ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic goals

Top 3 (people are underestimating Xavier which will be outstanding) inBE

Sweet 16

BE may be the best top to bottom since reconfiguration. OOC is brutal. We will be tested by the big dance.

Reactions: Halldan1
PG is a big question mark and will deternine how far this team can go.

Can Khadeen improve his handling in the off-season and play with more of a playmaker/facilitator mindset?

Can Walker make a quick adjustment to college ball and seize the job? I think he will run the offense well but will his defensive shortcomings limit how much KW lets him play?

The one big advantage from last year is we will no longer only have 2 shooters on the floor 75% of the time. All of our perimeter players 1 thru 3 and bench are legitimate 3-pt shooters.

I think the PG questions, tough OOC and competitive/deep BE will make for a very challenging year. I agree with the goals of Top 3 BE, Top 25 all year and Sweet 16 and say the season will be a disappointment if we don't at least make NCAAs and win first game.

PG is a big question mark and will deternine how far this team can go.

Can Khadeen improve his handling in the off-season and play with more of a playmaker/facilitator mindset?

Can Walker make a quick adjustment to college ball and seize the job? I think he will run the offense well but will his defensive shortcomings limit how much KW lets him play?

The one big advantage from last year is we will no longer only have 2 shooters on the floor 75% of the time. All of our perimeter players 1 thru 3 and bench are legitimate 3-pt shooters.

I think the PG questions, tough OOC and competitive/deep BE will make for a very challenging year. I agree with the goals of Top 3 BE, Top 25 all year and Sweet 16 and say the season will be a disappointment if we don't at least make NCAAs and win first game.

Free throws scare me much more than the PG situation. I liked what Jones brought to the team and how he was a steady player. Jones was good, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't playing 40 minutes per game and when he came off the floor nobody was yelling for Jones to be put back in the game immediately because we were horrible without him. I think if we make our free throws we can win the regular season and the conference tournament.

Goal is to make the Sweet 16. Anything less, barring a major screwjob from the committee or injuries, and I'll be disappointed. You have to make it the 2nd weekend with this much talent and experience after two straight NCAA appearances.

And I'm impressed that the thread has gone this long without any idiots writing "BEAT RUTGERS". Have we finally set our sights higher collectively? Cuz I really hope the number of people clinging to this made up rivalry is dwindling.

If your goal is the final 4, why not set the goal to win while you are there? Seems kind of odd the goal is to get 2 wins away from being national champions.
Done...2018 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!... That sounds pretty sweet right??

It may have been said before (I haven't read through all the posts)... but I am curious how these guys respond to for once coming into a season with very high expectations (versus high 'hopes').

It seems the past couple years, we've played the underdog role - and the kids have thrived off of that / the lack of respect.
If Media outlets all have us pegged as top 20-25 already here in May - I hope the guys don't grow over-confident , complacent and take the foot off the gas.

I think they are mature enough to be great regardless of expectations, but just a thought...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT