ADVERTISEMENT

Wear a mask

You've been clear.
The recent surges in certain areas impacting health systems is not sufficient enough to warrant additional sympathy from you over what you normally feel for healthcare workers. It is for me. The end.
How many times have I stated that I have the utmost respect for frontline healthcare workers (and providing assistance to them). I guess not enough for you. Hence the reading comprehension comment...."The end"...lol

Reading comprehension is not a strength of yours. Enjoy the day.
Reading comprehension and nuance, not your strong suit.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Your reading comprehension continues to be abysmal.

Reading comprehension was never your strength.

Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Reading comprehension is not your forte.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem.

Perhaps you are too skilled a writer for Piratecrew. Maybe you could dumb it down for the rest of us.

Then why interject when I say I feel bad for the ones who have to deal with the surges?
I’m sorry I did…you can go feel as bad as you want to. Didn’t realize you were that sensitive. Sheesh.

OK, this post may have registered high on the creep-meter... that level of quotation and back-looking made me shiver.
I’ve been saying mental health issues are increasing….

OK, this post may have registered high on the creep-meter... that level of quotation and back-looking made me shiver.

Definitely required serious effort, but still hilarious.

Reactions: sami
@Merge here's the official link. I told you months ago we would be wearing masks at the rock this November. You said no. The rock will definitely follows the RACS rules. Face coverings will be required for basketball games at the rac this season.

@Merge here's the official link. I told you months ago we would be wearing masks at the rock this November. You said no. The rock will definitely follows the RACS rules. Face coverings will be required for basketball games at the rac this season.

@Merge @kniespolice Like I have said before. My opinion hasn't changed. We will still be wearing masks for years. Merge thought the need for mitigation was over. But the government just won't let go. Rutgers is already making face coverings mandatory for next seasons basketball ball games. It appears I will be right about mask wearing at Seton hall games this year. We will be wearing masks at the rock for at least the next 5 years.

Merge was right in May but he (and many others including myself) underestimated the many enlightened people in ours society that didn’t take this thing seriously, in some cases ever.

Specifically behaviors like not vaccinating, not masking indoors, pushing antivax messages to others, and not sacrificing for our communities and families more at risk.

Now we heading in the wrong direction again and masks are back in most places.

I’m just glad SHUfan1993 is finally vaccinated. I call that a small win for humanity.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Merge was right in May but he (and many others including myself) underestimated the many enlightened people in ours society that didn’t take this thing seriously, in some cases ever.

Specifically behaviors like not vaccinating, not masking indoors, pushing antivax messages to others, and not sacrificing for our communities and families more at risk.

I’m just glad SHUfan1993 is finally vaccinated. I call that a small win for humanity.

Merge wasn't right. He said we would be back to normal and we wouldn't need masks. That's not correct

How do you think this winter will look? Do you think their will be fan restrictions at the rock again?

Merge wasn't right. He said we would be back to normal and we wouldn't need masks. That's not correct

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. I don’t really care about being right. Like I said, my opinion is we don’t need them since enough of the state is vaccinated. I can’t control what a private business does.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. I don’t really care about being right. Like I said, my opinion is we don’t need them since enough of the state is vaccinated. I can’t control what a private business does.

Our own state government will be mandating masks soon. Get out of your shell. They don't care about vaccination rates. Its just control

Merge was right then, shu1993 is right now. Data evolves…

COVID-19 is now an issue for unvaccinated AND vaccinated. Still much worse for unvaccinated obviously. So through luck and evolving data (which shu1993 couldn’t have known at the time) shu1993 turned out to be right with time.

The change with the CDC and mask guidance came about bc now there is evidence that show it IS possible to not just carry covid-19 if vaccinated but spread the disease too with Delta variant which is like 80% of cases now (Delta has much higher viral load I think double the other variants).

Vaccines still do a great job in protecting individual from severe disease very well but in my opinion bc I have kids, one of the worst news we could get (that I could spread it to others still). I was super happy knowing i couldn’t spread it to others if vaccinated with earlier reports.

Sooo, if you don’t care about others, particularly unvaccinated others you surround yourself with, the pandemic is over if you are vaccinated (and get the third booster shot 6-12 months from original ones that is 😆). I think Merge cares about others so he is wrong.

IMHO, I think it will spike up more for a few weeks than slow down around the start of school. If kids are masked in school I think it will flatten a little in fall. If they are unmasked like in southern states not allowing it, it will spike again putting us in an ongoing roller coaster ride we can’t get off for at least 3-6 months more.

Those mask haters should really put their anger on the unvaccinated and individuals advancing antivax sentiment than to the CDC and local officials putting mask mandates and guidance in place to protect us.

COVID-19 is now an issue for unvaccinated AND vaccinated. Still much worse for unvaccinated obviously. So through luck and evolving data (which shu1993 couldn’t have known at the time) shu1993 turned out to be right with time.

The change with the CDC and mask guidance came about bc now there is evidence that show it IS possible to not just carry covid-19 if vaccinated but spread the disease too with Delta variant which is like 80% of cases now (Delta has much higher viral load I think double the other variants).

Vaccines still do a great job in protecting individual from severe disease very well but in my opinion bc I have kids, one of the worst news we could get (that I could spread it to others still). I was super happy knowing i couldn’t spread it to others if vaccinated with earlier reports.

Sooo, if you don’t care about others, particularly unvaccinated others you surround yourself with, the pandemic is over if you are vaccinated (and get the third booster shot 6-12 months from original ones that is 😆). I think Merge cares about others so he is wrong.

IMHO, I think it will spike up more for a few weeks than slow down around the start of school. If kids are masked in school I think it will flatten a little in fall. If they are unmasked like in southern states not allowing it, it will spike again putting us in an ongoing roller coaster ride we can’t get off for at least 3-6 months more.

Those mask haters should really put their anger on the unvaccinated and individuals advancing antivax sentiment than to the CDC and local officials putting mask mandates and guidance in place to protect us.
Thank you for confirming I was right! I have been warning this board since the beginning america will never get 70% people vaccinated. We will level out at around 60%. Not nearly enough for herd immunity. Unfortunately we will be in and out of restrictions/mitigation efforts for a few years.

Disagree that we won’t get to 70%. I’m optimistic we will get there in a few months.

Majority of Americans are okay with restrictions for the unvaccinated now so everyone else can live more freely.

Vaccine passports, employer vaccine requirements, venue restrictions for vaccinated are going to be ramping up. Federal requirements like VA medical workers. We just need full FDA approval and legal council at businesses around the country will be okay signing off on it.

Many repubs that were anti vaccine are less so now and almost promoting it in there states (more anti mask than anti vaccine which is an improvement).

Kids under 12 get EUAs September, fda will have full approvals out at latest January but more likely way before that and as early as August.

70% can be done by January IMHO

Thank you for confirming I was right! I have been warning this board since the beginning america will never get 70% people vaccinated. We will level out at around 60%. Not nearly enough for herd immunity. Unfortunately we will be in and out of restrictions/mitigation efforts for a few years.

Disagree that we won’t get to 70%. I’m optimistic we will get there in a few months.

Majority of Americans are okay with restrictions for the unvaccinated now so everyone else can live more freely.

Vaccine passports, employer vaccine requirements, venue restrictions for vaccinated are going to be ramping up. Federal requirements like VA medical workers. We just need full FDA approval and legal council at businesses around the country will be okay signing off on it.

Many repubs that were anti vaccine are less so now and almost promoting it in there states (more anti mask than anti vaccine which is an improvement).

Kids under 12 get EUAs September, fda will have full approvals out at latest January but more likely way before that and as early as August.

70% can be done by January IMHO

If any of that draconian, dystopian nonsense happens then this is no longer America. Just call it China West or the United States of China. The US is about freedom, not surveillance and authoritarianism.

If I am ever subject to a vaccine mandate, I would regrettably have to consider ending my life. Would not be worth living in a society like that. People who destroy liberty for some fake illusion of "safety" deserve neither.

How about another poll?

How about another poll?
A poll on what? Will we get to 70% of Americans vaccinated? Maybe I will.

The tough part will be 20 % of Americans are under 18 I think. Let’s say we get half (10% of total) of kids under 18, we need 80% of adults. There are legit reasons some can’t get vaccine, most are uninformed (disinformed) IMHO.

If we have a lot of sh09s out there that who would rather die than be vaccinated and help humanity, it may be a problem. Unfortunately we need companies to step up and require it. I don’t think fed gov would require it to non federal employees.

If any of that draconian, dystopian nonsense happens then this is no longer America. Just call it China West or the United States of China. The US is about freedom, not surveillance and authoritarianism.

If I am ever subject to a vaccine mandate, I would regrettably have to consider ending my life. Would not be worth living in a society like that. People who destroy liberty for some fake illusion of "safety" deserve neither.
Please do not kill youself bc federal won’t mandate it to all of its citizens. However it isn’t unprecedented, the federal gov has already mandated a polio vaccine in the past and protecting ones citizens is very American. You can also say if freedom is so important than you would want the vaccine to limit masks, testing, shut downs and quarantines. Give us our freedom back and get vaccinated!
7f66d4a4062d6e08680c9d92baceee26.jpg

Are you pro choice too? My body my choice? Just curious.

59447504.jpg

This is bonkers. You should definitely not do what you said here.

Reactions: HallBall02
the federal gov has already mandated a polio vaccine
7f66d4a4062d6e08680c9d92baceee26.jpg
When was polio vax developed and if over a time period, when?

which agencies approved the polio vax and when?

in which year did a state or more local government mandate the vax?

in which year did fed gov mandate the polio vax?

Reactions: shu09

Small pox

When was polio vax developed and if over a time period, when?

which agencies approved the polio vax and when?

in which year did a state or more local government mandate the vax?

in which year did fed gov mandate the polio vax?

Small pox

Hold on. You advised us the polio vax was mandated. I’m asking about that process.
We can cover small pox and the impact on children after you cover polio.
Then maybe we can cover other topics like sterilization.

Don't know how serious you are about that and while I don't think you should be mandated to take the vaccine, you should probably talk to a therapist about your concerns.

If that's not our thing, not that I'm qualified but I'm happy to meet up in person for a beer, coffee, smoothie or whatever. Just don't let it get to that point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT