ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

Indeed, we are. It would obviously carry more weight from a health expert though.

Maybe just chime in and let 09 know he is a bit misguided here and vaccines do help more people than just those who have received them?

So let's say you and I are friends. We go to the Seton Hall game. You have the vaccine, I don't. How does you having the vaccine help me?

Indeed, we are. It would obviously carry more weight from a health expert though.

Maybe just chime in and let 09 know he is a bit misguided here and vaccines do help more people than just those who have received them?
Two gold stars for you.
Keep your gold stars and help out your fellow man by dispelling inaccurate statements from folks that respect your opinion.

But you don’t believe I’m a healthcare expert, so what’s the point?

Not to belabor a point? What's the definition of a healthcare expert? Who qualifies?

So let's say you and I are friends. We go to the Seton Hall game. You have the vaccine, I don't. How does you having the vaccine help me?

I'll make it easier.
Lets say we took a car ride to the game, and I was in contact with someone who was infected previously. Me being vaccinated means that there is less of a chance that I would pass the virus on to you.

But you don’t believe I’m a healthcare expert, so what’s the point?

I never said that.
I have even said you have the most industry knowledge of anyone on this board previously.

Regardless of my opinion though, the point is that shu09 trusts you in regards to healthcare

Reactions: chickenbox
I thought this was patently obvious but apparently not to you. If I am vaccinated, there is 93% chance that I will not be infected by the virus and thus infecting your non-vaccinated person. The more people are vaccinated helps you exponentially.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I have no horse in this race, but you couldn’t be more wrong.
Being in healthcare and in public health are not the same.
Sorry but there is no way he is in public health and that is what he eluded to in a previous post.

Somebody that deals with public health would be more passionate than me with promoting messages that promote good public health.

For instance, I’m in healthcare working closely with public health officials but I am not considered public health myself.

Not to belabor a point? What's the definition of a healthcare expert? Who qualifies?
Not healthcare expert, he said public health, big subset of healthcare.

the health of the population as a whole, especially as the subject of government regulation and support.
"chlorine has been used to disinfect water supplies to protect public health"

the branch of medicine dealing with public health, including hygiene, epidemiology, and disease prevention.
"these diseases are of great interest in the field of public health"

Last edited:
I'll make it easier.
Lets say we took a car ride to the game, and I was in contact with someone who was infected previously. Me being vaccinated means that there is less of a chance that I would pass the virus on to you.

I could see that, but there needs to be more study done on it.

I thought this was patently obvious but apparently not to you. If I am vaccinated, there is 93% chance that I will not be infected by the virus and thus infecting your non-vaccinated person. The more people are vaccinated helps you exponentially.

Vaccinated people can still carry and transmit the virus. It has been proven. The vaccine lessens the severity of your illness if you happen to develop symptoms.

I never said that.
I have even said you have the most industry knowledge of anyone on this board previously.

Regardless of my opinion though, the point is that shu09 trusts you in regards to healthcare
This back and forth is tremendous

so much venom for different takes

Vaccinated people can still carry and transmit the virus. It has been proven. The vaccine lessens the severity of your illness if you happen to develop symptoms.
It vastly reduces the chances of that ever happening. So how doesn't that help? Moreover, the more people who are vaccinated keep helping people like you. You on the other hand do not help another at all.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
It vastly reduces the chances of that ever happening. So how doesn't that help? Moreover, the more people who are vaccinated keep helping people like you. You on the other hand do not help another at all.

I don't ask for help from people when it comes to this. Couldn't care less if they do or don't. I can handle my own affairs.

I don't mind different takes. If you have an opinion differing from mine, that is fine.

Believing that vaccines do not reduce transmission and only help the people who get vaccinated is not a "different take" though. It is just entirely wrong.

It's how we got rid of Polio, measles... etc...
I may agree in substance. A wrong take is still different, auditor

I may agree in substance. A wrong take is still different, auditor

well, bring up my profession (again, childish behavior from you).. when one of my clients has an error on their financial statements, I tell them there is an error. I don’t tell them that I feel differently. Some things things are black and white.

Sometimes, there is nuance but this is not one of those times.

I don't ask for help from people when it comes to this. Couldn't care less if they do or don't. I can handle my own affairs.

You would care if NJ’s vaccination rate was the same as Florida’s though because our hospitals would be filling up again and Murphy (right or wrong) would be shutting the state down again.

It’s fine you have assessed your risks and chose against it, but it’s also true that you’re lucky you live in an area where enough people chose community protection.

You would care if NJ’s vaccination rate was the same as Florida’s though because our hospitals would be filling up again and Murphy (right or wrong) would be shutting the state down again.

It’s fine you have assessed your risks and chose against it, but it’s also true that you’re lucky you live in an area where enough people chose community protection.

I don't believe my views would be any different in Florida. Heck, I wish Ron DeSantis was our governor (and maybe president in Jan. 2025).

well, bring up my profession (again, childish behavior from you).. when one of my clients has an error on their financial statements, I tell them there is an error. I don’t tell them that I feel differently. Some things things are black and white.

Sometimes, there is nuance but this is not one of those times.
Boo hoo

the issue was masking, at least the issue I stepped into at this point

nobody has given me anything to support the concept that masking kids that are 8 years old is the answer in lieu of a shutdown (if things get worse)

I also talked to my general doctor virtually today and we made the tough decision for me to continue to shelter in place for the next two months because of Delta. I just cannot risk bringing home the virus to people that are at high risk in my household. My doctor thinks Delta will peak quickly in NJ on September.

Reactions: Hallsome
For any men reading this who are not vaccinated recent studies show that the enzyme ACE 2 which is found in large amounts in men’s testicals can make covid much worse.So if you need another reason to get vaccinated DO IT FOR THE BOYS.

I'm definitely Truman in this show. I refuse to believe people can argue this much and this long the same things unless all sides are in on it.

Why? We are in a worldwide pandemic. And people on this board were telling me I would be be wrong on this stuff. But I have been right most of the time.

I'm definitely Truman in this show. I refuse to believe people can argue this much and this long the same things unless all sides are in on it.
I live by the rule that most people are put on this earth purely for my entertainment....

For any men reading this who are not vaccinated recent studies show that the enzyme ACE 2 which is found in large amounts in men’s testicals can make covid much worse.So if you need another reason to get vaccinated DO IT FOR THE BOYS.
lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT