ADVERTISEMENT

Kadary Richmond to Seton Hall!

Seton Hall can go small and athletic and pressure full-court with the depth at the 1-4.

PG Richmond
2G Harris
SF Weston
PF Rhoden
C Ike

With Conway, Cale, Samuel and Jackson off the bench. Who knows even Powell can get some time too.
Yes please

Guards: Jamir Harris, Kadary Richmond, Jahari Long, Ryan Conway.

Guard/Wing: Myles Cale

Wings: Jared Rhoden, Brandon Weston, Tyler Powell.

Bigs: Ike Obiagu, Tyrese Samuel, Tray Jackson, Jeff Ngandu

nice pickup. welcome Kadary. can't wait to see how all these new players mesh together.

And he brings some experience of winning in the NCAA tourney. always good to have some of that in the locker room.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Kadary is absolutely a point guard. What? I would argue he’s the best true point guard we’ve had since.......I don’t even know when. A long time.
As with all of Willard's teams I expect what you do on the defensive side of the ball to matter. Syracuse played the zone, he'll have to prove he can defend guys like Zegarowski, Gillepsie, and Posh better than Long and Conway. If he can't Long or Conway will be on the court with him at all times. There's a lot of playing time available. It's going to be interesting to see it all play out. I would be absolutely shocked if Ike and Rhoden don't start. The other 3 positions can be had by just about anyone going after them.

The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that everything we know 6 months before the season turns out to be just message board crap that had no merit at all. It's become routine that there is a Gill, Shavar, Rhoden comes out of nowhere to be a major factor and better than the guys hyped for 6 months.

Last edited:
You have to think well be playing alot of smaller lineups. There is a logjam at 1-3
Perhaps but I'm sure there will be movement. But that's OK, because this is how teams need to operate now in the transfer-world. Richmond is an absolute starter who is going to get the ball from Day 1, which is what I'm sure was sold to him. Him and Harris are going to be major minutes at the 1/2 slots, which is what they were told. If there is fall out roster-wise, so be it. Richmond, Harris, Cale, Rhoden and Ike should be a good enough team to be in the dance next year and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: LBP43
As with all of Willard's teams I expect what you do on the defensive side of the ball to matter. Syracuse played the zone, he'll have to prove he can defend guys like Zegarowski, Gillepsie, and Posh better than Long and Conway. If he can't Long or Conway will be on the court with him at all times. There's a lot of playing time available. It's going to be interesting to see it all play out. I would be absolutely shocked if Ike and Rhoden don't start. The other 3 positions can be had by just about anyone going after them.

The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that everything we know 6 months before the season turns out to be just message board crap that had no merit at all.
Rhoden and Ike are absolutely starting. So is Cale. The so-called "youth movement" is no more; this team is being constructed to be in the NCAA next year. You don't know how long any of these guys are going to stick around for and if that means some of the young kids get squeezed out, that is what will happen now with the current system.

Feedback from a Cuse fans when he entered the portal:

"I'm pissed! This was the one guy that I had or has so much potential n the 1 guy I did not want to lose and of course JB probably screwed it up with HIS mishandling of minutes and he should have been starting at some point during the season because he has shown time and time again that he is more than capable."

"Kadary was special. Fav player on the team.... Boehim screwed this up with giving girrard, the most over hyped player since cooney, the start and more minutes. Everyone could see that kadary deserved to start halfway through the season and def towards the end... This falls all on boehim."

Plus, some good commentary on Richmond from Syracuse fans:

We now have 5 Top 100 players (all 4 Star) on our roster. Rankings don't guarantee success, but it's a start.

DEAR GOD - LET THIS BE THE END OF POSH POSTERS!
If Harris is as advertised this team should be dancing next year, regardless of what additional movement we have. I'm not sure what Richmond has to do with Posh, but I can guarantee you the Posh-posts will stop if people stop letting the kid's success have real estate in their heads with silly posts.

Reactions: mikewalsh
Rhoden and Ike are absolutely starting. So is Cale. The so-called "youth movement" is no more; this team is being constructed to be in the NCAA next year. You don't know how long any of these guys are going to stick around for and if that means some of the young kids get squeezed out, that is what will happen now with the current system.
Cale, Rhoden, Ike starting. Samuel is the sleeper of the offseason. If he comes back improved, none of these guys are taking a 6'10" PF out of the starting lineup. That leaves one spot for Harris, Richmond, Conway, Long

Reactions: Halldan1
I can't read the full story, but he's got quotes from Richmond about why he chose the Hall, so I think you can bank it.
I refuse to pay for NJ.com, but figured out how to read all the for pay stories. You can copy and paste the story even after the subscription screen pops up. Perhaps NJ.com will catch on soon.

Last edited:
I refuse to pay for NJ.com, but figured out how to read all the for pay stories. You can copy and paste the story even after the subscription screen pops up. Perhaps NJ.com will catch soon.
Please do not paste a complete pay site story here. Bits and pieces are fine, but no more.

Cale, Rhoden, Ike starting. Samuel is the sleeper of the offseason. If he comes back improved, none of these guys are taking a 6'10" PF out of the starting lineup. That leaves one spot for Harris, Richmond, Conway, Long
There won't be "one spot" for Harris and Richmond, IMO. Both were sold here as Day 1 starters and that's what I expect them to be. If Harris has a really hard adjustment to the move up maybe his role is slightly different, but both of these kids were sold as being Day 1 starters with our backcourt situation being what it is, and so I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case (plus Harris having his brother in the fold is another issue).

Imagine: (obviously hypothetical)

Kadary Richmond
Jamir Harris
Earl Timberlake
Jared Rhoden
Ike Obiagu

Kill me if I’m wrong.....but that’s like a 3 or 4 seed in March, no?

Lineup built around defensive versatility and toughness with Harris sniping on the outside, Richhmond penetrating, Earl slashing, and Rhoden doing a little bit of everything.

One can dream.

Beoheim's head must have exploded
giphy.gif

I would prioritize Matos as the final piece to the puzzle for this year and years after.
1. Harris / Conway / Long
2. Richmond / Cale / Weston
3. Rhoden / Weston / Cale / Powell
4. Samuels / Matos / Jackson /
5 Ike / Matos / Ngandu

Guards: Jamir Harris, Kadary Richmond, Jahari Long, Ryan Conway.

Guard/Wing: Myles Cale

Wings: Jared Rhoden, Brandon Weston, Tyler Powell.

Bigs: Ike Obiagu, Tyrese Samuel, Tray Jackson, Jeff Ngandu
Guards/wings are generally interchangeable with the exception of JR who can slide to 4

Capsule recap of Richmond's freshmen year at Syracuse from cuse.com:

In his Syracuse debut, Richmond tallied four points, three rebounds and an assist as the Orange defeated BRYANT ...

He made his first career start against NIAGARA and recorded 16 points, seven rebounds, six assists, four steals and three blocks in the win ...

Richmond recorded seven points, seven rebounds, six assists and three steals in the win versus RIDER ...

He had seven assists and five steals at RUTGERS ...

Richmond reached nine points and snared four steals in the win at BOSTON COLLEGE ...

He had 13 points, eight rebounds and five assists in the overtime win against BUFFALO ...

Richmond recorded a personal-best eight assists while snagging five steals in the home win against MIAMI ...

He helped Syracuse to an upset victory against #16/14 VIRGINIA TECH with 13 points off the bench ...

Richmond rattled home six-of-seven shots and totaled 14 points in the home win versus NC STATE ...

He had a career-high six steals at CLEMSON ...

Richmond scored eight points, dished out four assists, and snagged three steals in the win at NC STATE ...

He scored six points and snagged three steals in the win against NOTRE DAME ...

Richmond recorded 15 points, five boards, and three assists at DUKE ...

He had six assists and four rebounds at GEORGIA TECH ...

Richmond recorded a personal-best 10 assists and snagged four steals in the home win against NORTH CAROLINA. His 10 assists were the most by a Syracuse freshman since Kaleb Joseph tallied 10 helpers in an overtime loss at Villanova on December 20, 2014 and the most by an Orange freshman in a regulation contest since Jonny Flynn had 10 assists against Rhode Island on December 8, 2007 ...

He tallied eight points, two rebounds, and two blocks in the NCAA Tournament victory against SAN DIEGO STATE.

All those steals, sounds like he has a little bit of Paul Gause in him! I love it!

Can you wait 24 hours before you get back on the Willard hate messages
none of this has to do with willard hate. absolutely none. stop being so triggered and creating a problem where there isnt one

i was asking a question.

Last edited:
There won't be "one spot" for Harris and Richmond, IMO. Both were sold here as Day 1 starters and that's what I expect them to be. If Harris has a really hard adjustment to the move up maybe his role is slightly different, but both of these kids were sold as being Day 1 starters with our backcourt situation being what it is, and so I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case (plus Harris having his brother in the fold is another issue).
There are 25 mins available to a lot of guys Powell included

the bridesmaid persona is actually helping the hall succeed. now every player is looking to transfer rather than making it work at their current spot and i suppose being im the picture with so many guys is working out.

the one missing peice is tournament success. is this the core that does it? its definitely expectations to hear name called in march. there are a ton of new peices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT