ADVERTISEMENT

Quincy McKnight

Tou91 In an earlier post on this board you mentioned that you have a son at Sacred Heart. Great to hear your opinion of Quincy McKnight. I also think he is a really good pick up for Seton Hall based on the fact that he played multiple pick up games with our players on his visit. The players than gave their feedback to our coaches.

I feel like someone should be patting you on the head after you post.

Congratulations to McKnight. It's a great pickup for the Pirates.

The 6-3 McKnight is a winner and a very experienced college player. He played on three state championship teams in high school in CT.

McKnight just spend two seasons playing for a highly experienced coaching staff led by HC Anthony Latina who was the captain of his state championship high school team and a PG in college where he was also the captain and a four-year starter at Brandeis.

McKnight started 59 games at SHU and scored 913 points. He was on the NEC all-rookie team and was first-team all NEC as a sophomore.

Now he gets to spend a year with Willard and Holloway while practicing with a top 15 (at least) Big East team.

Will he start in 18-19? Who knows. But is there any doubt he will contribute in a significant way?

Reactions: Bluebeard
This kid has a very high dribble and appears out of control at times. This would worry most teams but Willard and Shaheen are proven point guard whisperers.

Excited to see what he can do at Seton Hall. Depth is very rarely ever a negative asset to have especially in the Big East.

We all want a top ranked HS point guard recruit but if this guy can give us even 75% of the scoring he produced at Sacred Heart then he will be a weapon. After the 14' class graduates I feel great about our guards.

This team is already set up with multiple players who can handle the ball - Powell has shown he can deliver the ball into the paint, Walker was a primary ball handler in high school, Cale was a combo guard with length and can defend with above average athleticism, Gordon has been handling the ball in the 2nd unit in practice and now McKnight is a scoring guard who will have a year to learn the system and get his game under control.

Reactions: Candlewood
Having never seen in play, I cannot comment on his basketball abilities but based on how he comes across in the interview video, his personality and demeanor seem outstanding! GO QUINCY! GO PIRATES!

Reactions: Seton75
Frankly, calling me a negative poster is ludicrous. And imo, thomas's problem was he wasn't that good. Hard to play even the amount he played for us and keep his talent so well hidden. I said when he transferred that ru got the better k state transfer but I didn't dream it would be no contest.
It was a term in general to the board and in particular to this one comment.

McKnight seems like he is going to be our 6th man. A guard that can play both the 1 & 2, but will be looked upon to score.

Definitely worth the 4 minutes.

Three parts of this inteview stood out:

First, he's 21-year-old. So he will play for the Pirates as an experienced and mature talent.

Second, I love that he's motivated to keep improving.

Third, Quincy must stop putting his smart phone near that area if he plans on having kids one day. Here's just one of many comments from legit researchers:

Some research in the laboratory has suggested that exposure to radiation that is produced by a cell phone may lower a man's sperm count and motility. This is an area of ongoing research, and we do not have a definite answer to this question yet. Until we know for sure, we recommend that men who are actively trying to cause a pregnancy keep their cell phone as far as possible from their pelvic area.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/transcripts/1362_infertility-solutions-for-men-and-women

Pro/Con from Wall Street Journal:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/should-cellphones-have-warning-labels-1463968922

A more recent article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12167957/Mobile-phones-are-cooking-mens-sperm.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12167957/Mobile-phones-are-cooking-mens-sperm.html
Bottom line: Why take a chance?

Since he worked out with our players and the coaches observed he is worth the risk for our last scholarship.
As for not playing defense he was the show at sacred heart he will come off the bench for us and if he doesn't play defense he will not play.Also I anticipate his shot selection will improve with SHU also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT