ADVERTISEMENT

Delgado gone?

That explains everything, St John's biased sources like Zach,Zags etc. in their eyes Chris Mullin is the next John Wooden. Any news that could weaken Seton Hall, may help SJU.

Trying to hold onto any hope I can haha
There is something my grandmother told me and stuck with me throughout my entire life. "Finish your education. Once you get your diploma , no one can ever take it away from you!" I think of someone like Angel's background and would think even before basketball, that school would always come first. Basketball was just something people did for fun when Angel first got here and he developed into the fine individual he has become today. I know there are a lot of one and done's out there but people don't spend three years in college not to finish. If Angel does not finish now, i fear he might never go back to school, and that would be a real shame.
One other thing I think that bothers me is that I would think Angel would want to do it right. Say goodbye to his fans that have supported him the RIGHT WAY. Him leaving like this leaves his fans with an empty feeling that I don't feel either of us deserve. That is so not what I thought Angel was all about. Hoping I am not wrong.

There are way more positives to finishing college and turning pro after next year. Angel has a lot of drive and desire to improve his game. Look at how much he has improved each year. If he finishes his senior yr at Seton Hall (Josh Hart) he will have his degree, his basketball game will have improved, his stock will increase, he will be coming out in a weaker draft and he will get a better Pro deal.I am saying this because I have faith in Angel. He does Not need a sports agency (agent) to pressure him in to making a decision that is Not in his best interest.

Last edited:
My man I enjoy your posts, but if you think Zach and Zags are anti-Seton Hall or would spin this story because they dislike the Hall, you are sorely mistaken. Zach has showed us plenty of love. Yes, he writes for a NY paper and its no secret he is friendly with a certain St John's ass't going back to when the guy was at Iowa St (that is the connect), but it has been no secret since last year that Angel may leave before he was a senior. Hell there was chatter he would go after last year. Not everything is a conspiracy theory. I've said all along that I kept hearing he was gone, and when Dan and other really good posters were hearing he was staying that was both shocking and a pleasant surprise from my perspective. If he leaves, wish the kid well as he was the second most important cog in the best period we've had in a long, long time, and he would have never come to the Hall if him and his people didn't show loyalty to the assistant who brought him here.

That explains everything, St John's biased sources like Zach,Zags etc. in their eyes Chris Mullin is the next John Wooden. Any news that could weaken Seton Hall, may help SJU.

Some points -they would like to see SJU finish ahead of Seton Hall. Good advice, if you are Not a senior and Not invited to the combine, then you should run back to school. The sports agency (agent) is Not giving Angel good advice.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
And given that our program is on the upswing, you can be damn sure that a guy like Zach wants to maintain good relations with our staff so as to ensure he continues to get a flow of information on prospective recruits and things of that nature

They only care about one thing & it's not St John's finishing higher than u$.

There are way more positives to finishing college and turning pro after next year. Angel has a lot of drive and desire to improve his game. Look at how much he has improved each year. If he finishes his senior yr at Seton Hall (Josh Hart) he will have his degree, his basketball game will have improved, his stock will increase, he will be coming out in a weaker draft and he will get a better Pro deal.I am saying this because I have faith in Angel. He does Not need a sports agency (agent) to pressure him in to making a decision that is Not in his best interest.

I'm not sure if Josh hart is a good example for your argument. I don't see much evidence suggesting his draft stock is any better than last year. I think the whole degree argument is pretty overstated too. Maybe it means something to his family, I can't speak on that, but how much value is angel really going to get out of a college degree. His talent and passion for basketball are such that I am pretty sure he can follow that career path for the rest of his life if he so desires. Worst case he can return for the 20 or so credits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT