ADVERTISEMENT

Jamari Wheeler

shufan1993

All American
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2017

How does he compare to the other point guards we are currently looking at?

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks on this guy, Give me Geno Thorpe or give me death!

I would take Thorpe and roll the dice again next year on a stud HS player like Duval again. One of these years we are going to land the big fish

Would seem to be a curious choice regardless of his familiarity with the school. Going from one struggling program to another as a 5th year grad. If he does than winning is obviously not a high priority and other things would have to be the deciding factors.

Pitt who was 4-14 in ACC will be even worse this upcoming year.

Geno's USF and Penn State teams had a combined 11-43 conference record. Does he really want to suck again?

It seems like shu would be a great fit for him. Ideal spot for him to be successful on an NCAA tournament team.

I agree with newshu. Thanks but no thanks. Give me Thorpe next year and then try for a better freshman in the class of '18.

I don't think I'd be opposed to having wheeler as long as we also get a starting pg. he could provide some protection against injuries especially if the staff thinks he would be an upgrade at pg over eron Gordon. And at least we would have a 3 star pg set to be on the 18-19 roster.

Even if we have wheeler we'll still go after a pg in the 2018 class.

I was just basing my prediction on that article because I haven't seen any other news on him. I'm not sure what the other options are for SHU so I hope Geno comes.

4.6 assists is a high number which I don't see mentioned a lot. I figure his shooting percentage and high turnovers are results of the team he had around him as well.

I have voiced my opinions on Wheeler at length.

Something in me says that Thorpe will end up at Pitt and that's why they released Thompson.

Reactions: SOBO1
If we had a stud pg on board for 2018 I"d say take Geno
The 2017-18 team will have the highest expectations of any team in over a decade. And you would rather not take the best available pg to boost those chances, because we don't have our pg situation for 2018-19 figured out yet?

That's crazy. Get the best available for THIS year. Have a special year and use that to land a good pg for next year. If in addition we can land a 2017 pg to provide depth moving forward then great.

Pitt is going to be atrocious next year and they also have an incoming PG in Carr, the PG from Montverde.

I like his tape and strength. Article seems to suggest our staff likes him very much.

At this point I hope we can get Geno Thorpe on his visit soon. He would be the best get at this point. Saw where Aaron Thompson (Pitt decommit) is visiting VCU and Butler in the next couple of days. Supposedly our staff reached out but I don't remember us recruiting him at all. Chris Darrington hasn't been mentioned in a while. He hasn't committed yet but I'm guessing he's not showing us the love back. We need a proven 5th Year transfer given the team we have coming back. From what I've read I would sign on the dotted line for Geno Thorpe at this point in the game.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I'm beginning to fear that next year will be remembered as the season as "what could have been if only we had a decent pg".

I'm not particularly high on geno Thorpe but at this point I'm praying to the basketball gods we can get him.

Never seen him ball, but he is a 75 (3 star) per ESPN - which happens to be the same rating Carrington was coming out of HS. Hard to swallow being so close with Duval, but the team obviously liked what they saw (chemistry and skills)... hoping the best for the kid and that everything works its way out.

FWIW- Angel and Carrington are friends with him on Instagram, so maybe that shows they like the kid?

Wow. I just can't believe that we didn't get Walker. Willard's recruiting is still a mystery. Brevin Knight disaster Part 2

Reactions: deheremike
Don't know much about him, but his list of offers is interesting.Not may high level conference offers from what I can see. If the staff likes him I will trust them though.

I honestly dont put this one on our HC

Who else could it be put on then? We better be bringing in a QUALITY grad transfer who can give us 30 mpg, otherwise what a failure this will be.

3 recruiting cycles to bring in a PG to pair with the 4 seniors and it looks like we have struck out again on all of our top targets. Unacceptable.

I'm not one way or the other on this but did you see him going right at Zach Dawson who is a top 100 recruit committed to Okla State? He played very well

I'm not one way or the other on this but did you see him going right at Zach Dawson who is a top 100 recruit committed to Okla State? He played very well

Watch some game films, there are whole games on youtube. Not impressed to say the least.

Reactions: cernjSHU
Watch some game films, there are whole games on youtube. Not impressed to say the least.
Thats fair, I understand highlight tapes dont show nearly enough...just think its funny if we don't get Wheeler people would be complaining how we lost out to lower level schools lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT