ADVERTISEMENT

SHU vs Stanford Game Thread

this seton hall team isnt good. we have nothing down low, delgado has shown nothing so far and has no backup. we also have poooooor attitudes and our coach wont even let them play when they are hot. kill me.

AHHHH-- Our fan base is so amazing... Maybe just maybe we tossed a dud today I am not Fing but holy hell.

There's no way that a group of players this talented can get beat in all aspects of the game this bad. This is pathetic. And it's on the coaches. The players look lost.

Reactions: catholicman
No real adjustments either, Willard pulled a total no show tonight. Nzei was solid but after him every player played at their lowest potential. Total dumpster fire. I truly believe this we're better than Stamford but they came to play, we didn't.

Catholic- your word is always taken with a grain a salt but ATM did you just say total dumpster fire? Hope your not wasting money on tickets cause we could use less of you.

Reactions: theaterman
This is a team of upperclassmen. If it doesn't get better this year then we'll see the same next year. Same offense for years

Devastating tournament.

Hopefully lights a fire under their asses

We need to consider focusing our recruiting on the front court ASAP for next year. We can't wait until 2018

Reactions: deheremike
Folks- no doubt tonight wasn't A+ but to bitch and moan every loss is petty. Fill your asses in the seats, thats it. If you can't do that that than sssshhh...

Stanford is better, stronger and smarter in all facets of the game.

They are also tougher.

Our guys are upper classmen now. No excuses.

Or maybe our guys are just not that good against above average competition.

Folks- no doubt tonight wasn't A+ but to bitch and moan every loss is petty. Fill your asses in the seats, thats it. If you can't do that that than sssshhh...
Guess you missed the rest of this lost weekend...

We're just not that good. It's not like we're not used to it...

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think this game was and will be an anomaly. The team played poorly in every facet of the game, I can't see that happening again, at the very least, not to that extent.

We will see what type of coach KW is this year. He had a pro with IW and maybe a 2nd one with Carrington (Europe). After those 2, can we really say we have another professional on the roster? Desi and Delgado do not yet bring it every night and Ang does not have a consistent left hand a no jumping lift from the post. Nova and X have a couple of future pros and Creighton the best coach in the league. Butler is improving. Let's hope this is fatigue and not a sign of what is to come.

Reactions: catholicman
This game was made much tougher Friday by not putting Quinipiac away and having to play Khadeen, Desi and Nzei far too many minutes. After playing a tough, physical game against all of the Linebackers Florida had, we were forced to push our regulars far too hard with no rest. Add in that Ish and his 30 minutes per game is out and it's a recipe for what happend tonight.

The one guy I thought could give more was Powell after playing just 16 mins vs Q but he did sprain his ankle and have to remember he's only a freshman so there will be games like today.

No real adjustments either, Willard pulled a total no show tonight. Nzei was solid but after him every player played at their lowest potential. Total dumpster fire. I truly believe this we're better than Stamford but they came to play, we didn't.

What's crazy is Willard clearly had them fired up and focused to start the game. They came out and played the best 12-15 minute stretch of basketball that they have in six games to date. Hands were up on defense, guys were active and there was a LOT of talking and communication on the floor and from the bench. You could hear it on the TV broadcast.

Then everything went south, pretty much at the snap of a finger. I don't know what to make of it. The last 25 minutes of this game looked like the 2012-13 team.

Chalk this up to a bad game by virtually all of our key players. We missed plenty of open looks that guys will typically make. The flip side to that is (a) I don't think Stanford is that good and (b) they shot horrifically from behind the arc as well, and I'm sure their fan base is saying that even if we had hit our normal percentage, they still would have won easy had they shot a bit more akin to what they typically do.

Said it above, but surprised we didn't find ways to use our athleticism more in this game. Stanford had the size edge, but their guards didn't look that comfortable handling the ball when facing pressure and we were more athletic at almost every spot for most of the game.

What's crazy is Willard clearly had them fired up and focused to start the game. They came out and played the best 12-15 minute stretch of basketball that they have in six games to date. Hands were up on defense, guys were active and there was a LOT of talking and communication on the floor and from the bench. You could hear it on the TV broadcast.

Then everything went south, pretty much at the snap of a finger. I don't know what to make of it. The last 25 minutes of this game looked like the 2012-13 team.

No heart IW and DG were the heart and soul of this team and no one has stepped up to take their place

Reactions: mbraue
The team has not been the same since the Florida game, imo. Not sure why as they played well in that game and no shame in losing it either. Florida is legit this year.

I truly believe this we're better than Stamford but they came to play, we didn't.
We came to play. The first 12-13 minutes we played very well on both sides of the ball then we hit a brick wall. Khadeen and Desi were totally and completely drained, they didn't have the juice to use their athleticism the way they have in every other game this year.

Khadeen almost got stuffed by the rim trying to dunk on a breakaway and front-rimmed several shots. He's been walking the ball up the court since early in the Quinipiac game. Desi was fumbling, bumbling and falling all over the place, clearly did not have his legs under him. He's not that clumsy. Powell couldn't buy a shot and Angel was taken out of the offense with double teams. That's it! That is our offense, 4 players.

For the 2nd game in a row we had barely any assists - 5 in total to go with 23 Turnovers. 4 of our starters had 4 TOs, we couldn't even dribble. Our lack of depth with Ish out and 3rd game in 4 days did us in. Wasn't a lack of effort.

Maybe because Sanago was hurt from the point the Florida game went south?

Some of these guys fall apart way too easily when things aren't going well. That's a big problem.

Last year's team had the Long Beach State game, and also didn't play well at George Washington either at this point in the year.

There's plenty of time to get things right, but everyone -- players and coaches -- still have to do a better job going forward.

Reactions: shu09
The team has not been the same since the Florida game, imo. Not sure why as they played well in that game and no shame in losing it either. Florida is legit this year.
Because they played a hard-fought, physical game then had to play again less than 24 hours later. Add in losing Ish's minutes and intensity ((even though injured) and that is why they were spent today. That's why Willard's been toying with a zone defense a lot and why he played some new bench players today. I would have rather seen him try to play the bench vs Q and save some juice for the starters for today but we trailed early vs Q which made it tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT