ADVERTISEMENT

Quincy McKnight

mjs429

Freshman
Apr 17, 2017
Sacred Heart guard will transfer to the Hall. He put up some great numbers 19, 4, & 3. Wow!!

Tidbit

McKnight will likely be seeking a step up in competition next year. He fared well against big-time schools this past season, scoring 22 points on 8-of-13 shooting against Arizona and pouring in 36 on 10-of-18 shooting at Boston College.

Given our situation with guards and craving of rising sr guards, this makes little sense to me. I never heard of the kid before and maybe (HOPEFULLY ) he will be a felony theft for us. But like Shooter's son, I ain't seeing it.

Reactions: Section112
You have to trust the coaches..they have a plan..let's wait and see what it is.

Last edited:
Given our situation with guards and craving of rising sr guards, this makes little sense to me. I never heard of the kid before and maybe (HOPEFULLY ) he will be a felony theft for us. But like Shooter's son, I ain't seeing it.

Saving Angel buys a LOT of forebearance.

Reactions: Bluebeard
Quincy McKnight must have impressed the Seton Hall coaches and players on his visit.They are more in a position to judge his talent then any poster on this message board.

Reactions: halltheway
Quincy McKnight must have impressed the Seton Hall coaches and players on his visit.They are more in a position to judge his talent then any poster on this message board.
You mean some people on board think they know what's up with a player n what's going down and the staff doesn't. Sure. Some heads need to wake up

Reactions: bornApirate
we added talent to our team. Hopefully the staff can help him improve but 1st team all conference and some big games against top teams is a good foundation.

I feel a lot more comfortable with our 18-19 team than I did at the end of the season. Adding walker, McKnight, Sandro and gill put a little less pressure on the class of 2018.

I don't get taking another 2g, I don't get taking a guard who seems a lower than average shooter (not what kw usually wants), and I don't get how this effects our recruiting of the jr class guards we covet. The first and third point cause my scepticism, not the player, who I never heard of before today and have never seen bounce a basketball.

Reactions: shupat08
If you ever watched Sacred Heart play last year, you'd also see that he doesn't play a lick of defense.

Seems like some opinions here are counter to our player's who played multiple pick-up games with him and then spoke to our staff.

Reactions: Bluebeard
Well. I know nothing and will step to the back of the class, but I repeat myself. :D

One of our past coaches told me something I have always carried with me until I see something with my own eyes to form my opinion......... Trust the players. They know as well as anyone. You can't fool them.

If our players liked McKnight and of course the staff did then until proven otherwise so do I.

Seems like some opinions here are counter to our player's who played multiple pick-up games with him and then spoke to our staff.

Very true Dan. And Q is playing against our really good players. Unlike the previous players we recruited that have been identified in this thread (Grennan etc) that played and were judged by inferior talent.

There is a difference.

Chris McManus stated that Quincy McKnight is a solid defender. Bottom line- If our players who played multiple pick up games with him then spoke to our staff. Then you look at the fact he had 22pts vs Zona and 36pts vs BC on very good shooting in both games (stepped up vs better competition). Very good pick up. I trust our players and staff! Welcome to the Seton Hall family, Quincy McKnight. Glad you picked Seton Hall.

Reactions: batts
Dan, Well stated post above, regarding our players- trust the players.

Article in CT Post (Bridgeport) this a.m. quoted him saying he wanted to play in the Big East. Courted, too, by Penn State, Nevada, and Santa Clara. Very complimentary of Willard. Impressed by what Hall players do after they graduate.

One of our past coaches told me something I have always carried with me until I see something with my own eyes to form my opinion......... Trust the players. They know as well as anyone. You can't fool them.

If our players liked McKnight and of course the staff did then until proven otherwise so do I.
Jevon Thomas sure fooled them.

Kiss would have been much better. Oh well, I thought we were done with guards....Guess 2018 isn't looking so hot.

Jalen Carey we need you!

Quincy McKnight is better than Kiss,much more verasatile and better scorer.

Thomas's problems stemmed from the fact that he was a head case. He was a Division I player otherwise he wouldn't have played significant minutes for Kansas State. Everyone knew he was a little nuts and we took a chance on him. His mental demons got the best of him.

Bingo - J. Thomas was always very talented. His problems stretch well beyond the Court. I never thought it would work because of what I've known about the kid from his HS days, but he was most definitely a Big East talent.

Thomas's problems stemmed from the fact that he was a head case. He was a Division I player otherwise he wouldn't have played significant minutes for Kansas State. Everyone knew he was a little nuts and we took a chance on him. His mental demons got the best of him.

That's what I like about so many of our posters. They'll always find the rock hidden in all the gems.

Thomas had game but he also had attitude problems and clearly they got the best of him as he quit the team after playing just a bunch of games while at the Hall for 2 years.

If you don't give 100% at this level the result will be what you saw when Thomas went on the court.

Article in CT Post (Bridgeport) this a.m. quoted him saying he wanted to play in the Big East. Courted, too, by Penn State, Nevada, and Santa Clara. Very complimentary of Willard. Impressed by what Hall players do after they graduate.
http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/McKnight-transferring-to-Seton-Hall-11192550.php

McKnight transferring to Seton Hall
By Doug Bonjour
  • 920x920.jpg
Photo: Christian Abraham / Hearst Connecticut Media

QUincy McKnight is headed to the Big East.

The former Sacred Heart University star announced Friday afternoon that he is transferring to Seton Hall.

“Coach (Kevin) Willard, he knows what he’s doing,” McKnight said. “He’s going to bring my game to the next level.”

The 6-foot-3 guard from Bridgeport averaged a team-high 18.9 points and was a First Team All-Northeast Conference pick as a sophomore. He will have two years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2017-18 season.

McKnight visited Penn State last month and seriously considered offers from Nevada and Santa Clara. He made up his mind following a trip to Seton Hall on Thursday.

“I just decided there was a track record at Seton Hall, and for what they do for their players after college … they help them succeed,” McKnight said.

McKnight, who also averaged 4.9 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.6 steals in 2016-17, is the second high-profile player to leave Sacred Heart in as many years. Former NEC Player of the Year Cane Broome sat out last season after transferring to Cincinnati.

Seton Hall went 21-12, including 10-8 in the Big East, last season and lost 77-71 to Arkansas in the first round of the NCAATournament.

“It’s a great conference,” McKnight said of playing in the Big East. “There’s nothing better than that conference.”

McKnight scored at least 25 points in 10 of Sacred Heart’s 32 games. He had a career-high 44 points in a triple-overtime win over Bryant, and finished with 36 points in a loss to Boston College.

In high school, he won Class LL titles at St. Joseph in both his freshman and sophomore years. He averaged 22 points in 2012-13 as a junior, but injured his knee during the spring and transferred to the Phelps School in Malvern, Pa.

dbonjour@ctpost.com; @DougBonjour

That's what I like about so many of our posters. They'll always find the rock hidden in all the gems.

Thomas had game but he also had attitude problems and clearly they got the best of him as he quit the team after playing just a bunch of games while at the Hall for 2 years.

If you don't give 100% at this level the result will be what you saw when Thomas went on the court.
Frankly, calling me a negative poster is ludicrous. And imo, thomas's problem was he wasn't that good. Hard to play even the amount he played for us and keep his talent so well hidden. I said when he transferred that ru got the better k state transfer but I didn't dream it would be no contest.

We took a chance on Thomas and it didn't work. The staff missed on that one. He was a head case but he had high D-1 talent or he wouldn't have started for most of two years at K-state. State was middle of the pack In the Big 12, consistently rated a top three bball conference.

Did anyone see him play? I have. Kid is a player. Didn't belong on the court there. Period. Kid is gonna be SOLID

Tou91 In an earlier post on this board you mentioned that you have a son at Sacred Heart. Great to hear your opinion of Quincy McKnight. I also think he is a really good pick up for Seton Hall based on the fact that he played multiple pick up games with our players on his visit. Must of impressed our players. The players than gave their feedback to our coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT