ADVERTISEMENT

Powell expected to miss several games

This may end up helping the team in the long run with Powell being out a couple of games in November. This team is Powell and the four other guys on the floor. We have been waiting for that second and third player to emerge. Well, this is going to give that opportunity for some other player to be the man on the court. Can we finally see the Mamu that I know is there? Can he become that dominant player in Powell’s absence? This could be a big benefit in the long term.

Willard will hopefully keep info on a need to know basis. When he first came here he gave WAY too much information, to the risk of subjecting our players to further injury. Since then he has been more vague which is better imo.

Reactions: Hall Is Life
Don’t underestimate the rest of this team. Yeah, Powell is the core piece, but we are good even outside of him. And playing at home in front of 17,000 is going to be special for our guys. Who knows what is going to happen? All the assumptions can be thrown out the windows at the Rock. We will be ready to fight hard on Thursday, both the players working on the court and the fans cheering on from the stands.

Without Powell, Seton Hall is rather ordinary.
Notre Dame played its best ball without All American Luke Harangody years back and they weren’t loaded with talent. Maybe we have to play a different style that’s not fun to watch but we’re still capable of beating good teams.

So, when does the injury report come out? Is he Questionable, Doubtful, or IR at this point?

So, when does the injury report come out? Is he Questionable, Doubtful, or IR at this point?

Crazy as it sounds I'm rooting for him to be out. When I see this story I'm reminded of the book Friday Night Lights and the movie as well. Their star running back, who the offense revolves completely around, gets hurt and tries to come back too soon and is done for the year and ruins his career as his injury gets worse. This is is a no brainer, if he's not 100% it's not worth it for Myles Powell the person.

Be honest, l would love to see him play Thursday, but if there is the slightest chance he can make his ankle worse by playing.
Sit him until he is 100%.
It will be huge challenge for the team and all l want is for them is to give 100%.... that's all you can ask from them

Powell is absolutely out against Michigan State. He's now in a boot. More detailed info on the Trove.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT