ADVERTISEMENT

IronKaz begins Nova Game Thread

The conference has the scouting report on the team and Willard. We’re just not very good when teams are prepared for what we are going to run at them.

This season has been like a true rollercoaster....here's hoping we have a few more thrills left on this season long ride:confused:!

Reactions: LBP43
Villanova is not that good, but this is not the same team from the OOC (Kentucky, Maryland etc wins).

Down 30-20 at the half.

Brutal.

Terrible guard play.

Decent defense

No leadership

No fire

Powell is letting teams frustrate him

Completely surprised by our effort and team right now.

Reactions: Flnj86
5 times we had the ball out of a timeout. Result- 3 turnovers and 2 absolutely terrible looks. Thats my biggest takeaway. They look as undiscplined as Mullin’s team, minus the talent

Reactions: IronKaz1
Villanova is not that good, but we played a terrible 1st half. Villanova lost to U Penn and Furman and we beat Kentucky and Maryland in the OOC schedule. Villanova is still not good but we are not playing like we did earlier in the yr.

I don't think we have much else to say, we had a week to figure it out, what did we do in that week? this is just idk.. Depaul doomed us like a voodoo doll ever since then we turned to crap

Villanova is not that good, but we played a terrible 1st half. Villanova lost to U Penn and Furman and we beat Kentucky and Maryland in the OOC schedule. Villanova is still not good but we are not playing like we did earlier in the yr.
where did THAT team go??? I dont wanna hear big east teams scout us better, we had a "it" factor in those games like chemistry ball handling passing etc

20 points in the first half???? This is our game to take and we are giving it away.

Oh and Taurean Thompson is on the bench stretching his upper body I see

I don't think we have much else to say, we had a week to figure it out, what did we do in that week? this is just idk.. Depaul doomed us like a voodoo doll ever since then we turned to crap

The new excuse will be that we had TOO much time off! BS

One would put Powell at the one and TT and Mamu up front, Q and Cale on the wings and run the high pick and roll, Powell has 4 options: shoot, drive, kick or hit the roller going to the rim. What they are doing has been scouted and Powell needs more quality touches he is getting killed running off screens

Nova will just get much better next year and I'm just hoping we have a pg by that time

When is Willard going to understand that every team knows we runs screens to get Powell open for three. It’s not working anymore. We need to run plays for other players. Work it inside to Sandro and Ro, use some backdoors, dribble drive and kick out for open shooters. He should have spent all week figuring out new ways to get Powell open

Villanova cheerleader just balanced an 8 ft aluminum ladder on his chin..Impressive!

All we do is drive the lane and run into a brick wall. That's where a pg comes in handy. A pg knows if he's got the step and if he doesn't he backs it out. However we have 2 guards dying to score and run into traffic and throw up prayers

One would put Powell at the one and TT and Mamu up front, Q and Cale on the wings and run the high pick and roll, Powell has 4 options: shoot, drive, kick or hit the roller going to the rim. What they are doing has been scouted and Powell needs more quality touches he is getting killed running off screens
Willard to stubborn to do what you suggested even though it would probably work.

Reactions: MikeFan1
This same team is back next year + a better version of Gil, who's to say were gonna be a top 25 team like i hear? IKE is a poor man Dalambert whom was not much of a scorer so still no inside game

Down 30-20 at the half.

Brutal.

Terrible guard play.

Decent defense

No leadership

No fire

Powell is letting teams frustrate him

Completely surprised by our effort and team right now.
As Rafferty said, you get good looks from 3 by going inside out. We are running nothing inside. Our offense is so predictable that’s why there are so many turnovers.

Quincy Mcknihht does not cut it at the 1. This staff needs to get a PG

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT