ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall Plays Tonight

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
I’m glad we have a game. It sucks to be so close to the season’s goal especially after the comeback we made in the BE season and it’s been two days of complaining and debating, which everyone has a right to do.

It’s the NET, I get it. But let’s win some games, huh?

Getting an NIT trophy would make a great banner.Better than getting blown out in first round of NCAA ala TCU.
It’s been a rough road for us despite an unprecedented streak of good teams. Willard’s 1-5 NCAAT record, a 6th bid with our best team in decades ruined by a pandemic, now we’re the first team 5+ games over in BE play to miss a bid in 44 years of the league. Wild.

Let’s win something!

Hopeful here. But what was the last snubbed team (like just missed) winning or making a deep run in the NIT?

It’s been a rough road for us despite an unprecedented streak of good teams. Willard’s 1-5 NCAAT record, a 6th bid with our best team in decades ruined by a pandemic, now we’re the first team 5+ games over in BE play to miss a bid in 44 years of the league. Wild.

Let’s win something!

Like I said once before...nothing comes easy to Seton Hall basketball.

Don't want to look too far ahead but if we win tonight and maybe the next game... Any chance we try to schedule the Rock? What were the circumstances that we wound up there in the fateful 2010 game?

Xavier was snubbed two years ago? And I think won the whole thing. Why not Seton Hall?

Reactions: catholicman
We have to play with toughness and unrelenting defense, must not take St Joe's lightly.

We need to play with pride.

I am hoping we dominate every game in this tournament and win the whole thing, setting the stage for Kadary and Dre's return next season.

Since the seniors voted to play, I hope they come out and blow the doors off St. Joe's. Let's keep the pressure on and remind people we deserved to be in the NCAA.

UVA made a statement last night; now it's our turn.
Couldn't agree more!

Let’s win something!
we didnt miss it. it was taken away

Reactions: halltheway
I wish we would just win this thing for once, take it seriously, and slap the committee in the face, because the NIT is now harder more power teams because they changed the auto bid rule and allow power 6 teams in over them so its higher profile.... WIN

My hope is that coach uses the extra time to re-recruit his team, if there's any hope left for that. A returning core of Richmond and Davis could contend for top of the BE and erase the foul taste of missing the NCAAs.

Restarting from scratch next year, after the way this season ended, would be pretty deflating.

Do NIT game winners get paid credits similar to NCAA Tournament game winners? I tried looking it up and couldn’t find much information on it. I suspect it would be much much less money at stake, but do winners get anything?

Do NIT game winners get paid credits similar to NCAA Tournament game winners? I tried looking it up and couldn’t find much information on it. I suspect it would be much much less money at stake, but do winners get anything?
Fran Fraschilla said during the broadcast he got 5 watches for coaching in 5 NITs, so apparently the NIT pays out their units in watches. I’m guessing these days they’re more along the lines of “random guy on 34th st” watches than Rolexes.

• Haha
Reactions: Hall Is Life
I heard it was $5000 for each win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT