ADVERTISEMENT

September Recruiting

Is Juquan sanders the truth? Seems like we already have a log jam in the backcourt - Richmond, Harris , Conway, And long’s reported improvement. And doesn’t Weston want to play shooting guard (per interviews)?

based on his film seems like an above average defender but nothing really jumps out at you. Seems like your average run of the mill 3 star guard.

Is Juquan sanders the truth? Seems like we already have a log jam in the backcourt - Richmond, Harris , Conway, And long’s reported improvement. And doesn’t Weston want to play shooting guard (per interviews)?

based on his film seems like an above average defender but nothing really jumps out at you. Seems like your average run of the mill 3 star guard.
He would be a solid get. The sky isn’t falling if we don’t get him, nor is it that huge of a deal if we do. But solid get. And if he wants to stay quasi-local I think we will have less of a logjam in the backcourt than SJU projects to have.

Reactions: LBP43 and thehall07
He would be a solid get. The sky isn’t falling if we don’t get him, nor is it that huge of a deal if we do. But solid get. And if he wants to stay quasi-local I think we will have less of a logjam in the backcourt than SJU projects to have.
This

Reactions: jdavispirates
Interesting to see shooting drills from Jaquan Harris, Otega Oweh, and Jebron Harris (Jamir and Jaquan's younger brother).

This is the first video I've seen of Jebron, who I recall, from Carino's article earlier this year when Jamir and Jaquan committed, is the one who usually wins when they play H-O-R-S-E and will be a freshman at St. Thomas Aquinas this year.
Similar to the Gibbs brothers from Seton Hall Prep? Saved the best for last - it was widely regarded that TJ, the youngest of the 3, was the best. But Ashton and Sterling were darn good - all high performers in BE, Ashton at Pitt and Sterling here at SHU. We wanted TJ, but he chose Notre Dame.

Reactions: Robot_Man
Similar to the Gibbs brothers from Seton Hall Prep? Saved the best for last - it was widely regarded that TJ, the youngest of the 3, was the best. But Ashton and Sterling were darn good - all high performers in BE, Ashton at Pitt and Sterling here at SHU. We wanted TJ, but he chose Notre Dame.

Or the Kelly brothers from South Orange!

Reactions: mbraue
Yes and visit isn’t going as planned at all
Care to elaborate?

Or it simply that Anderson/Macon have the OSL pipeline cooking right now because of Posh/Wusu and the kid wants to go play with his friends?

Unsurprisingly, a crystal ball was just entered for Oweh for Penn State.

I wish Rhoden would have a little talk with Oweh and tell him how glad he is for attending SHU instead of following family to Penn State

Yea I mean there are plenty of things to like about Penn State, but basketball is near the bottom of that list.

Reactions: thehall07
Unsurprisingly, a crystal ball was just entered for Oweh for Penn State.

I wish Rhoden would have a little talk with Oweh and tell him how glad he is for attending SHU instead of following family to Penn State
Doesn’t his brother or someone in his family play football for Penn State?

Reactions: Potbelly407
What is the connection to any of this? I know of none.

Did t one of Rhoden’s parents attend PSU? Oweh’s brother of course was a first round pick as a DE. It’s the family connection that he’s probably referring to

Did t one of Rhoden’s parents attend PSU? Oweh’s brother of course was a first round pick as a DE. It’s the family connection that he’s probably referring to
No idea on his parents Penn State connection but there's no connection between Rhoden and Oweh.

It's just bad luck that the campus took a beating before the official visit. No idea where these 2 guys will end up
at the end of the day. Hopefully no bridges are burned and maybe some of these kids transfer to South Orange down the road. I have more confidence with the transfer rules that we can now negotiate talent into our program when the college season concludes.

I don’t know anything about this recruitment and won’t lose sleep one way or another, but you really go out of your way to praise, Anderson you know that?
I won’t lose sleep either for any recruit. But for Sanders I’d be happy if we get him but the world isn’t ending if we do not.

Big fan of Anderson. Always have been. I think he represents a lot of what is right about college coaching and I’ve always liked how his teams play. Ditto for King Jay, Cooley and Ewing. Wright is the gold standard in college coaching and in some way has saved my beloved BE. I love how his teams play. Cooley is the type of character on the sidelines this great league was built on. I love that Providence is basically his dream job. I get criticized here sometimes for pumping him up too much, but I think he’s a good coach and love the persona even if he rubs others the wrong way. Ewing I loathed as a player but did a 180 when he was with the Knicks. I think it’s great to have a legend like him on the sidelines at our second flagship school. Will always pull for him.

Of course I want all these coaches to do worse than KW and for us to beat all these programs consistently. I just don’t see why it’s an issue that I happen to like other coaches in the league.

I won’t lose sleep either for any recruit. But for Sanders I’d be happy if we get him but the world isn’t ending if we do not.

Big fan of Anderson. Always have been. I think he represents a lot of what is right about college coaching and I’ve always liked how his teams play. Ditto for King Jay, Cooley and Ewing. Wright is the gold standard in college coaching and in some way has saved my beloved BE. I love how his teams play. Cooley is the type of character on the sidelines this great league was built on. I love that Providence is basically his dream job. I get criticized here sometimes for pumping him up too much, but I think he’s a good coach and love the persona even if he rubs others the wrong way. Ewing I loathed as a player but did a 180 when he was with the Knicks. I think it’s great to have a legend like him on the sidelines at our second flagship school. Will always pull for him.

Of course I want all these coaches to do worse than KW and for us to beat all these programs consistently. I just don’t see why it’s an issue that I happen to like other coaches in the league.

Take your logic elsewhere, please. Do you not know your audience?

Reactions: dehere23
There are lots of connections to Penn State between Rhoden and Oweh and their respective families. I’m not saying they know each other per se. I’m sure they know who each other is though.

I was only making a light suggestion that Rhoden communicate to Oweh how glad he is for attending SHU over Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT