ADVERTISEMENT

SJU Loses

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
so their profile before BET was worse than ours. they were beneath the Hall on every tournament selection. So they beat shu AT HOME to salvage 1-2 record vs us. and then get NO MORE wins. thats supposed to pass SHU?? they beat creighton nova and providence. THATS IT. check the Q1 wins difference. we're talkin tourney selection, if they get in over us then we can definitively realize that NET does matter for selection. otherwise we should be firmly planted ahead of them. its about wins losses. who you beat.

there is no way in hell they should ever sniff higher than the Hall. they should be the hot seat , dayton at best team.

Seton Hall has 20 wins but only four against teams that look like they're going to be in the field (five if you count Providence). That hurts the cause.

Seton Hall has 20 wins but only four against teams that look like they're going to be in the field (five if you count Providence). That hurts the cause.
St. John’s has 1 if you don’t count us or PC..3 if you do count them (but than we would have 5)

Reactions: SHUSA
St John’s has a win over Creighton. I think that’s the only team they beat that is a lock for the NCAAs. They also beat SHU and Providence

Yes, true. What about St. John’s—they have only 2 wins against team in the tourney (Utah and Creighton) and 3 if you count Providence.

Yes, true. What about St. John’s—they have only 2 wins against team in the tourney (Utah and Creighton) and 3 if you count Providence.

I'm not comparing them to SJU. Just saying in general.

Ok. Let’s take Virginia. They’ve got some brutal losses and only have beaten 2 tourney teams (Florida and Clemson) and 3 if you want to count Texas A&M.

Colorado another soft one: just maybe one against Washington State

the post was about everyone else comparing sju to shu and having them higher. makes no sense. if shu doesnt get in neither should sju. you comment is irrelevant to the convo

I think a lot of you are forgetting the Pitino factor. It was rather obvious with how the announcers were kissing his ass & lauding everything and everyone involved with St John's during the last 2 games. Granted, they have some good players but not to the degree they were made out to be. I just wish that uconn had beaten them by 30---

I think we are forgetting the Sha factor, we have a colorful coach made for TV. I’m sure the tournament selection committee loves our story line as well. Everyone loves our coach on TV.

I think we are forgetting the Sha factor, we have a colorful coach made for TV. I’m sure the tournament selection committee loves our story line as well. Everyone loves our coach on TV.
Not to mention, has any tournament field featured more than three head coaches from the same university?

Reactions: SHallguy2
If Providence is in...it might just be our bid they stole to get in!
lol

tough year to be on the bubble...

Based on the claimed selection/seeding process, we should have the best chance to get in of us/SJU/Providence, however we may be the lowest seed in the event more than 1 of us get in.

Reactions: Abbo71 and Merge
If you assume St. John’s is in then we have 5 wins against the expected field and 6 if St. Peter’s wins today.
Somehow SJU has moved off the bubble after a LOSS.

this is complete bullshit. their metrics ARE being used for selection and so is the "story/tv draw of pitino"

like what are we doing here? should SHU hire brad pitt as coach and get in the tournament as long as we have 1 quality win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT