ADVERTISEMENT

MICHIGAN GAME THREAD

We're in this game, but we will not win it without more from Richmond. He needs to step up.

Gotta be better on rebounding and loose balls. Too many opportunities for Michigan.

Watch Brooks for Michigan. He does a lot for them, not always with the ball in his hands.

Down 3 away. Got to set up some drives to the basket. Team is representing well. Let’s keep the intensity high. Defense will win this.

Very strange half. Down 3 is not awful.
Our guards are not playing well at all. The transfers are rattled and having a tough time. Ike, Rhoden and Jackson look very strong., The 2 PGs have to play smarter in the second half.

Down 3 at the half....could have been worse but with a little more hustle and brains (i.e. less 3's & more passing), we should be up. Lets see what adjustments Willard makes (if any). Looks like we are deeper so maybe that will help down the stretch.

Come out tough in the second half!! Richmond must take control!! We can win this! Dickenson seems winded run him hard!!

They're killing us on the boards and in the paint, despite all the blocks. Need to find a way to change that. Or go +5 on threes again in the second half.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Down 3 at the half....could have been worse but with a little more hustle and brains (i.e. less 3's & more passing), we should be up. Lets see what adjustments Willard makes (if any). Looks like we are deeper so many that will help down the stretch.
Gonna have to earn that chiropractor nickname.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
Really tough last couple minutes of that half. I feel like we dodged a bullet with Houstan missing that open three at the buzzer. I've watched Michigan this season and he wasn't missing that shot in the Prairie View game. In this game, three points seems like so much.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
3 Point D is good-- we should be more physical --we have the people - they are packing the lane so Nova them-- gotta want the ball

Dickinson is an impressive passer. When he’s at the top of the key we should play off him and make him shoot. Collapse down

Reactions: shupat08
I don’t mind Samuel being aggressive. It will come in time where he finishes. He’s driving with aggression just not going up strong enough. Our bigs have always played like guards with high difficulty spin it off backboard shots. Get above the rim and thrown it down. I don’t care big you draw charge.. go up strong and next time they won’tbe so eager to get in your way.

Tyrese and yetna gotta stay in the paint. Thsts where we need points. Tyrese seems like he doesnt like to mix it up past 2 years

Reactions: silkcitypirate
As a refresher, Harris played a year or two at Minnesota. He’s actually played in this building before. Yetna has played in great atmospheres in Memphis, Houston (which just went to the Final Four), Wichita State, and SMU. Richmond played a whole year int the ACC. They have all seen this before.,

It looks like Kevin has to shorten the rotation in the second half. It may not be Richmond’s night. Aiken, Cale, Rhoden, Jackson, and Ike look like they are dialed in. Aiken too has to make better decisions, but take the open shot when available.

Reactions: shupat08
Our rebounding sucks way to many 2nd and 3rd chance pts. for them Richmond has been disappointing so far.

I don’t know…but Richmond’s game looks a little lazy tonight
Yeah. He is not playing well. Btw. I am kidding on 3’s. Doubt they have solid season without better inside play. Think Rhoden and Jackson will be solid around rim all year. Plus, need to use Ike and Yetna down low.

Down 3 at the half....could have been worse but with a little more hustle and brains (i.e. less 3's & more passing), we should be up. Lets see what adjustments Willard makes (if any). Looks like we are deeper so maybe that will help down the stretch.
Stop with the 3’s. We’re sitting close to 40%.

I’ll take down three at the half.
Get a damn loose ball.
I don’t mind Samuel being aggressive. It will come in time where he finishes. He’s driving with aggression just not going up strong enough. Our bigs have always played like guards with high difficulty spin it off backboard shots. Get above the rim and thrown it down. I don’t care big you draw charge.. go up strong and next time they won’tbe so eager to get in your way.
Down by a 3.....no foul trouble. It’s there for the taking. Take and make open shots....get the 50/50 balls.....it’s ours to win....Game on!!

Let's figure out Tyrese's game some other day, not tonight.

Max out Aiken at the point and mix in Richmond a little. Feed Rhoden and play Cale.

Reactions: TomWall
I think Samuel is competing on defense, but it’s just not his natural position. Give Michigan credit too. They run that play to perfection.

Look, we’re down 3 at the half to the #4 team in the country and actually look like the better team. They need to clean some things up at the half. Isn’t Willard the master of 3nd half adjustments?

There was a jump ball in the 1st half....we should have had the ball to start the half unless I missed something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT