ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone who posts

ArtieLange9

All World
Nov 29, 2006
that hacket piece that Braziller just up on Walker in the NY Post will catch so much heat from me, it won't be funny.

Braziller calls him a 3 star recruit, doesn't mention that Rivals listed him as a 4 star.

Quotes an unnamed Coach who says he is a reach.

Doesn't mention how he played vs Duval, Quinerly, or any of the other big time PG's he went up against this year.

If anyone who covers college bball in the area, it's that St John's loving @#$%^& Braziller.

Gonna be even sweeter when Jordan eventually lights it up against St. John's! Gonna make Braziller look even dumber.

Saw on Twitter that nj.com has a story about Jordan signing with us filled under high school sports instead of under Seton Hall. The more disrespect these local rags show us the sweeter it will be when we make them eat their words and pound the crap out of the teams they care about but no one else does!

Last edited:
Reactions: lokiSHU
that hacket piece that Braziller just up on Walker in the NY Post will catch so much heat from me, it won't be funny.

Braziller calls him a 3 star recruit, doesn't mention that Rivals listed him as a 4 star.

Doesn't mention how he played vs Duval, Quinerly, or any of the other big time PG's he went up against this year.

If anyone who covers college bball in the area, it's that St John's loving @#$%^& Braziller.
But how do you really feel??

Agree...this kid is gonna be good.

Zach's stories have been very favorable for the Pirates the last two years. I'm not sure why he would add that comment, unless it was Mullin from his recovery room. Has he started recruiting this spring?????

You stole FLNJ's bit.

You stole FLNJ's bit.

I mean most people on here don't know me to go off on a writer. But come on, the kid just commits and you write that about him? Nothing about being the MVP of the TOC. Nothing about dropping 31 on Linden. Nothing about his game vs Quinerly in the State Finals?

"One @#$%^&* coach who didn't want to be named on the SJU's staff said he was an A-10 player and a reach."

Reactions: lokiSHU
Did you read whole article ? One coach said
“Vastly underrated,” the second coach said. “Elite speed and quickness, plays with a ton of heart, is a menace on the ball. He’s used to playing in big games, he’s used to being coached. He’s what Seton Hall needs right now. He’s a blue-collar, Kevin Willard kind of guy.

“He’s like a change-of-pace running back. He’s a guy you bring in and always seems to make plays.”

Brazillier has been a Seton Hall suck-up writer the last few years, others are entitled to their opinions on Walker, his play will do the talking.

The kid just committed and is celebrating a big moment, to imply it's a reach in such an article is not pleasant. People are allowed to have an opinion but man thats not cool to do in a huge newspaper to a HS kid. He isn't a pro making money.

The kid just committed and is celebrating a big moment, to imply it's a reach in such an article is not pleasant. People are allowed to have an opinion but man thats not cool to do in a huge newspaper to a ha kid. He isn't a pro making money.

He's also not on the Seton Hall payroll either, his job should be to write both sides of the issue.

Did you read whole article ? One coach said
“Vastly underrated,” the second coach said. “Elite speed and quickness, plays with a ton of heart, is a menace on the ball. He’s used to playing in big games, he’s used to being coached. He’s what Seton Hall needs right now. He’s a blue-collar, Kevin Willard kind of guy.

“He’s like a change-of-pace running back. He’s a guy you bring in and always seems to make plays.”

I read the whole thing, there was no reason for the first part. He is a HS kid, not a pro. Would you want that written about your kid in the NY post?

I mean most people on here don't know me to go off on a writer. But come on, the kid just commits and you write that about him? Nothing about being the MVP of the TOC. Nothing about dropping 31 on Linden. Nothing about his game vs Quinerly in the State Finals?

"One @#$%^&* coach who didn't want to be named on the SJU's staff said he was an A-10 player and a reach."
St John's doesn't have a recruit for 2017 from what I can find.

Zach's favorite team is the redstorm and we are creating a bigger separation between the two programs, so someone is jealous and contributed to the article. I watched Jordan Walker in person at the City of Palms, on TV at the HoopHall Classic looked at his stats vs Hudson Catholic 15 pts , 13 assists, in the TOC Final etc. He has stepped up every time vs tough teams and tough players and produced for the #1 team in NJ (Patrick School)- Jordan Walker is a winner.

Any Seton Hall recruit who had this article written about them would of gotten this response from me.

BAH! LOL! At which point in that sentence did you come to the realization that you're writing fiction, but decided to plow on anyway? If that was written about Wheeler, you would have applauded it. Too funny...

BAH! LOL! At which point in that sentence did you come to the realization that you're writing fiction, but decided to plow on anyway? If that was written about Wheeler, you would have applauded it. Too funny...

The article was crap.

What I give as an evaluation on players on pay website, is an opinion based evaluation meant specifically for fans of our team.

This is an article written by writer for the New York Post who covers HS and College basketball. These kind of articles should be a celebration for a kid.

Speculating if a kid is a reach, one who is rated 91st in the country by Rivals with numerous power conf schools and an unnamed coach bashing the kid just screams unprofessional. Add in the fact this kid plays for one of the most elite HS in the country and MVP of the TOC, just seems like an agenda piece.

Reactions: Bluebeard
Just a few short weeks ago, the Seton Hall coaches were saying the same thing the unnamed assistant said in the article.

Steve, name me a hs recruit in the last 5 years who had an article written about if they were a reach in the article about his commitment. It was unprofessional and agenda driven.

It didn't need to be said, period.

Reactions: Bluebeard and ATM82
The article was crap.

What I give as an evaluation on players on pay website, is an opinion based evaluation meant specifically for fans of our team.

This is an article written by writer for the New York Post who covers HS and College basketball. These kind of articles should be a celebration for a kid.

Speculating if a kid is a reach, one who is rated 91st in the country by Rivals with numerous power conf schools and an unnamed coach bashing the kid just screams unprofessional. Add in the fact this kid plays for one of the most elite HS in the country and MVP of the TOC, just seems like an agenda piece.

Agenda is an interesting word choice by you here.

Agenda is an interesting word choice by you here.

What's my agenda Steve? I like a player and I want us to land him. Anyone is certainly able to watch video or goto a game, form an opinion, and debate it on PC with me. If the staff had chose Wheeler, that's their call. They are paid very well to make that decision and us as fans have to live with it. This message board was created to talk about basketball and recruiting.

Then I want a kid to enjoy his big day without a writer who roots for a rival school to not make an agenda piece out of a kids commitment?

It's a commitment article, no need for an unnamed assistant to be quoted ripping the kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irishwakeup
I'm not as worked up as Artie but I do agree with his point. No reason to put that quote from an unnamed person in that type of article.

I apologize for being worked up about it, I can get passionate about my Pirates lol

Seeing what kind of kid Jordan is, I am sure it will only fuel his fire and make him work harder.

Reactions: Flnj86
I think that given this is a HS kid who has yet to step on a college court and have an unnamed slimeball make a comment like that from another team, who we think but don't know is in our conference, because the slimeball won't reveal himself, is about as low class as I have seen in CBB.

I'm not as worked up as Artie but I do agree with his point. No reason to put that quote from an unnamed person in that type of article.

I am not worked up. It is a little strange, these type of article usually do not have unnamed quotes. But just as an aside, can a college coach be quoted on Walker since he is an unsigned high school recruit, wouldn't that be a recruiting violation.

What's my agenda Steve? I like a player and I want us to land him. Anyone is certainly able to watch video or goto a game, form an opinion, and debate it on PC with me. If the staff had chose Wheeler, that's their call. They are paid very well to make that decision and us as fans have to live with it. This message board was created to talk about basketball and recruiting.

Then I want a kid to enjoy his big day without a writer who roots for a rival school to not make an agenda piece out of a kids commitment?

It's a commitment article, no need for an unnamed assistant to be quoted ripping the kid.

For clarity purposes, I am very happy with the Walker commitment. I'm excited to see him play.

You have a severe case of diagnosis bias, sprinkled with hypocrisy. You have been painfully unable to be objective about Walker. It's right there on the Trove (I highly recommend a trove membership for those that don't have one) in writing. I'll be general as to not give away Trove content.

For 2017, Walker was a consensus 3 star and not in any Top 100s. You've gladly ignored that in favor of his 2018, 4 star Top 100 ranking, while challenging anyone daring to call him 3 star. He is a 2017 recruit, not 2018. You're also dressing his offer list up with your description.

In Trove conversations, you consistently ignore the player's flaws and/or legitimate concerns about the player. There's an objective conversation to be had. Our staff was having it. Others, who are fans of the player and happy with the commit were having it. You've been incapable of doing so.

There was certain information regarding a hold-up in the commitment (get a Trove subscription if you care to know). You consistently championed a differing story. You were ultimately proven wrong by someone who couldn't even scoop ice cream in a Baskin-Robbins and a highly reliable poster, but you declared you'll be sticking with your sources instead.

If the commit was a different player and the same article was written, you would absolutely not have the same reaction. You were losing your mind when people inaccurately thought the commitment was not Walker, criticizing the staff's decision. Later, when it became apparent the commit was Walker, you post that no one should criticize the staff's recruiting. That was pretty funny.

Writing this is the equivalent of a reporter at his announcement asking if he's a stretch to play in the BE since he may be better suited for the A-10. You don't do that during his celebration of making his commitment. That was Zach did, hack job.

Reactions: ArtieLange9
For clarity purposes, I am very happy with the Walker commitment. I'm excited to see him play.

You have a severe case of diagnosis bias, sprinkled with hypocrisy. You have been painfully unable to be objective about Walker. It's right there on the Trove (I highly recommend a trove membership for those that don't have one) in writing. I'll be general as to not give away Trove content.

For 2017, Walker was a consensus 3 star and not in any Top 100s. You've gladly ignored that in favor of his 2018, 4 star Top 100 ranking, while challenging anyone daring to call him 3 star. He is a 2017 recruit, not 2018. You're also dressing his offer list up with your description.

In Trove conversations, you consistently ignore the player's flaws and/or legitimate concerns about the player. There's an objective conversation to be had. Our staff was having it. Others, who are fans of the player and happy with the commit were having it. You've been incapable of doing so.

There was certain information regarding a hold-up in the commitment (get a Trove subscription if you care to know). You consistently championed a differing story. You were ultimately proven wrong by someone who couldn't even scoop ice cream in a Baskin-Robbins and a highly reliable poster, but you declared you'll be sticking with your sources instead.

If the commit was a different player and the same article was written, you would absolutely not have the same reaction. You were losing your mind when people inaccurately thought the commitment was not Walker, criticizing the staff's decision. Later, when it became apparent the commit was Walker, you post that no one should criticize the staff's recruiting. That was pretty funny.

Alright Steve, I will play with you on this one.

1st, nobody ranked him in 2017 because nobody knew he was eligable for 2017. He had said he was going to prep, thus he was ranked in 2018 by Rivals. Rivals bumped him up due to his improved play during the school year. Scout, 247, and Rivals are not going to redo their 2017 rankings based on one kid switching from 2018 to 2017 in May.

2nd, I am allowed to like whatever recruit I feel like liking. I put the time in to watch players live and as highlights and game videos. I am objective to my opinion. I never said Walker was better then Duval. My opinion is that Walker is a player equivalent to a low 4 star in the 90-110 range. If you think that's bias or whatever you want to think, fine.

3rd, I have listed what Walker's flaws are since I have seen him live. He is slight of build and has trouble finishing in traffic. Defense will be a problem vs bigger PGs.

4th Maybe I was championing a position from my sources. I have a very good idea of what happened, it differs from what others say.

5th The article was a low blow cheap shot using an unnamed rival coach quote in an article about a kid committing to his school of choice. It was bullshit, plain in simple.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT