ADVERTISEMENT

Kadary Richmond to Seton Hall!

There are 25 mins available to a lot of guys Powell included
Starters

Ike, Rhoden, Weston, Richmond, Harris?

or big: Ike, Samuel, Rhoden, Cale,

im guessing cale is a bench guy. even though he may be good enough to start as a 5th yr senior

Starters

Ike, Rhoden, Weston, Richmond, Harris?

or big: Ike, Samuel, Rhoden, Cale,

im guessing cale is a bench guy. even though he may be good enough to start as a 5th yr senior
Maybe I am wrong, but just do not see Weston starting as a freshman, at least at beginning of the season.

I see starters as Ike, Rhoden, Harris, Richmond, then either Cale or Samuel for the 5th spot.

How many years of eligibility does Richmond have left? Hopefully at least 2.

With his size and athleticism, he might have a shot at the NBA in a few years but I'm getting ahead of myself. I love how he elevates in the lane to get his shot off with ease. He is gonna be a very good player for us.

Reactions: Bluebeard
How many ships do we have left and who is most likely to take those spots?
We have two scholarships available, as Cale doesn’t count against normal 13 scholarships limit. Others have said Willard still only plans to use a max of 13 that would give us one more player to get, assuming no one else leaves.

I would think a big man is priority, only transfer big man mentioned to SHU recently I have seen is Matos from New Mexico. Not sure where we stand with him.

We need a big really bad and if Willard uses the last scholarship a deadly sniper from 3 to complement Harris.

Dan- does Richmond make this a potential pre-season top 25 and top 3 big east squad?
Before we watch them I would hazard a guess that this roster has top 25 potential, but there's a long way to go.

Without any more additions, and sight unseen I can see the Pirates being an upper tier conference team and to start the season top 30-35, with the potential for much more.

I love the pickup of Richmond and Harris but Willard transfers usually take a full year before they are an impact. I know there were a few exceptions but for the most part they contribute in their 2nd year.
With that said I am very happy to welcome them both.

X factor.

As I said this past season, Aiken's knee (heath).

Now at this point I'll go with Samuel for 2021/22.
Agree 100%. This is the young man with the most potential on the team. Potential is a dangerous word. There's no one on the roster other than Samuel himself who can keep him from starting. I really think the starting frontcourt will be the best in the conference IF Samuel develops to the level he is capable of. I'm a firm believer being on campus, with the staff, is a completely different off season than last year for this young man to reach his potential at a quicker rate.

How many years of eligibility does Richmond have left? Hopefully at least 2.
I’m not sure but with how things are I stopped concerning myself. Kids like him who have moved once from a place like Cuse are a year at a time IMO.

Rhoden and Ike are absolutely starting. So is Cale. The so-called "youth movement" is no more; this team is being constructed to be in the NCAA next year. You don't know how long any of these guys are going to stick around for and if that means some of the young kids get squeezed out, that is what will happen now with the current system.
This. Win. That’s it. Building in the conventional way is dead with the new transfer rules with every kid going to get one free transfer. They sit while developing they’re gone in many cases. Risky.

Reactions: garyshu71
Rhoden and Ike are absolutely starting. So is Cale. The so-called "youth movement" is no more; this team is being constructed to be in the NCAA next year. You don't know how long any of these guys are going to stick around for and if that means some of the young kids get squeezed out, that is what will happen now with the current system.
I’m not so sure about Cale or Ike starting for that matter. Willard will play guys that earn it and it starts with defense. Cale is not an elite defender and while Ike came on he is a 20mpg player and struggled against Nova and Creighton. I think playing time is pretty wide open.

This. Win. That’s it. Building in the conventional way is dead with the new transfer rules with every kid going to get one free transfer. They sit while developing they’re gone in many cases. Risky.
And whether the rule is wise or not, it will favor a school like shu while we have a good human like kw running things

I’m not so sure about Cale or Ike starting for that matter. Willard will play guys that earn it and it starts with defense. Cale is not an elite defender and while Ike came on he is a 20mpg player and struggled against Nova and Creighton. I think playing time is pretty wide open.
Ike I think yes, it’s Myles who I think can be a spark off the bench.
I could see:

Richmond
Harris
Rhoden
Samuel
Ike

starters. Backed up by

Conway
Cale
Weston
Good question... lol. Rhoden likely
Again... good question. Ngandu if he gets here or next transfer

but... let’s let the summer offseason development happen and see where we are in October.
All I know is with these two additions on top of the freshman the outlook just got white hot better!

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Ike has a shot blocking presence no one else on the roster will come close to replicating. So I fully expect him to start and get time.

Cale is the best defender returning. Also, while he is inconsistent offensively, I'd roll the dice on him still being ready to contribute on that end more than any of the freshman and frankly a number of others.

Of course players need to earn minutes, but my expectation is the guys who will "earn" minutes are the ones we expect, not the ones we haven't seen, plus Richmond and Harris who were no doubt brought here with the promise that they will be starting and getting big minutes at the 1/2.

Reactions: LBP43
And whether the rule is wise or not, it will favor a school like shu while we have a good human like kw running things
I think we will have hits and misses, like most schools. Plenty of "good human" head coaches are losing kids, and plenty of scum coaches will benefit immensely because of where they coach and how/what they can sell. It sucks for the sport but as long as we get our share fans will be happy.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT