ADVERTISEMENT

United we don’t stand

lol... wtf. That is absurd.
They will stop at nothing to destroy Trump. How is that absurd? We lived through a series of impeachments, Russia gate and please don't have me name the rest of the BS. He's an ass but he rattled their cage really good and now he's going to pay the price. The political world is dirty plain and simple. I would love to think these are great men and women serving our country. I'm sure there's a few good ones, but come on absurd...no way.
In all honesty, he didn't give back items that were requested for months which were apparently significant enough to obtain a warrant to get them back. What were they supposed to do? Just let it go because it would divide the country?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.
What are the resources the IRS has now? Are these all new positions? Did the IRS request these resources? If so, why?... Why would a government agency hiring employees divide us other than some media outlet telling you that it should?
Do you remember Lois Lerner? The IRS effectively targeted Republicans and intimidated folks during the Obama administration. Intimidation equals division. As an accountant it should mean more work for you, but the rest of us are worried. As a small business owner the last thing you need is to be audited. We obviously disagree, I'm not for bigger government but totally understand why you would be.

That's the important part here.

His refusal to turn things over is what lead to the FBI at his home. That would not have happened if he cooperated. He didn't. That is 100% on him but you are thinking that HE is the victim because he is being treated differently... but he is being treated differently because he invited it.
I'm not disagreeing with that at all. Never did. All I said was he's not the first to take crap he shouldn't have taken, more specifically classified information. I don't think we had saints in the White House throughout the history of this great nation. Politics is all about power. And people with power think they're invincible and do shit they shouldn't do. We know a good number of Presidents have tried to cover things up when they could, to think none of them took anything classified, you'd have to be living in looney toon land.

It is reported that Obama left office with three million pages of documents. He promised to digitize them. Hasn't happened yet. When will they storm Martha's Vineyard?

The Obama foundation worked with the National archives to create an agreement to digitize millions of pages. These were all unclassified documents.

When you work WITH the national archives, and don't try to keep classified documents, they don't need to alert the DOJ to violations of law and you don't get your house raided. Pretty simple, you'd think.

Do they actually think evidence was planted by FBI? Do they think the former president should be above the law? Do they believe trump is telling the truth? Is there not enough evidence that trump is a habitual liar? You idiots believe him over that there is a big conspiracy made by all judges, agents, FBI and DOJ even those appointed by Trump instead of umm he is not a good dude and broke the law?

Wake up folks.
Is there not enough evidence that the FBI has acted in an unlawful way with regards to the Russian hoax? That they falsified FISA warrants, that they acted to suppress the Biden laptop and protect Joe Biden? STOP.... PLEASE STOP calling people idiots who are skeptical about the FBI after almost 7 years of these dirty.... very dirty activities by DOJ and FBI.

Reactions: Abbo71
They will stop at nothing to destroy Trump. How is that absurd? We lived through a series of impeachments, Russia gate and please don't have me name the rest of the BS. He's an ass but he rattled their cage really good and now he's going to pay the price. The political world is dirty plain and simple. I would love to think these are great men and women serving our country. I'm sure there's a few good ones, but come on absurd...no way.

You think they want to assassinate him because HE is the one that was not cooperating with the return of sensitive documents?

Do you remember Lois Lerner? The IRS effectively targeted Republicans and intimidated folks during the Obama administration. Intimidation equals division. As an accountant it should mean more work for you, but the rest of us are worried. As a small business owner the last thing you need is to be audited. We obviously disagree, I'm not for bigger government but totally understand why you would be.

I don't work in tax. The IRS having X number of employees has no bearing on me.

I have no idea what the right number for the agency is. Neither do you.

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Look for Trump to object to the release of the Search Warrant. That is very typical of Trump to complain, lie about what had happened while he has the biggest megaphone to speak about it. When it comes time to be open about the search warrant he will object because that information will hurt him.

I wish Garland would have sought to release the affidavit. That would have been great. He should have asked for that to really slam this criminal.

You think they want to assassinate him because HE is the one that was not cooperating with the return of sensitive documents?

I don't work in tax. The IRS having X number of employees has no bearing on me.

I have no idea what the right number for the agency is. Neither do you.
They are MORE than doubling the IRS. There are currently approx 77K or so and they are ADDING 87K. When they are done adding all these new agents, there will be more IRS agents than are in the Israeli Army. The original ad for agents was for those who would be able to carry a weapon and use deadly force if necessary. I don't think that applied to all new hires. It wasn't clear in the ad, but the IRS pulled that ad. Optics, you know. Why are they adding so many agents and spending so much money on them, 80 Billion. They should spend more on updating outdated IT systems.

It will have a bearing on every American tax payer, I'm afraid.

They are MORE than doubling the IRS. There are currently approx 77K or so and they are ADDING 87K. When they are done adding all these new agents, there will be more IRS agents than are in the Israeli Army. The original ad for agents was for those who would be able to carry a weapon and use deadly force if necessary. I don't think that applied to all new hires. It wasn't clear in the ad, but the IRS pulled that ad. Optics, you know. Why are they adding so many agents and spending so much money on them, 80 Billion. They should spend more on updating outdated IT systems and simplifying the tax code.

It will have a bearing on every American tax payer, I'm afraid. Certainly doesn't seem like they intend to simplify the tax code for the foreseeable future while they ramp up this mega agency. Seems like a flat tax would be the way to go.... but I digress.

They are MORE than doubling the IRS. There are currently approx 77K or so and they are ADDING 87K. When they are done adding all these new agents, there will be more IRS agents than are in the Israeli Army. The original ad for agents was for those who would be able to carry a weapon and use deadly force if necessary. I don't think that applied to all new hires. It wasn't clear in the ad, but the IRS pulled that ad. Optics, you know. Why are they adding so many agents and spending so much money on them, 80 Billion. They should spend more on updating outdated IT systems.

The IRS had been understaffed for way too many years. This allowed the very wealthy to get away with a lot. This scare tactic is such nonsense.

• Haha

They are adding 87,000 employees over 10 years, a lot of whom will be replacing retiring employees

Apparently not doubling but expected to net about an additional 30k employees (all types) over ten years.

Considering that will be about the same number of employees as they had in 1990, when the us had about 80 million less citizens… maybe the additional staffing is reasonable?

Yes. Some IRS agents carry weapons. They are part of the criminal investigation team.

They will be spending more on updating their IT systems. That’s part of this.

Is there not enough evidence that the FBI has acted in an unlawful way with regards to the Russian hoax? That they falsified FISA warrants, that they acted to suppress the Biden laptop and protect Joe Biden? STOP.... PLEASE STOP calling people idiots who are skeptical about the FBI after almost 7 years of these dirty.... very dirty activities by DOJ and FBI.
Almost every sentence that comes out of Trumps mouth is a lie but let’s believe him over all the individuals of the FBI and DOJ riiiiiiiiighhht, makes sense 🤣

Reactions: chickenbox
With BLM- trump supporters - “we stand with law enforcement.”

With Trump - “Trump is innocent, the biggest law enforcement agencies of our nation, the FBI and DOJ, have to be corrupt”, wait what?

Get out of the Trump cult while you still can people, good lord!

silly because you have the exact opposite of the left. Defund the police was actually a real idea to get behind at one point. Now we love the law enforcement. Wait what? Both sides play the same game. Comical that you only see it one way.

silly because you have the exact opposite of the left. Defund the police was actually a real idea to get behind at one point. Now we love the law enforcement. Wait what? Both sides play the same game. Comical that you only see it one way.
First Defund the police didn’t come from me or the sitting President. He is open about funding the police.

Second, I’m not left or democrat sooo what your next deflection to reality buddy?

Answer the question at hand without deflecting, do you trust trump over the FBI and DOJ? And if so, why?

First Defund the police didn’t come from me or the sitting President. He is open about funding the police.

Second, I’m not left or democrat sooo what your next deflection to reality buddy?

Answer the question at hand without deflecting, do you trust trump over the FBI and DOJ? And if so, why?
first it doesn’t have to come from the president to be a point of view of one side of the aisle. Just odd there was a leaked Democratic call after the 2020 election to take those views off the table. But because it didn’t come from you or Biden I don’t see why they had such a call?

Second what you are has nothing to do with you seeing one side.

third I have the wonderful option of Trump a typical lying politician or 2 agencies that have been a bunch of political puppets for the last decade or so. Kinda like asking someone if they like fresh piss or vomit in their morning corn flakes, I wouldn’t pick either. But apparently you like one more than the other.

first it doesn’t have to come from the president to be a point of view of one side of the aisle.

Second what you are has nothing to do with you seeing one side.

third I have the wonderful option of Trump a proven liar or 2 agencies that have been a bunch of political puppets for the last decade or so. Kinda like asking someone if they like fresh piss or vomit in their morning corn flakes, I wouldn’t pick either.
Isn’t much of the noise about the FBI being a political puppet coming from the proven liar and his cronies? Sooo, maybe we should let it play out at least instead siding with Trump and calling the raids being unwarranted and attacking the integrity of the FBI and DOJ? Seems like a fair compromise, no?

Isn’t much of the noise about the FBI being a political puppet coming from the proven liar and his cronies? Sooo, maybe we should let it play out at least instead siding with Trump and calling the raids being unwarranted and attacking the integrity of the FBI and DOJ? Seems like a fair compromise, no?
Or you could’ve paid attention to the last 15 years and made an assessment. Maybe should we all hit the reset button pretend the last 15 years never happened wait for this trump case to play out and just make new assessments with clear minds as if they are starting brand new. Where in my post did I side with Trump. I basically said we have 2 sides that are putting information out there that I don’t trust.

Last edited:
Apparently not doubling but expected to net about an additional 30k employees (all types) over ten years.

Considering that will be about the same number of employees as they had in 1990, when the us had about 80 million less citizens… maybe the additional staffing is reasonable?

Yes. Some IRS agents carry weapons. They are part of the criminal investigation team.

They will be spending more on updating their IT systems. That’s part of this.
Hasn’t technology and AI advanced over 3+ decades where we should only need a fraction of the auditors? I have no idea of the rationale for the additional positions but if you’re comparing productivity per person from 32 years ago that’s pretty weak.

Or you could’ve paid attention to the last 15 years and made an assessment. Maybe should we all hit the reset button pretend the last 15 years never happened wait for this trump case to play out and just make new assessments with clear minds as if they are starting brand new.
Yeah man totally agree, dude Hunter’s bidens laptop man.

The system is so corrupt, that the best among police officers and military that becomes FBI agents have to be the guilty party, all of them, the whole system….the habitual liar in Trump must be innocent as default, perfect logic 🤣

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Yeah man totally agree, dude Hunter’s bidens laptop man.

The system is so corrupt, that the best among police officers and military that becomes FBI agents have to be the guilty party, all of them, the whole system….the habitual liar in Trump must be innocent as default, perfect logic 🤣
You must be chugging the boones farm tonight. I’ve said multiple times I wouldn’t pick either side to trust but you can’t comprehend that.

You must be chugging the boones farm tonight. I’ve said multiple times I wouldn’t pick either side to trust but you can’t comprehend that.
You literally said that Trump is being treating unfairly by the standards of others…

I disagree, I think he is being treated with white gloves and better than most Americans including Hillary Clinton.

You literally said that Trump is being treating unfairly by the standards of others…

I disagree, I think he is being treated with white gloves and better than most Americans including Hillary Clinton.
Keep drinking buddy because your question was whether or not I trust Trump over the FBI and DOJ. That’s been the route you wanted to go and that’s what we’ve been talking about. Have another one. 4 drinks ago you asked me to answer without deflecting and that’s what I did. If you got tipsy after drink 1 and changed the conversation in your head I can’t help you there.

Last edited:
Hasn’t technology and AI advanced over 3+ decades where we should only need a fraction of the auditors? I have no idea of the rationale for the additional positions but if you’re comparing productivity per person from 32 years ago that’s pretty weak.

This isn’t an actual analysis here… Just saying the IRS bringing their workforce to 1990 levels might not actually be something that should be tearing us apart.

I have no idea about what the “right” number of employees would be for the agency. Just pointing out that buying into this being a bad thing is just believing partisan rhetoric. The rhetoric does far more to tear us apart than an IRS audit.

And yes, technology has improved immensely… that doesn’t necessarily mean they need less people. They probably needed an insignificant IT staff in 1990, and now that would need to be significantly larger. Maybe they need to staff a new crypto division. Maybe the growth in the population requires more service staff in the call center. Etc etc etc…. Unless you know the inner workings, you probably can’t have much of an opinion on the topic. If you’re mad that they are hiring people, stop consuming news from wherever it is that convinced you to be mad.

The IRS had been understaffed for way too many years. This allowed the very wealthy to get away with a lot. This scare tactic is such nonsense.
They will be coming after businesses they have power over. Small to medium size businesses that cannot afford to defend themselves. Are you kidding they are doubling their size. They can park an agent at every major company in America and still have 70,000 employees left. We are talking 80 billion. I hope you never have to get audited. It’s a horrible experience for a small business owner.

Keep drinking buddy because your question was whether or not I trust Trump over the FBI and DOJ. That’s been the route you wanted to go and that’s what we’ve been talking about. Have another one. 4 drinks ago you asked me to answer without deflecting and that’s what I did.
Sorry you can’t connect the dots there. Do you trust Trump vs DOJ/FBI more and is Trump being treated unfairly by DOJ/FBI compared to others, seems like it connects well to me.

Oh well. At least some here are starting to realize that he lies all the time, I’ll take that for a win for sanity and truth in the era of misinformation.

Last edited:
Sorry you can’t connect the dots there. Do your trust Trump vs DOJ/FBI more and is Trump being treated unfairly by DOJ/FBI compared to others, seems like it connects well to me.

Oh well. At least some here are starting to realize that he lies all the time, I’ll take that for a win for sanity and truth in the era of misinformation.
The dots only connect if you’re smashed. One question has nothing to do with the other.

I am no fan of Hillary but at least she answered Questions and did not take the 5th countless times like Trump .

FBI looking for classified nuclear docs in mar a lago. if thats true thats one of the largest crimes he could muster. wasnt he hanging with saudis last week?

but hunter bidens laptop, hillarys emails wahhh

• Haha
This isn’t an actual analysis here… Just saying the IRS bringing their workforce to 1990 levels might not actually be something that should be tearing us apart.

I have no idea about what the “right” number of employees would be for the agency. Just pointing out that buying into this being a bad thing is just believing partisan rhetoric. The rhetoric does far more to tear us apart than an IRS audit.

And yes, technology has improved immensely… that doesn’t necessarily mean they need less people. They probably needed an insignificant IT staff in 1990, and now that would need to be significantly larger. Maybe they need to staff a new crypto division. Maybe the growth in the population requires more service staff in the call center. Etc etc etc…. Unless you know the inner workings, you probably can’t have much of an opinion on the topic. If you’re mad that they are hiring people, stop consuming news from wherever it is that convinced you to be mad.
I’m not mad about it at all; just responding to your justification of comparing numbers from over thirty years ago as being “reasonable”. You just made more assumptions above without knowing the inner workings of the department. You would know better than me, but in general, it seems like accounting/auditing jobs are decreasing and projected to decrease due to AI and tech.

Personally, I don’t see this as an issue to attack or defend. There are so many other more important things we should be focusing on like crime, illegal immigrants, etc.

I’m not mad about it at all; just responding to your justification of comparing numbers from over thirty years ago as being “reasonable”. You just made more assumptions above without knowing the inner workings of the department. You would know better than me, but in general, it seems like accounting/auditing jobs are decreasing and projected to decrease due to AI and tech.

Personally, I don’t see this as an issue to attack or defend. There are so many other more important things we should be focusing on like crime, illegal immigrants, etc.

And if you read the thread, you’d see that was exactly my point when I said….

“Not sure what that has to do with anything. What are the resources the IRS has now? Are these all new positions? Did the IRS request these resources? If so, why?... Why would a government agency hiring employees divide us other than some media outlet telling you that it should?”

I’m not saying it is reasonable. Just saying maybe there are reasons why it is, and without knowing - it shouldn’t be something that we let the media spin as some divisive, fearmongoring story.

• Haha
And if you read the thread, you’d see that was exactly my point when I said….

“Not sure what that has to do with anything. What are the resources the IRS has now? Are these all new positions? Did the IRS request these resources? If so, why?... Why would a government agency hiring employees divide us other than some media outlet telling you that it should?”

I’m not saying it is reasonable. Just saying maybe there are reasons why it is, and without knowing - it shouldn’t be something that we let the media spin as some divisive, fearmongoring story.
Lol… All the MSM does today on both sides is spin and fearmonger.

You were providing a bunch of assumptions to justify the addition of employees and I just challenged one of them. No reason to get defensive.

I’m sober so maybe I have to get smashed to figure out why you think it doesn’t connect 🤷🏻‍♂️
Or you can just think logically. There’s 3 different answers to who do you trust more trump or the fbi. Trump, the fbi, or both the same. No matter how you answer that question you can answer to do you think trump is being treated fairly either yes or no. You’re not locked in to one answer to the second question based on your answer to the first question. There’s no dots to connect.

FBI looking for classified nuclear docs in mar a lago. if thats true thats one of the largest crimes he could muster. wasnt he hanging with saudis last week?

but hunter bidens laptop, hillarys emails wahhh
If that’s true, if anything is true. Famous words these days. If it’s true we should hang him on the nightly news. That surely would drive the ratings thru the roof. I’m sure it came from reliable sources and given enough time to play out the truth will be known. It’s a disturbing troubling acknowledgement for a former President to be involved with the Saudis. Anyway you look at it critics say it’s an immoral unjustifiable act of collusion. Sorry having fun with words, not trying to protect Trump, just showing how this BS works. Both sides all the time never ends. If it’s true is one of my personal favorites.

If that’s true, if anything is true. Famous words these days. If it’s true we should hang him on the nightly news. That surely would drive the ratings thru the roof. I’m sure it came from reliable sources and given enough time to play out the truth will be known. It’s a disturbing troubling acknowledgement for a former President to be involved with the Saudis. Anyway you look at it critics say it’s an immoral unjustifiable act of collusion. Sorry having fun with words, not trying to protect Trump, just showing how this BS works. Both sides all the time never ends. If it’s true is one of my personal favorites.

Yet, knowing none of the story, you were convinced enough that this was unwarranted that you took your flag down?

Yet, knowing none of the story, you were convinced enough that this was unwarranted that you took your flag down?
Yes because I’m sick of the childish behavior on both sides. The bar just keeps getting raised and the division getting bigger. Next the republicans jump in an raid Joe Biden’s house when they are in control. We are painting a picture of division in America for the whole world to see. Don’t think this is going to end well. This garbage should bother everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT