ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

Nah, you’re just full of shit.

I posted the very dumbed down math for herd immunity a while back. Essentially showed with a transmission rate of 2.5 and a vaccine that was 95% effective we needed about 67% to reach herd immunity.

with the transmission rate of Delta being higher and the efficacy of the vaccine being lower, the math becomes impossible to reach a point where we could stop this on our own with a vaccine. It may end up that it will work it’s way through the entire population eventually.

At this point, I’m leaning towards the idea that we should let it work it’s way through. Only pause I have there is kids under 12.

You incorrectly stated a few months back that covid would be a non story in NJ and the country this summer. You also said mask mandates would be gone. However the governor of NJ is supposed to announce a new indoor mask mandate tomorrow.

How can we trust you on this prediction?

I posted the very dumbed down math for herd immunity a while back. Essentially showed with a transmission rate of 2.5 and a vaccine that was 95% effective we needed about 67% to reach herd immunity.

with the transmission rate of Delta being higher and the efficacy of the vaccine being lower, the math becomes impossible to reach a point where we could stop this on our own with a vaccine. It may end up that it will work it’s way through the entire population eventually.

At this point, I’m leaning towards the idea that we should let it work it’s way through. Only pause I have there is kids under 12.
I'd prefer to stick with vaccine boosters, masks, and less dying and disease.

Isnt that what you're planning on doing?

You've been slipping up on your character the last 24 hours.

Nope. I have been saying recently I am talking to my MD about possibly going out of the house. With Delta in play my doctor agreed I cannot go outside right now.

The best way to get less death and disease in the long term is to let the virus run its course and offer focused protection (vaccines, distancing, etc.) to the most vulnerable people.

I'm on board with vaccines and boosters. I’m not anti-mask and think they should be used in areas where we need them to keep hospital capacity available.

I'm just getting to the point where we've done what we can to encourage people to get vaccinated. If they chose not to, then they will get Covid.

Reactions: HALL85
The latest from the governor. All state employees are ordered to be vaccinated by October 18th.

I don't think "in the darkness" means what you think it means.

Also, no mask mandate huh?

Also you said the government will have a plan for us to get back to normal? Vaccinated people still have to mask. What exactly is the plan to get back to normal?

I don't think "in the darkness" means what you think it means.

Also, no mask mandate huh?

Just to make sure. You are fine with the government mandating people to put something in their body they don't want to? If so, where is the blueprint to getting back to normal?

@Merge Also, the DOW is nosediving. The market is very scared of what's to come with the Delta variant.

You said the stock market was very scared of what’s to come. I wonder if you traded out of equities and missed the 5% uptick since your sage prediction?

@sami Also do you consent to the government mandating teachers and public government employees to get vaccinated? Shame on you! I knew you voted for Murphy!

Watch the next few weeks!
Please don’t pretend to know anything about economics and financials.

And stop predicting anything. You haven’t got a clue. We are now 13+ years into a bull run that had a 2-month recession that was turned around by overreaching, overextended stimulus. There should be a 10-20% pullback as stimulus is unwound to stave off inflation. This will likely be a 2022 event, could be Q4 this year, could be 2023. Let’s not pretend you’re some Oracle. You’re a dope and a liar.

Watch the next few weeks!
You didn’t answer the question. Did you liquidate your 401k because the market was terrified of Delta? That would have been the smart thing to do, and then buy back after the crash. Did you follow your own predictions? Are you now happily retired, oh great Imbecile of Omaha?

You didn’t answer the question. Did you liquidate your 401k because the market was terrified of Delta? That would have been the smart thing to do, and then buy back after the crash. Did you follow your own predictions? Are you now happily retired, oh great Imbecile of Omaha?
Wow, coming in hot!

Retired? Did he even work?

• Haha
Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
@Merge The garden state is now over 1,000 covid related hospitalizations. Who would have thought we would be at this point again even with vaccines?

As my doctor friend previously told me 2,500 hospitalizations by October 1. No one thought this was going to happen with the vaccines in play.

@Merge Hospitalizations and RT already going down in NJ? Has Delta already peaked in NJ? What is your take so far on Florida school data? Are you still going to on Disney in October?

@HALL85 What are NJ hospital executives saying about this fall/winter? Are they expecting a surge? How about the flu and RSV?

The pandemic is over...it is now an endemic and will be a part of our lives going forward.
Not correct. The CDC says we are still in a pandemic. So you are fine with vaccine mandates and mask wearing at Seton hall games going forward?

@HALL85 You never answered my question asked a couple days ago. What are your hospital executive friends saying about covid in NJ this fall and winter?

@HALL85 @Merge The United States is now seeing 100,000+ covid related hospitalizations a day. We haven't seen the situation like this since last winter and that was before a vaccine was available. Who would have thought we would be at this point again? I thought the Vaccines were supposed to prevent this? If the situation is this bad now, I can't imagine how this fall/winter will be. The WHO is warning the pandemic might be spiraling out of control in the United States again. The WHO is recommending schools to be prepared for remote learning again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT