ADVERTISEMENT

Confirmed that next President will be ordained

I find this thread so personally ironic.

I am so fed up the Catholic Church's leftist philosophy and the incessant political sermons by priests (usually supporting illegal immigration) in my area that I did not go to church this past Christmas and Easter. St. Rocco in Union City, for example, actually has an ACLU/anti-Trump poster placed in a window.

Yet my experience at SHU and elsewhere has taught me that priests in academia are some of the smartest, sharpest and funniest people I've ever met.

I was disappointed the Hall broke tradition and hired Esteban. And I am confident there are many highly qualified priests who can do the job.

I just think that the Board (or whoever in Newark makes the decision) needs to make their expectations and goals clear. There should be no meaningless interview BS language like "value-added" and "personal philosophy."

Notre Dame, Villanova, Fordham, Boston College, Creighton and Xavier- just to name a few- are schools that seem to have no problems with a priest at the helm. Perhaps somebody at SHU can make some calls and ask for recommendations.

Who needs a search firm.

I'm sure there are many great priests at those schools who are ready for the job. But he's not going to drop in your lap. Ask around. Get names.

I am so fed up the Catholic Church's leftist philosophy and the incessant political sermons by priests (usually supporting illegal immigration) in my area that I did not go to church this past Christmas and Easter. St. Rocco in Union City, for example, actually has an ACLU/anti-Trump poster placed in a window.

Yet my experience at SHU and elsewhere has taught me that priests in academia are some of the smartest, sharpest and funniest people I've ever met.

I was disappointed the Hall broke tradition and hired Esteban. And I am confident there are many highly qualified priests who can do the job.

I just think that the Board (or whoever in Newark makes the decision) needs to make their expectations and goals clear. There should be no meaningless interview BS language like "value-added" and "personal philosophy."

Notre Dame, Villanova, Fordham, Boston College, Creighton and Xavier- just to name a few- are schools that seem to have no problems with a priest at the helm. Perhaps somebody at SHU can make some calls and ask for recommendations.

Who needs a search firm.

I'm sure there are many great priests at those schools who are ready for the job. But he's not going to drop in your lap. Ask around. Get names.

What you must take into account is that the school's you mention are run by a religious order not an archdiocese as SH is and thus can look at priests in key positions at other colleges run by their order making it easier to fill open positions from within. Yet despite that fact Georgetown , one of the 28 Jesuit run colleges in the U.S. went for a laymen to run their school.

What you must take into account is that the school's you mention are run by a religious order not an archdiocese as SH is and thus can look at priests in key positions at other colleges run by their order making it easier to fill open positions from within. Yet despite that fact Georgetown , one of the 28 Jesuit run colleges in the U.S. went for a laymen to run their school.
Why does religious order have to be a barrier? We're not talking here about Crips, Bloods and MS13. LOL.

We're talking about priests who can be the top man at SHU, correct?

Can you imagine what 400's search history is like? How many crackpot sites must be in there? lol what an angry ol' kook.
I can certainly imagine where a leftist crackpot kook like you who never has facts goes for information.

Haven't leftist extremists like you learned that your epithets and platitudes have been rendered meaningless and impotent because you use them in every argument?

Thanks for that.

Have you actually read a book in the last 25 years?

The Catholic church has been constructing and administering schools at all levels, as well as medical facilities for centuries.

You're going to tell me that SHU cannot find a top notch, highly qualified priest who can continue the university's ascent?
Did you miss the last presidential search? What a clustefuc! Like I said earlier, we got very lucky with Dr. Esteban. Let's just hope the Board of Regents and other powers that be don't f this up or we're screwed!

Who needs a search firm.

Sorry, but I wouldn't want BC's guy. Yikes!

Why? He's been president there for 21 years. He was EVP at Marquette before BC. As far as I know the school has a great academic reputation.

http://bcheights.com/longform/index.php/2016/20-years-later-william-leahy/

http://www.bc.edu/bc-web/bcnews/campus-community/announcements/father-william-leahy-feature.html
You can say goodbye to Big East championships, NCAA's and winning if that's the guy you want. Sorry, thanks but no thanks. You can have both top academics and athletics.

Reactions: Irishwakeup

Who needs a search firm.

Wow, eight paragraphs and I couldn't find a s single sentence I could agree with. Not even a subordinate clause I could buy into.

I can certainly imagine where a leftist crackpot kook like you who never has facts goes for information.

Haven't leftist extremists like you learned that your epithets and platitudes have been rendered meaningless and impotent because you use them in every argument?

Thanks for that.

Have you actually read a book in the last 25 years?

So I'm a Sandinista now? I had no idea!

I read alot of comic books, from small press all the way up Batman from DC. You want to see my pull list? Does that count?

You can say goodbye to Big East championships, NCAA's and winning if that's the guy you want. Sorry, thanks but no thanks. You can have both top academics and athletics.
I didn't realize you were referring to athletics... I was focused on academics.

I didn't realize you were referring to athletics... I was focused on academics.
My point, because apparently you missed it, is that you can have both great academics and athletics. That's been proven with Dr. Esteban. The guy at BC would make Sheeran look like the good old days! The BC guy doesn't care about athletics at all. I don't want anyone who will undo all of Dr. Esteban's good work. I want someone who will make it look like Dr. Esteban barely scratched the surface. It can and should be done!

My point, because apparently you missed it, is that you can have both great academics and athletics. That's been proven with Dr. Esteban. The guy at BC would make Sheeran look like the good old days! The BC guy doesn't care about athletics at all. I don't want anyone who will undo all of Dr. Esteban's good work. I want someone who will make it look like Dr. Esteban barely scratched the surface. It can and should be done!

Schools like Nova, GT, ND and others have proven that you can be an outstanding academic institution and still have a successful athletic program and that's a combination that was beginning to emerge during Gabe's tenure and it's a trend that we all hope will continue under our next president.

Bishop John Barres is worth taking a look at. He heads up the Diocese of Rockwille Center (Nassau ca

and Suffolk County on Long Island).

He played basketall at Princeton as an undergrad. Studied at NYU and Catholic University.

He is rising star who will go far in his career. 56 years old. Deepky spiritual with a ton of energy.

Bishop John Barres is worth taking a look at. He heads up the Diocese of Rockwille Center (Nassau ca

and Suffolk County on Long Island).

He played basketall at Princeton as an undergrad. Studied at NYU and Catholic University.

He is rising star who will go far in his career. 56 years old. Deepky spiritual with a ton of energy.
Very doubtful a sitting Bishop who is young would become a University Pres. The church needs more like him but in a leadership position like a Bishop or Cardinal not limiting his audience to a diocesan university.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT