ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

I can't say for all hospitals, but there are no MRSA units in the hospital that she is in and she is in one of the best and biggest hospitals in the State. Also, MRSA is a contact infectious disease not airborne like CoVid. I am pretty sure it is not the same thing which results in different protocols. Also, those patients get isolated. After the nurse treat the patient, the heath care workers can take off their protective gear until the time they have to go back into the room with the patient. With CoVid, PPE's are on all the time the entire shift You may have lunch with CEOs of a hospital but you are not on the floors to see what is going on.
You’re wrong on that one….bigly. Due to the nature of our business, there are not many places I don’t have access. (Pretty sure we are helping to protect your wife)…I used MRSA as an example. The point is that a healthcare worker is exposed to a number of contagious and infectious diseases. The protection for COVID they need to use now is vastly different than twelve months ago.

Seems clear that areas with high vaccination rates have been removing restrictions.

If the rates are high (and they are), then why are pols like Newsom, Murphy, Cuomo, DeBlasio, etc. relentlessly pushing for more vaccination and even mandating it for certain entities (as Newsom and DeBlasio have done)? It just doesn't add up.

Make it available to all who want it. We have. Give them time and opportunity to take it. We have. End of story (at least it should be). The vulnerable have been protected for months now. Vaccine uptake is correlated with age, which also matches up with covid risk.

You’re wrong on that one….bigly. Due to the nature of our business, there are not many places I don’t have access. (Pretty sure we are helping to protect your wife)…I used MRSA as an example. The point is that a healthcare worker is exposed to a number of contagious and infectious diseases. The protection for COVID they need to use now is vastly different than twelve months ago.
Have you been with a MRSA unit? Or are those patients isolated within a unit. It is a different work environment if you can take off the PPE instead of wearing it for an entire shift.

Now with regard to the PPE, the protection is better. The masks are fitted to someone's face and more comfortable. But, they are still uncomfortable. Wearing it for a full shift is terrible.

Have you been with a MRSA unit? Or are those patients isolated within a unit. It is a different work environment if you can take off the PPE instead of wearing it for an entire shift.

Now with regard to the PPE, the protection is better. The masks are fitted to someone's face and more comfortable. But, they are still uncomfortable. Wearing it for a full shift is terrible.
Yes, I've been in MRSA units. I know it's different and as I said before, I was just using it as an example of a contagious and infectious disease that healthcare workers have to deal with.

Yes, I've been in MRSA units. I know it's different and as I said before, I was just using it as an example of a contagious and infectious disease that healthcare workers have to deal with.

Sounds like apples to oranges.

It's not but thanks for the insightful comment.

A worldwide pandemic that effects every health system versus MRSA? Why not just compare it to Ebola while you're making terrible comparisons of the strain on healthcare practitioners.

A worldwide pandemic that effects every health system versus MRSA? Why not just compare it to Ebola while you're making terrible comparisons of the strain on healthcare practitioners.
You obviously were not following the conversation...maybe go back and read it?

You obviously were not following the conversation...maybe go back and read it?

Read it, you're minimizing the strain and stress on HCPs of a global pandemic that's gone on for 17 months with a lame comparison to MRSA.

No I’m not. I was pretty clear about it.
Hall85, It did sound like you tried to minimize it in your original post:

"But they’re dealing with an influx of people with other diseases every day. Some of which are also contagious. That’s what healthcare workers sign up for."

That is why I responded to you originally.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Hall85, It did sound like you tried to minimize it in your original post:

"But they’re dealing with an influx of people with other diseases every day. Some of which are also contagious. That’s what healthcare workers sign up for."

That is why I responded to you originally.
Not minimizing; rather putting a perspective on what Merge has posted. In all those posts I spoke about my admiration of front line healthcare workers.

Make it available to all who want it. We have. Give them time and opportunity to take it. We have. End of story (at least it should be). The vulnerable have been protected for months now. Vaccine uptake is correlated with age, which also matches up with covid risk.

Right, I agree and if I were in charge I'd probably do less than the politicians you mentioned. I would probably also do more than others. I do get the perspective where someone may want to make sure that they don't go backwards and result in a surge in hospitalizations and deaths. I think some of them see case numbers and are overreacting. That doesn't mean it is them not wanting to relinquish control, just as Desantis was not trying to kill his citizens by not placing more restrictions. None of them have a crystal ball, they are just trying to not F up one way or the other.

The good thing about a more transmissible variant as people are pretty much back to normal is that it should work its way through the population fairly quickly. Again, I just hope those at risk take it seriously and don't kill themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09
Not minimizing; rather putting a perspective on what Merge has posted. In all those posts I spoke about my admiration of front line healthcare workers.

Honestly, I think you just tend to want to disagree with anything I post.
You have a post here where you were blaming politicians for putting healthcare workers at risk early on. I didn't reply "well that's their job, they accept the risk"

then you even posted - "Priority should be protecting those who are at the highest risk as well as healthcare worker exposure."

So your priority was healthcare worker exposure, but when I say I feel bad about the same thing, you try to disagree with me?

I feel bad for the healthcare workers have are seeing large increases in parts of the country where those at risk did not get vaccinated at the same rates as other states. Again, it's just a shame since we have the tool to stop it from happening.

@Merge Shapiro has been on the money recently. He has been right about the governments response and he has been pushing for the vaccine.

Honestly, I think you just tend to want to disagree with anything I post.
You have a post here where you were blaming politicians for putting healthcare workers at risk early on. I didn't reply "well that's their job, they accept the risk"

then you even posted - "Priority should be protecting those who are at the highest risk as well as healthcare worker exposure."

So your priority was healthcare worker exposure, but when I say I feel bad about the same thing, you try to disagree with me?

I feel bad for the healthcare workers have are seeing large increases in parts of the country where those at risk did not get vaccinated at the same rates as other states. Again, it's just a shame since we have the tool to stop it from happening.
Have no idea what you’re talking about. Trying to piece another conspiracy theory together?
Yes, politicians have made some terrible decisions...see early decisions on vaccinations where they expanded access to some groups ahead of available doses.
Yes, I have the utmost respect for healthcare workers
Yes, they are also free minded adults so they choose a career that comes with inherent risks, and also have the right to get the vaccine or not.
Is that being argumentative?

so you are standing by your point that Shapiro thinks the vax was available last year?

No... the point is that an environment where we have a vaccine available is entirely different than the environment when it wasn’t available.

Ahh, the old playbook. Call anyone you disagree with a conspiracy theorist. Too funny.

Tell me, what assurances has the government given us that they will drop any and all restrictions and stop the hysteria if everyone got the vaccine? Answer - None. Provide some concrete path to never speaking of covid again and maybe, just maybe, some people will say that's good enough for me to take the shot.
You are a conspiracist. You have stated your conspiracies on your posts. Here was the last one.

"Coronavirus doesn't reach that level. It's simply not that deadly. Less than 1% IFR, yet all you hear on the news is how the vaccine definitely will save your life (never mind the 10,000 or so who have died right after taking it) because covid is such a threat. Complete and utter propaganda to usher total submission and compliance. Brought to by the elites at the WEF and the UN's Agenda 2030. The world is run by these people and politicians and "experts" (the same ones you see on TV every day) are completely in their pocket." shu09

I am not calling anyone but you a conspiracist.

@Merge It appears the vaccines are doing a fantastic job stopping the spread of the virus. Per NJ.com, the RT rate is now at its highest since early on the pandemic. I thought you said Covid would be a non story in NJ this summer?

@Merge It appears the vaccines are doing a fantastic job stopping the spread of the virus. Per NJ.com, the RT rate is now at its highest since early on the pandemic. I thought you said Covid would be a non story in NJ this summer?

I didn't say it would go away, I didn't say it would be a non-story.

Of course there would be more cases when things opened up. The point was to give time for the vulnerable population to get vaccinated. We did a good job of that in NJ which is why our rate of hospitalizations is one of the lowest in the country, and the people being hospitalized are almost all not vaccinated.

The vaccine is doing exactly what we hoped it would.

Reactions: doctorcb12
I didn't say it would go away, I didn't say it would be a non-story.

Of course there would be more cases when things opened up. The point was to give time for the vulnerable population to get vaccinated. We did a good job of that in NJ which is why our rate of hospitalizations is one of the lowest in the country, and the people being hospitalized are almost all not vaccinated.

The vaccine is doing exactly what we hoped it would.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Yup, NJ has done an awesome job...most deaths/100,000. Even passed NY.

You are a conspiracist. You have stated your conspiracies on your posts. Here was the last one.

"Coronavirus doesn't reach that level. It's simply not that deadly. Less than 1% IFR, yet all you hear on the news is how the vaccine definitely will save your life (never mind the 10,000 or so who have died right after taking it) because covid is such a threat. Complete and utter propaganda to usher total submission and compliance. Brought to by the elites at the WEF and the UN's Agenda 2030. The world is run by these people and politicians and "experts" (the same ones you see on TV every day) are completely in their pocket." shu09

I am not calling anyone but you a conspiracist.

No, you just disagree with me. Just because you disagree doesn't make it a conspiracy.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Haha that's such a disingenuous post. We got crushed at the beggining. How do the deaths compare since vaccines were available?

Interesting. Your tune has changed quite a bit since last year. The thread that was recently bumped from 2020 is quite revealing, especially where you "liked" a post from the guy you just called "disingenuous" saying that NJ deaths were high because Murphy s___ the bed with nursing homes.

At least some of us have been consistent and not swayed by politics...

Interesting. Your tune has changed quite a bit since last year. The thread that was recently bumped from 2020 is quite revealing, especially where you "liked" a post from the guy you just called "disingenuous" saying that NJ deaths were high because Murphy s___ the bed with nursing homes.

At least some of us have been consistent and not swayed by politics...

Your typical response about a tune changing. You have nothing to refute my comment. I was 100% against lockdowns and cancellations when they occured....then 600,000+ died in our country and I realized how wrong I was about it. You should try and admit when you're wrong sometime instead of tripling down with insane theories.

Reactions: Merge
@Merge CDC to announce guidance today that vaccinated people should mask up indoors. Murphy jives with the CDC so I expect indoor masking mandates again. You said this wouldn't happen. President Biden is expected to support mask wearing again. Labor Day bet!

Wow, so the bet is decided on Labor Day? Will one of you not be posting afterwards?

Wish you'd take your own advice...

@Merge CDC to also recommend uniform masks wearing for all schools regardless of age and vaccination status. It does appear mask mandates everywhere are making a comeback...

Wow, so the bet is decided on Labor Day? Will one of you not be posting afterwards?

Yes. The bet if people were still wearing masks everywhere by Labor day merge wouldn't post here anymore. It looks very much we will have mask mandates in place by Labor day

Wish you'd take your own advice...

Haha I already admitted I was wrong about Covid. Sorry if I dont subscribe to the tin foil theories you do. Next.

Your typical response about a tune changing. You have nothing to refute my comment. I was 100% against lockdowns and cancellations when they occured....then 600,000+ died in our country and I realized how wrong I was about it. You should try and admit when you're wrong sometime instead of tripling down with insane theories.

600,000 in a country of 330 million isn't much. Most of them would have been done in by the flu or any other serious illness anyway and most deaths were people over the average life expectancy of a US citizen.

I admit when I'm wrong but I will never apologize for being right and following my convictions. You're just a flip flopper because you got conned by Trump and can't handle it. It's okay to admit, it's clear as day.

600,000 in a country of 330 million isn't much. Most of them would have been done in by the flu or any other serious illness anyway and most deaths were people over the average life expectancy of a US citizen.

I admit when I'm wrong but I will never apologize for being right and following my convictions. You're just a flip flopper because you got conned by Trump and can't handle it. It's okay to admit, it's clear as day.

I suggest you meet a woman, it will do you good. Your strange attitude of people died, who cares, is very sociopath. Please get checked by a licensed HCP.

Reactions: shu09
I suggest you meet a woman, it will do good for you. Your strange attitude of people died, who cares, is very sociopath. Please get checked by a licensed HCP.

Lol, too funny. Thanks for the laugh. Guess it was your wife that changed your views.

Go ahead, keep your covid hysteria going. The rest of us will live our lives as normally as we can, as we have throughout this totalitarian madness. Let's lock down because of the flu next. And cancer. And heart disease. You know, all the things that kill people because we can't have any human beings dying! That's not possible!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT