ADVERTISEMENT

TCU - Looks Good

I don’t know much about them but If they are similar to UConn. We need Yetna and Samuel down low and not on perimeter. Jackson/Cale need to help a bit with rebounding.

They are 2nd nationally in OR% (UConn is 1st) bc they miss a lot of shots. They are nowhere near as good offensively as UConn.

They are 84th in DR%, but they are nowhere near the team UConn is. They’re a bad shooting team and highly turnover prone.

jamie dixon is a good coach. is TCUs offemsw worse than ours?
Yea. The adjusted efficiencies are close (SHU 75th, TCU 80th), but some of TCU’s components are nuts:

320th in 3PT%
336th in turnover %
230th in EFG%

But they get those rebounds which helps the efficiency. Gotta be physical.

Yea. The adjusted efficiencies are close (SHU 75th, TCU 80th), but some of TCU’s components are nuts:

320th in 3PT%
336th in turnover %
230th in EFG%

sounds to me like they dont have the personnel. being bad at 3pt shooting bodes well for us. less likely we run into a wofford scenario.

Definitely a winnable game for us, although I haven’t studied or watched TCU all that much. I know they have some really good wins and some bad or questionable losses as well. Georgetown as a common opponent - don’t know if that game was as close as the final score seems, but certainly a good indication. Team beat Kansas, Texas and others but also got their doors blown off earlier in the year to Santa Clara. If they are like Dixon’s teams normally they probably are a good matchup for us if we can make some 3s.

What a fan base - some of you are clowns. Hey I don’t know anything about a team but we’re def gonna lose! And than shusa you are never ending diarrhea of Willard hate and doom and gloom
Where did anyone say we are going to lose? Consensus seems to be tcu is a similar team and will be a competitive matchup .

Can’t stand the posters who come on here and denigrate other posters POV bc it doesn’t line up exactly with yours. What is the point?

What a fan base - some of you are clowns. Hey I don’t know anything about a team but we’re def gonna lose! And than shusa you are never ending diarrhea of Willard hate and doom and gloom
Do yourself a huge favor and use the ignore feature for the obvious trolls, it's great.

I enjoy the difference of opinions and high quality discussions but some folks like to wind people up, it's really weird.

Where did anyone say we are going to lose? Consensus seems to be tcu is a similar team and will be a competitive matchup .

Can’t stand the posters who come on here and denigrate other posters POV bc it doesn’t line up exactly with yours. What is the point?
If that point of view is to destroy every active dialogue/thread with a disparaging views on players and the coach based on their own bias than yes I take issue.

excited to see your 37 post here. This shit has been going on at nauseam.

Is that supposed to be an insult? Didn’t everyone here have to create an account at some point?

You completely ignored my point which is not a surprise because we both know absolutely no one in this thread said what you’re claiming.

It hasn’t. My account is new, i’ve been reading here awhile. A very small amount of posters are discontent with Willard, a small amount feel the need to hammer those people when we win.

Overwhelming majority knows we have a good coach & like any other fanbase wants to see some things improve - totally normal.

If that point of view is to destroy every active dialogue/thread with a disparaging views on players and the coach based on their own bias than yes I take issue.
At no point in this thread has there been any post remotely close to any of those. Except for you calling another poster a “never ending stream of diarrhea.” Keep it classy setonball.

i never said we would lose.

320th in 3PT%
336th in turnover %
230th in EFG%

Bad 3-ptrs, long rebounds

Mike Miles is a good lead guard. Would guess we use Cale on him. Eddie Lampkin is a really wide load down low. He will give our front court all they can handle.

Should be one of the uglier games of the tournament. Two teams that can’t really score, but defend reasonably well.

They are a big team, but we are bigger. I think our length will help as well as Yetna and Ike's frame against their larger bodies. We are a slightly better 3 point shooting team and foul shooting team. As long as we protect the ball, limit turnovers and keep them off of the offensive glass, I think we get the W.
we are a big team that plays small down low. we almost have no post presence at all.

however, whenever we are down bad reboudning we usually have one bounce back game. one hyperfocused game. this is the time to do it. rely on yetna for this one.

Is that supposed to be an insult? Didn’t everyone here have to create an account at some point?

You completely ignored my point which is not a surprise because we both know absolutely no one in this thread said what you’re claiming.

It hasn’t. My account is new, i’ve been reading here awhile. A very small amount of posters are discontent with Willard, a small amount feel the need to hammer those people when we win.

Overwhelming majority knows we have a good coach & like any other fanbase wants to see some things improve - totally normal.
I think it was reference to the first post of “bad draw” and third of us getting destroyed. Maybe the word “beaten” was skipped over for “destroyed”.

There are some posters who are just overly critical, seemingly getting zero joy in anything SHU does and have been pissing on every thread the last week, if not the entire season.

If we lose, I’ll be disappointed. If we win, house money against Arizona.

we should win game one and will probably be a 1.5-pt favorite.

Yes no reason to not get 1 win here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT