ADVERTISEMENT

SHU vs Stanford Game Thread

The loss of IW and DG might be looming larger than expected in terms of intangibles/leadership/intensity.

Also, perimeter defense sorely lacking. Opposing guards penetrate far too easily and get way too many open jump shots. Puts a lot of pressure defensively on the front court when there's no one stopping the ball.

We're lucky Stanford can't buy a three ball, or we'd be down 5-6 points easy.

I thought this was supposed to be "the team after whitehead"? Like "the team after Bryant".

That's Atleast what everyone on here and Hall line have been saying.

Still early in the season....

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
This looks like the same team that pulled a no show at Gergia two years ago.

Absolutely pathetic performance.

Hard to see a come back coming, they just don't look like they want it. Hard to watch.

Why does Delgado wait until three defenders are on him to pass? And I'll never understand why our rebounders don't work harder to box out - Stanford just gets in front of our guys and gets the put backs. Jerry walker was undersized, but was a master at the box out.

Failing the mental toughness test. Playing like underclass men instead of upperclassmen.

It is going to be a long year. Jones is not a 25-30 mpg player, Powell plays very little D and we have no PF. This is a poor Stanford team and they are just playing harder with more fundamentals. Need one of the Juniors to step in and lead.

Hope we spend the week learning to box out. This is who we are this year. I don't see a drastic improvement

Even going back to last year, this group has had trouble battling back from adversity. There were few exceptions, but in games where they've fallen behind, Delgado and Desi are not the rallying types. Carrington kind of, but one guy can't rally an entire team from an awful performance.

Reactions: Piratz
we are more athletic. where are the off ball screens to open guys up? just move off ball, try harder.

This team is not mentally tough as soon as one call doesn't go they're way they cry and complain and just stop trying pathetic

All of Khadeen;s shots are short and Desi cannot do anything without fumbling the ball.

This reminds me of the Gonzaga game in the tourney last year when the altitude and the BET hangover had us totally gassed and out of sync.

We looked good the first 12 or so minutes of the game. Team lost any and all rhythm once Willard started with a mass sub.

I know he made the bucket, but carrington does not use the pick too many times and it causes a cluster F alot.

Need to go for high percentage shots now. Powell is off tonight, work it inside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT