ADVERTISEMENT

Thirsty for SHU Ale?

Remember that this isn't going to do much of anything for SHU if it doesn't sell, so if you see it I encourage you to grab a 4 pack and try it.

I can't speak much to Magnify in general, but based on the description it should be a rather inoffensive, easy drinking beer. Maybe a bit basic to an avid craft beer drinker but it should appeal to a fairly wide audience. Cloudy in appearance with moderate to strong hop flavor (citrus/tropical) but low perceived bitterness.

I'd be all in if it were a lager or a pilsner. Being an older dude, IPA's don't do it for me. Still will buy some for my son to enjoy and to irritate all my pickleball and softball buddies (UCONN dudes) Maybe I can break it out if we beat the Huskies on the 20th!!! Why not us.

Reactions: CL82
I'd be all in if it were a lager or a pilsner. Being an older dude, IPA's don't do it for me. Still will buy some for my son to enjoy and to irritate all my pickleball and softball buddies (UCONN dudes) Maybe I can break it out if we beat the Huskies on the 20th!!! Why not us.
Give it a try! Especially if you haven't had a hazy before. You won't mistake it for a lager by any means, but as a style they generally don't have anywhere near the level of bitterness that puts many people off of traditional IPAs

You guys should make a bet on the game. Loser buys the winner a case of team related beer. UConn has two if I recall correctly. Two Conn, a golden ale made by Two Roads, and Husky Hops a hazy IPA made by Kinsman.

Last edited:
I live in NORF delco and Magnify legit....too may yuengling drinkers down here. ordered a case for delivery...HALLIN!
Were you able to get them to deliver? On their site, they don't even deliver to more remote (to them) counties in New Jersey (Salem, Cumberland, etc.). I figure I'm out of luck in Bucks.

If all Big East schools are doing this, might it be an idea to offer a Big East sampler pack that could be split evenly to benefit everyone’s NIL? Just an idea for those who may be looking to collect a conference set of cans.

Team specific cases go 100% to that team.
Since they likely are different breweries, you'd have to get a liquor store to put together the promotion. I could see it doing really well during the big east tournament.

Not much is ever split evenly …. Going all the way back to the story in the Bill Reynolds book about the coaches having a nasty fight over the idea of a game ball deal.

Last edited:
You guys should make a bet on the game. Loser buys the winner a case of team related beer. UConn has two if I recall correctly. Two Conn, a golden ale made by Two Roads, and Husky Hops a hazy IPA made by Kinsman.
So, temporarily at least, there is now a third:

BrewConn

If all Big East schools are doing this, might it be an idea to offer a Big East sampler pack that could be split evenly to benefit everyone’s NIL? Just an idea for those who may be looking to collect a conference set of cans.

Team specific cases go 100% to that team.
It would have to be a sampler that would exclude UCONN. If not, i would be forced to pour it directly into the toilet.

I will be going to a local establishment with four guys (pickleball and softball teammates) to watch the game on the 20th here in Shelton. Two of the guys are UCONN grads and diehards, the other is Providence grad and he played baseball there - he is my age 67. I will be "gifting" the UCONN guys the Pirate Plank Walk. Have had the two UCONN brews (only thing you can drink at Gampel) and not impressed but I don't like IPA's. May be game because you guys are really banged up. Having a big man with foot issues is not a good thing. We'll see. I'm ready for Big East hoops. Hope you guys handle the Hubert Davis' tonight.

Reactions: CL82
Were you able to get them to deliver? On their site, they don't even deliver to more remote (to them) counties in New Jersey (Salem, Cumberland, etc.). I figure I'm out of luck in Bucks.
I am likely headed to Fairfield in the near future if you are interested.

Reactions: SHUSource
It would have to be a sampler that would exclude UCONN. If not, i would be forced to pour it directly into the toilet.
Well, most of us prefer the intermediary step of drinking it, but feel free to skip a step if you're in a hurry.

I will be going to a local establishment with four guys (pickleball and softball teammates) to watch the game on the 20th here in Shelton. Two of the guys are UCONN grads and diehards, the other is Providence grad and he played baseball there - he is my age 67. I will be "gifting" the UCONN guys the Pirate Plank Walk. Have had the two UCONN brews (only thing you can drink at Gampel) and not impressed but I don't like IPA's. May be game because you guys are really banged up. Having a big man with foot issues is not a good thing. We'll see. I'm ready for Big East hoops. Hope you guys handle the Hubert Davis' tonight.
If they serve Pirate Plank at the Rock I may try it on the 20th. I'm burned out on IPAs as well, but when in Rome, right?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT