ADVERTISEMENT

It's becoming clearer

Small ball? Sure, at times.

But I love him at the 3 and hope we can replace his brother with a similar player. I would much rather have size at the 4 lest we wear down the 6-6 Davis playing against bigger and stronger players.

Likely starting lineup

PG Richmond
2G Dawes or Wusu
SF Davis
PF Not yet on the team
C Elijah Hutchins-Everett

Backups

PG Harris
2G Sanders/Coleman
SF Coleman
PF Tubek
C Bediako
unless that 4 is something special this has the makings of 5-7 big east wins

Need a PF and a Pg.. def need front court help because this is a BAD front court as of now but things will change… Holloway needs to crush the 24 players

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
I would like to see Sanders get some more time vs 3rd string. Hopefully he has committed to the defensive end to earn those minutes.

How is Harris coming along - really rooting for the kid as he has had a tough journey. Listed as a combo guard but is he more of a 2 with ball handling skills or more of a 1 who has a mid range shot?

Def keep Davis at the 3 and let him play. Great outside shot and can rebound.

PF -- need to check the wire to see who we may be connected with still.

building block of year but give me 500 in the league and a team that hustles, rebounds and defends.

Reactions: SHallguy2
But what "legit" backup PG is gunna wanna sit while Kadary plays 30mpg?
This will be the hardest position to fill, but more than a PG, you need a ballhandler. If Richmond goes down, there is no one to handle the ball against pressure. This would be a 20 turnover/game team.

This is by far the worst team in the Big East, right now. Coleman was a nice pick up, especially this late. I’d be shocked if we finished higher than 9th assuming we don’t land an impact transfer.

Some assumptions are that Richmond will never ever have back issues again? Or that he can't play forward?

Richmond has the body, athleticism and the shot to play either forward spot. Under Sha's system players rotate to many positions. I think Richmond is capable of playing every position but center and playing them very well..

Point guard may not be a lock for Richmond as some of you here think.

Keep your chin up. Think where we were just a week or two prior.

Long way to go. This team right now will be more exciting than last year's team and we still have 3 more players coming in.
Better than last year:
- Two experienced legitimate centers that will give you ten fouls and shouldn't be overmatched.
- A better shooting team with the additions (and subtractions).
- More depth at guard (Harris being a black hole and Sanders a freshman last year).
- A potentially good defensive team (assuming a PF that is a good defender comes on board).

Worse than last year:
- Big, big hole at the PF right now. KC did so many things and provided toughness underneath that was desperately needed.
- Post scoring. Samuel was a legitimate offensive threat and KC did all his scoring around the basket. Hutchins has some post moves but I don't see many plays being run for him in the grand scheme of the offense. They will need to run a few to keep the defense honest, but that's about it.
- Right now as roster is constructed, outside of Richmond, there is no one I would trust handling the ball under pressure for extended periods.

Reactions: MichiganStoleTitle
This is by far the worst team in the Big East, right now. Coleman was a nice pick up, especially this late. I’d be shocked if we finished higher than 9th assuming we don’t land an impact transfer.
Way too early to say who is the best team and who is the worse team. Still changes being made to rosters and what is on paper does not always translate to how things play out on the court. There are way too many examples of rosters that were supposed to be great teams and were duds and vice versa!

Some assumptions are that Richmond will never ever have back issues again? Or that he can't play forward?

Richmond has the body, athleticism and the shot to play either forward spot. Under Sha's system players rotate to many positions. I think Richmond is capable of playing every position but center and playing them very well..

Point guard may not be a lock for Richmond as some of you here think.
It most certainly is. Richmond has told Holloway he wants to play the point. That's why Odukale left and no other quality PG is coming on board.

If Richmond plays elsewhere he will not be a happy camper. Similar to Jackson playing the 5 last season.

Reactions: rdefabri
I wouldn’t pencil Everett-Hutchins into the starting lineup just yet due to defense. He’ll obviously play quite a bit though.

Reactions: shupat08
Keep your chin up. Think where we were just a week or two prior.

Long way to go. This team right now will be more exciting than last year's team and we still have 3 more players coming in.
Agree, we have a long way to go. Happy with the recent addition of Coleman. Wish we would have gotten Posh, especially since Richmond came around to being OK with him. Really need another PG since Harris is so questionable, and a PF who can contribute immediately. Also need a shooting guard or a swing who can shoot well from deep.

Wasu did finish the year very strong from deep, so between him, Dawes and Dre we have decent 3-point shooters. Need another pure shooter, though.

Reactions: MichiganStoleTitle
The word “decent” is being used a lot. Feels like we could be a decent team which usually translates to the back end of the BE. Hoping we get a PF who can rebound and score. Not seeing a lot of rebounders on this roster right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyBlue and HALL85
Better than last year:
- Two experienced legitimate centers that will give you ten fouls and shouldn't be overmatched.
- A better shooting team with the additions (and subtractions).
- More depth at guard (Harris being a black hole and Sanders a freshman last year).
- A potentially good defensive team (assuming a PF that is a good defender comes on board).

Worse than last year:
- Big, big hole at the PF right now. KC did so many things and provided toughness underneath that was desperately needed.
- Post scoring. Samuel was a legitimate offensive threat and KC did all his scoring around the basket. Hutchins has some post moves but I don't see many plays being run for him in the grand scheme of the offense. They will need to run a few to keep the defense honest, but that's about it.
- Right now as roster is constructed, outside of Richmond, there is no one I would trust handling the ball under pressure for extended periods.
Shouldn’t be overmatched? Nothing these 2 have shown prove they won’t be overmatched

Reactions: shupat08
Shouldn’t be overmatched? Nothing these 2 have shown prove they won’t be overmatched
Overmatched is Jackson playing the five. There is enough body of work in both of these guys that shows they held their own against D1 centers. Unless you want to ignore stats.

Reactions: garyshu71
unless that 4 is something special this has the makings of 5-7 big east wins
Kinda like Marquette last year pre season?

While I agree that on paper it doesn’t look like an overpowering roster, this is Sha’s team now for better or worse.

Not saying this team will resemble Marquette at all, but let’s fill out the roster and see what Sha can do with it this season

Man this board can be the ultimate glass half empty crowd lol. Last year some were predicting we’d win 1-2 Big East games. A couple of weeks ago we were on the verge of being relegated to the MAAC or A-10.

This roster is already good enough to be competitive and there’s undoubtedly more additions in the pipeline. Let’s exercise a little patience and have some faith here.

Overmatched is Jackson playing the five. There is enough body of work in both of these guys that shows they held their own against D1 centers. Unless you want to ignore stats.
Honestly not sure what they’ve done to make you think that other than a decent game here and there, especially from
The player from California… The player from Austin Peay put ok numbers up at a lower level, but he likes to hang outside. And it’s funny you continue to bring up Jackson like that validates these 2… neither of these guys should be playing major minutes, one could play a role the other needs a ton of work but he’s also gotten worse each season he’s been in college

Honestly not sure what they’ve done to make you think that other than a decent game here and there, especially from
The player from California… The player from Austin Peay put ok numbers up at a lower level, but he likes to hang outside. And it’s funny you continue to bring up Jackson like that validates these 2… neither of these guys should be playing major minutes, one could play a role the other needs a ton of work but he’s also gotten worse each season he’s been in college
If you go back to my post, I was comparing what is better and what is worse than last year.

Jackson was part of that rotation and he was an awful 5. He couldn't defend and he couldn't rebound. Hutchins is only a junior and all of his numbers were better in his sophomore year so not sure what you are referring to. Sorry, but I'll take two actual centers that have a body of work versus a four playing out of position (who did a good job) and a position-less player that was downright terrible.

If you go back to my post, I was comparing what is better and what is worse than last year.

Jackson was part of that rotation and he was an awful 5. He couldn't defend and he couldn't rebound. Hutchins is only a junior and all of his numbers were better in his sophomore year so not sure what you are referring to. Sorry, but I'll take two actual centers that have a body of work versus a four playing out of position (who did a good job) and a position-less player that was downright terrible.
You are reaching… are both better as a backup C than Jackson… yes… neither should be a starting C in the BE…

• Angry
Reactions: shu67
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT