ADVERTISEMENT

Pandemic effect on teens

went to the dentist today and got hit with a list of cavities. ive always thought dentists are a little scammy, who knows how many are actually there. but had a chat about the affect of covid. its been an issue with people not coming in (worse than primary care) but also the type of damage being done. particularly in my case: grinding teeth. stress way up = tooth damage in full swing. now, that might have happened regardless of lockdowns.

the dentist had to shut down for a while so my scam radar thinks theyre trying to recoup money by fixing things that arent really an issue (ive always thought this) . but i do think ive crushed my back molars in my sleep
I would prescribe staying off this board. You can give me $150 when you see me, probably save you thousands.

went to the dentist today and got hit with a list of cavities. ive always thought dentists are a little scammy, who knows how many are actually there. but had a chat about the affect of covid. its been an issue with people not coming in (worse than primary care) but also the type of damage being done. particularly in my case: grinding teeth. stress way up = tooth damage in full swing. now, that might have happened regardless of lockdowns.

the dentist had to shut down for a while so my scam radar thinks theyre trying to recoup money by fixing things that arent really an issue (ive always thought this) . but i do think ive crushed my back molars in my sleep

If you think your dentist is being to aggressive in his treatment you might consider getting another opinion.

I have a friend who is a dentist. He is not my dentist. I had this discussion with him. He said there are different philosophies on treatment. Some take the approach to treat immediately. Others take a wait and see approach.

FWIW, I had a dentist for a few years who I thought was soaking me. I had good insurance through my employer and I think he knw that. Cavities, root canals, crowns, etc. When I moved my home and switched dentists, I did not have any issues for 10 or so years.

I am not saying he was a crook, just that hi approach was on the aggressive treatment side. My new guy is a bit more conservative.

Reactions: SHUSA
If you think your dentist is being to aggressive in his treatment you might consider getting another opinion.

I have a friend who is a dentist. He is not my dentist. I had this discussion with him. He said there are different philosophies on treatment. Some take the approach to treat immediately. Others take a wait and see approach.

FWIW, I had a dentist for a few years who I thought was soaking me. I had good insurance through my employer and I think he knw that. Cavities, root canals, crowns, etc. When I moved my home and switched dentists, I did not have any issues for 10 or so years.

I am not saying he was a crook, just that hi approach was on the aggressive treatment side. My new guy is a bit more conservative.
i think i will. asked for the xrays too.

This pandemic has been a terrible, terrible experience for all. I hope all is well with everyone.

Reactions: SHUSA
Right but at the same time, remote learning wasn't just to protect the kids. It was also about the teachers and the families of those kids. Most of the restrictions were just erring on the side of caution during a period of time when we didn't have a vaccine or even an effective treatment in place. After the population had a chance to be vaccinated, I agree that the restrictions on kids were unnecessary.

I don't think masks are needed at all at this point, but if no kids were wearing masks, I wouldn't expect the results of that survey to change at all.

Not sure what you're referring to regarding kids being manipulated.
Yes, we can open amusement parks. Not schools. Yawn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT