ADVERTISEMENT

September Recruiting

It’s also just him without coaches, not smiling. In all 3 pictures.

He has a similar build to Long.
I don't put much any stock in the social media stuff with these kids, but he looks like he's being held hostage in those pictures LOL.

I think Sanders is smaller than Long, and more of a combo-guard or 2 rather than a PG. Although from stuff Dan posted perhaps it seems Long's game is trending towards that combo-guard role as well, instead of a pure 1 that some thought coming into school.

Reactions: thehall07
I don't put much any stock in the social media stuff with these kids, but he looks like he's being held hostage in those pictures LOL.

I think Sanders is smaller than Long, and more of a combo-guard or 2 rather than a PG. Although from stuff Dan posted perhaps it seems Long's game is trending towards that combo-guard role as well, instead of a pure 1 that some thought coming into school.
Too bad long can’t shoot like sanders but it’s fine we will see a ton of him at St John’s

Oh no question Sanders is a 2 vs. Long a 1 (although initially, initially when he came as he grew taller, there was thought he could develop an outside shot). I was only commenting on his physique-not his actual skill set.

Oh no question Sanders is a 2 vs. Long a 1 (although initially, initially when he came as he grew taller, there was thought he could develop an outside shot). I was only commenting on his physique-not his actual skill set.
Agreed. Though feedback from folks that have seen Long recently is he will be more of a combo. Excited to watch him in action based on what folks are posting.

Reactions: mbraue
Does referencing yourself through a Twitter handle qualify as writing in the first person?

The Hoop Scoop with Clark Francis was a particular target of Knight's. And he railed moving forward about Francis rating the player and profiling his game.

Yeah he isn’t a real player and zags even picked it up as “news” lol
I'm surprised Zagoria didn't recognize the Twitter profile photo from his own article.

Last edited:
Not sure about fooling, but There’s definitely some schooling going on.

Do you think the flooding on campus before his visit negatively affected our chances?

Nope he knew where he was as going prior to the visit, the staff just had no clue. Good shooter , tough NYC guard , and not a massive loss but still stinks.
Did he even visit, or did something happen on the visit that indicated to the staff his interest wasn’t serious?

Did he even visit, or did something happen on the visit that indicated to the staff his interest wasn’t serious?
He visited and yes there was a major “thing “ that happened and it was very clear they wasted their time.

Reactions: hbkmyr
Was he anything special? He just seemed like a dime a dozen guard.

Nope he knew where he was as going prior to the visit, the staff just had no clue. Good shooter , tough NYC guard , and not a massive loss but still stinks.

Seems more like optics than anything else. A nice player who chose our closest rival and a school that we will often battle with for recruits.

St. John’s secures big commitment from Jaquan Sanders​

By Zach Braziller

St. John’s present appears bright and its future may be, too.

Just over five weeks after landing his highest-rated recruit since taking over in Queens three years ago, coach Mike Anderson picked up a verbal commitment from another highly regarded prospect.

Queens native Jaquan Sanders — a former high school teammate of current Johnnies Posh Alexander and Dylan Addae-Wusu at Our Saviour Lutheran in The Bronx — picked St. John’s over Seton Hall.

Providence, Auburn, Pittsburgh and Kansas State were among other schools that had been involved.

A three-star, top-150 recruit, Sanders joins four-star guard AJ Storr and point guard Kolby King in the Johnnies’ 2022 recruiting class. This season, St. John’s is projected to be one of the better teams in the Big East and is expected to reach the NCAA Tournament.

A 6-foot-3 shooting guard, Sanders has been a priority recruit for Anderson and his staff for quite some time. He took an official visit to St. John’s over the weekend, on the heels of his visit to Seton Hall.

The addition of Sanders continues Anderson and his staff’s ability to land local recruits, following Alexander, Addae-Wusu, current freshman Rafael Pinzon and Drissa Traore, and most notably Julian Champagnie, the Big East’s leading scorer last season. Assistant coach Van Macon was the lead recruiter for Sanders, as he has been for most of the local prospects St. John’s has landed.

Like Alexander, Sanders opted for St. John’s over local rival Seton Hall, and the presence of his close friend played a factor in his decision, according to sources. Unlike Alexander, the co-Big East Defensive player of the Year last season, Sanders’ is known more for his offense. He is a quality shooter and playmaker, capable of creating his own shot and making plays for others. Last season for Our Saviour Lutheran, he averaged 19 points, seven assists, four rebounds and two steals while shooting 39 percent from 3-point range and 44 percent from the field.

“He’s a good player,” a Division I coach familiar with Sanders said. “Better passer and playmaker than he is given credit for. Can be a good secondary ball-handler and decision-maker.”

is that the kid that cleary looked like he was being tortured in his pictures at shu? what happened during that visit?

• Haha
Reactions: SOBO1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT