California had the one of the highest mask compliance and had record high cases over the winter.

I get the inclination to say that, but do you realize how big California is?
California is the largest state by a fair margin, so that would make sense they have the most cases - but in cases per million, they are 31st.

Where were the cases compared to where mask compliance was high vs where it was lower?

Another example is the country of Thailand. 93% mask compliance and sky high case counts.

Currently getting a surge after they opened up tourism. Very densely populated area where low income housing is driving the increase.

Also, cases per million there is lower than any state in the US. Doesn't that combined with the fact that they got through all of 2020 with less than 10k total cases actually support effectiveness of high mask compliance?

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
@Merge Just wondering. Can you now admit you were wrong? You said that this would be mostly be over in NJ this summer. However this isn't the case. RT is at almost as high as early on on the pandemic and there are more cases reported on July 28, 2021 than July 2020.

How do you think think this winter will look?

@Merge Just wondering. Can you now admit you were wrong? You said that this would be mostly be over in NJ this summer. However this isn't the case. RT is at almost as high as early on on the pandemic and there are more cases reported on July 28, 2021 than July 2020.

How do you think think this winter will look?

Again, never said it was going away. I said the need for restrictions would go away and we would be back to normal. I still agree with that and my life is back to normal. I'm not restricted from doing anything.

I don't care about the rt rate and I don't care about cases. The metrics I have focused on all along have been the positivity rate, hospitalizations and deaths. As long as an increase in cases doesn't driven by large increases in the positivity rate which results in higher hospitalizations and deaths, we are fine.

Because of how contagious this variant appears to be, I do believe that people will either get the vaccine or they will get Covid eventually and a small percentage will get both. I expect we will peak soon if we haven't already and should be over fairly quickly.

Again, never said it was going away. I said the need for restrictions would go away and we would be back to normal. I still agree with that and my life is back to normal. I'm not restricted from doing anything.

I don't care about the rt rate and I don't care about cases. The metrics I have focused on all along have been the positivity rate, hospitalizations and deaths. As long as an increase in cases doesn't driven by large increases in the positivity rate which results in higher hospitalizations and deaths, we are fine.

Because of how contagious this variant appears to be, I do believe that people will either get the vaccine or they will get Covid eventually and a small percentage will get both. I expect we will peak soon if we haven't already and should be over fairly quickly.

There are currently 8 counties in NJ where the CDC recommends mask wearing. Is your county listed? My county (Atlantic) people need to wear masks indoors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT