ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

So you disagree with my point that less educated and less wealthy people make up the majority of the unvaccinated???

It’s also true, but even after adjusting for income and education etc... there was still a partisan divide.

Very interesting clip here. If this is true (and make no mistake, it is), then why are we talking about mask mandates, vaccine mandates and all this panic in the media? If hospitals are not overwhelmed and deaths are negligible, what are we doing here? Case counts don't mean a hill of beans.

Very interesting clip here. If this is true (and make no mistake, it is), then why are we talking about mask mandates, vaccine mandates and all this panic in the media? If hospitals are not overwhelmed and deaths are negligible, what are we doing here? Case counts don't mean a hill of beans.

I agree. This might end up hurting the democrats in 2022.

I agree with you. We don't need masks or mandates for cases. Though I am honestly not sure what to do in areas where hospitalizations are increasing rapidly.

Not to keep picking on Florida but that does seem to be the state being hit the hardest right now. They are now up to 75% of their peak Covid hospitalizations (NJ is around 10% of our peak for reference) since the pandemic started and have been increasing rapidly. Hospitalizations increased 400% in the last month there. Obviously that trend line is unsustainable so you either hope Florida is at or approaching their peak or they need to do take some additional steps. Younger people under 45 are also being admitted more than they have been at any point during the pandemic. I really do hope those at risk there are now more encouraged to get vaccinated and that they hit their peak soon.

I agree with you. We don't need masks or mandates for cases. Though I am honestly not sure what to do in areas where hospitalizations are increasing rapidly.

Not to keep picking on Florida but that does seem to be the state being hit the hardest right now. They are now up to 75% of their peak Covid hospitalizations (NJ is around 10% of our peak for reference) since the pandemic started and have been increasing rapidly. Hospitalizations increased 400% in the last month there. Obviously that trend line is unsustainable so you either hope Florida is at or approaching their peak or they need to do take some additional steps. Younger people under 45 are also being admitted more than they have been at any point during the pandemic. I really do hope those at risk there are now more encouraged to get vaccinated and that they hit their peak soon.

Per this article, we need mask wearing until almost all population is vaccinated. Don't you see what direction this is going?

No. I prefer to get information directly from the medical community.

Here ya go.

CNN is sensationalizing it a bit

Their data modeling shows that our best chance of coming out of this without a vaccine resistant strain is to remove restrictions after the vaccination campaign is over, and removing restrictions too early would increase the chances of a vaccine resistant strain.

A bit too late to do anything about that now though. Pretty much just cross our fingers and hope for the best from here.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Here ya go.

CNN is sensationalizing it a bit

Their data modeling shows that our best chance of coming out of this without a vaccine resistant strain is to remove restrictions after the vaccination campaign is over, and removing restrictions too early would increase the chances of a vaccine resistant strain.

A bit too late to do anything about that now though. Pretty much just cross our fingers and hope for the best from here.

Right I have been warning about this for the last couple months. But you said we didn't have to worry about the Delta variant or any other variants. You were wrong.

@Merge @HALL85 This would be heartbreaking if true. Vaccinated might spread the virus just as easily as the unvaccinated.

@King of S has always said the pandemic is over for the vaccinated. This is not true.

About 1,700 people die each day from heart disease
About 260 die each day from drug overdoses

There's a lot of heartbreaking and preventable deaths. I concern myself with all of them.

Honestly 93, is your crazy contained here or do you post elsewhere?

The government has confirmed end game is different now. Hospitalizations are still relatively low in this country. They are just trying to get vaccines in people's arms. More restrictions will be put into place until the government thinks enough people got the jab.

@Merge @HALL85 @shu09 Devastating, devastating story. Could have prevented if they just got the jab.

A lot of death is preventable.

@Merge You said covid would be a non story in the US this summer, rather a global story. However Dr Fauci disagrees. Fauci says things are going to get a lot worse before they better with our covid situation and the country is now at a lot greater risk of having a Variant that totally evades the vaccine. I am continuing to shelter in place as advised by my doctor!

A lot of death is preventable.
Right the unvaccinated will leave us in this mess for years to come. I think it might be time to shelter in place the unvaccinated. Do you seriously think we are done with the pandemic after Delta?

They've now exceeded their previous peak of hospitalizations.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've now exceeded their previous peak of hospitalizations.

Yeah, things not looking great down there right now and schools start back up in a week.

Florida gets to be the test for the country to see if Delta impacts kids or not. Seems like It’s not that significant so far. Hope it stays that way.

Yeah, things not looking great down there right now and schools start back up in a week.

Florida gets to be the test for the country to see if Delta impacts kids or not. Seems like It’s not that significant so far. Hope it stays that way.

You noted in a previous post covid would be a non story in the US but more of a global story. Do you regret making that prediction? Do you regret saying Delta would not be that serious?

You noted in a previous post covid would be a non story in the US but more of a global story. Do you regret making that prediction? Do you regret saying Delta would not be that serious?
I think he regrets responding to you amidst your repeated lies to retire and go away post the mask bet. Any other market insight from you regarding the fear of the delta variant? Any fresh links to post?

Reactions: shu09 and Hallsome

Not sure "regret" is the right word. Not like I had an impact on what is happening.
Though I was certainly wrong that we would have less hospitalizations than we have today as I assumed people who are at risk of dying from Covid would want to be vaccinated.

Not sure "regret" is the right word. Not like I had an impact on what is happening.
Though I was certainly wrong that we would have less hospitalizations than we have today as I assumed people who are at risk of dying from Covid would want to be vaccinated.
Uneducated people who need shot not getting it. Socioeconomics.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0

The CDC is now recommending 20 out 21 to mask up indoors.

@Merge Will you now follow the science and mask up assuming you don't live on Warren county? Possible we will be wearing masks again by Labor day!

No - as I have been saying all along, once the population has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, I would no longer agree with restrictions. I am not concerned with the virus spreading where it doesn't result in large increases in hospitalizations and deaths. That means the vulnerable population has been protected.

If hospitalizations start to increase drastically in NJ like they are in Florida (500% increase in a little over a month for example is not sustainable) I would change my opinion.

Since children under 12 can not be vaccinated. If we start to see Covid impact them more than it has, I would change my view.

Other than those events, the spread isn't really something we need to intervene for.

Reactions: Hallsome
ADVERTISEMENT