ADVERTISEMENT

Temple

They aren't great aren't horrible... there definitely are better and worse opponents we could have had

Reactions: shu09
Yes it is in a very unique way.

Might be a good way to draw some casual fans. While not all the teams are the powerhouses they once were the names are still very strong. For someone who does not follow college basketball closely a name like Indiana will most certainly catch their eye regardless of how good or bad they are.

Can anyone speak to the financial of this schedule compared to other seasons OOC? I know some of the games are neutral sites and home and homes but I was curious as to how it works.

Yes it is in a very unique way.

Dan any idea when we will know more of those details?

Unless you posted more on the trove that I missed?

I'm very interested to see how this shake out....

Just a guess, but maybe a "neutral" court game at the Rock that's part of a doubleheader, like the Mich St game back in 2000, which if I remember correctly, was not part of our season ticket package (or if it was, I was given different seats for the game).

Something similar to last year's get together at the rock with ND/Nova

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Just a guess, but maybe a "neutral" court game at the Rock that's part of a doubleheader, like the Mich St game back in 2000, which if I remember correctly, was not part of our season ticket package (or if it was, I was given different seats for the game).

Something similar to last year's get together at the rock with ND/Nova

If the case. We'd have Walsh and VCU as non-season ticket "home" type games. All taking more $$$ out of our pockets. Plus UA Reunion. More $$$ less home games again it seems. We shall see.

Reactions: mjs429
This looks to be the BEST schedule in years (although we played 2 elite 8 teams last year), BUT vcu, indiana, & temple are all average at best. Plus, Rutgers sucks. Love the games against Rhody & Louisville

I think I did post it on the Trove but I'm not sure. Hard to remember everything I know as opposed to everything I post.

As you are aware when I get info I am sometimes asked not to post certain details. For this particular question I can't remember if I was asked to keep it to myself or not. I'll have to go to the Trove to verify and right now I don't have the time.

Either way I do know what we're doing and it's unique.

Reactions: shupat08
Temple will be decent next year, I'm thinking NIT is possible.

VCU loses a lot and Samir Doughty just transferred.
They lost 5 of 7 top minute getters last year and 3 of top 4 scorers. not only will VCU not make the tournament or NIT next year, i think they'll revert back to the program they were pre shaka smart.

L'ville, URI, (possibly) UVA presents some nice quality wins.
VCU, Temple, and Indiana is a nice mixture of decent teams and name recognition.
Good schedule overall.

Obi Enechionyia is a decent player for them. Tested the NBA waters this spring before coming back. Have seen some 2018 mock drafts with him as a mid 2nd rounder

Very nice schedule with better balance than last year when we were predominantly out of the area, from Iowa to Florida to Hawaii.

Reactions: mjs429
Outside of our season ticket package?? I would assume...
Would assume so, one-off event, cant guarantee tickets for all 4 season ticket bases. Likely get priority before general public would be my guess. Would guess another strong, local fan base included, Villanova was the headliner last year.

More than happy with Temple. Anyone complaining needs to take a step back. Temple helps us if we win and doesn't hurt us if we lose. Yes, we aren't loading up UK, Duke, and Kansas all at the Rock. That's never going to happen. Instead, pick a bunch of games with teams in the 25-100 RPI zone, and beat them. That's how you get fantastic RPI and quality wins. If we beat VCU, Vandy, and Temple, that's 3 quality wins right there and it doesn't even take into account the best opponents on the schedule.

It's breathing room, and it's WORLDS better than we've had in pretty much the last ten years.

They have a very nice class coming in, to go with some young, talented returners. Seton Hall should win, but it'll be no gimme.

Exactly. And if we're up 17 with 12 minutes left, I'll be dying in my seat with my fingers and toes crossed.

Reactions: SHUSource
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT