ADVERTISEMENT

BYE BYE EHE

Are you kidding me! All about the money now. Tough to follow a team with all the comings and goings. Need the one transfer rule with a sit out year to stop this craziness although we will never see it again!

• Haha
Reactions: shupat08
200w.gif

Any insight on this?

HAS to mean someone else is coming in… no? Otherwise makes literally, zero sense.
Not necessarily. He has some value and maybe he figures he can earn more somewhere else?

Or maybe there is someone else. But I don't see it as a prerequisite for Hutchins-Everett making this choice.

Any insight on this?

HAS to mean someone else is coming in… no? Otherwise makes literally, zero sense.

Why does it HAVE to mean something? This is professional sports with mercenaries and it's almost malpractice for a player's agents not to enter their names in the portal every season (until something changes with the rules). Why wouldn't you at least see what the going rate for your services are?
It's possible he was nudged out, but I doubt that.

I think his ceiling is higher, for sure, but what can you do? This is the way it is now.
Was Seton Hall a good fit for him. Sha wants tough on the glass, tough defensive centers like Bediako. He tried to make Tyrese one the year before. EHE seems to want to be on the perimeter. There's nothing wrong with Sha knowing what he wants and there's nothing wrong with EHE wanting to play to his strengths. Not sure this was the greatest fit.

Was Seton Hall a good fit for him. Sha wants tough on the glass, tough defensive centers like Bediako. He tried to make Tyrese one the year before. EHE seems to want to be on the perimeter. There's nothing wrong with Sha knowing what he wants and there's nothing wrong with EHE wanting to play to his strengths. Not sure this was the greatest fit.
This is perfectly fair. He was not a Bediako type at all.

Have to imagine he thought or possibly knew he would remain in a reserve role and was looking for more playing options. Although that isn’t a guarantee where he ends up no matter what they say

Good luck to Elijah. He worked hard and had some good games. Battled the concussion and another late injury. He's just not a good fit for Sha's system defensively and he's better suited finding a system and league that is more suited to his skills.

Have to imagine he thought or possibly knew he would remain in a reserve role and was looking for more playing options. Although that isn’t a guarantee where he ends up no matter what they say

I feel confident in guessing it's just simply about money. I agree with this take:

Reactions: HALL85
Only thing that makes sense here is he’s being pushed out. Was expected to get way more playing time, and he’s definitely not good enough to make the jump up. A head scratcher for sure but could be good in the long run.

How did the starting center for Santa Clara do this year? Maybe Bediako can put in a good word lol
So I just looked it up, german kid (No NIL) and he was highly productive. Jaden follows him on IG too. I wonder if he can help Rasheen reel him in. Christoph Tilly

Newark has nonstop flights to Germany daily, bring this kid east

So I just looked it up, german kid (No NIL) and he was highly productive. Jaden follows him on IG too. I wonder if he can help Rasheen reel him in. Christoph Tilly

Newark has nonstop flights to Germany daily, bring this kid east
Reminder internationals can get paid you just need to plan a preseason trip .

I feel confident in guessing it's just simply about money. I agree with this take:

This is a poor take, dip you toes and you might not have a landing spot.

If I were coach, once you officially enter the transfer portal there is no coming back. I wouldn't allow myself or my program to be used like that.

I know nothing, but I think that returning players come to Sha and ask for money. Since he has their best interests in mind, he might say, go in the portal and see what you are worth. Let me know what someone offered you, and we will see what we can do.

Sha allowed Ndefo to come back to St Peter's after he entered portal.

Last edited:
why are people surprised by this? just adjust your expectations -- every player is going to be in the portal every year. you'll find out what your team is in early september. flipping out about it is just a waste of time and energy
Sadly I agree. It is what it is.

Reactions: shupat08
I know nothing, but I think that returning players come to Sha and ask for money. Since he has their best interests in mind, he might say, go in the portal and see what you are worth. Let me know what someone offered you, and we will see what we can do.

Sha allowed Ndefo to come back to St Peter's after he entered portal.
Interesting take

The only surprising thing is that anyone is surprised at the news of a player entering the portal. Check back in late September to see who is on the team.

The only way all of these transfers could slow down is for an academic institution to actually act like an academic institution and not allow transfers after a certain amount of credits. But not only would that have to go against decades of hypocrisy of the importance of academics in college basketball both by the institutions and by the athletes, it would also require institutions to admit that their transfer credit policies are nothing more than money grabs holding students over a barrel. Good luck with all of that.

What happened do you can only transfer once without penalty ?

That was thrown out during the year. It's the only reason Kadary and Dre were here this year to begin with, but once that dam broke with players like Femi, Kadary and Dre were obviously moving on after this year.

Reactions: Piratz
What happened do you can only transfer once without penalty ?
Someone challenged it in court and won. So the NCAA relented and allowed everyone sitting out to play. Now it seems there are no real rules being enforced as the NCAA knows they will lose any challenge in the courts.

The other item that will help will be the FAFO phenomenon where someone enters the portal, doesn't get what they want, and tries to come back only to find out that their original spot has already been filled. It's a business decision both ways. Treat it as such.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueswayedshus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT