ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

I wish I could! But I'm looking after my risk family members as well. You have no idea about the situation!
Sorry, but you ambiguously suggested/responded that nobody can live if vaccinated. My fault for misinterpreting your post? We all know your personal situation. But you should’ve made clear that “no” was a personal response to a generalized suggestion.

Sorry, but you ambiguously suggested/responded that nobody can live if vaccinated. We all know your personal situation. But you should’ve made clear that “no” was a personal response to a generalized suggestion.

No @King of S was telling me to live my life if I'm vaccinated. You read it wrong.

@HallBall02 How have covid cases been since school started in Florida? How is the virus affecting kids in school?
Not good. Lots of kids being quarantined and forced out of school, lots of overall cases, rising # of kids and overall hospitalizations, ICU filled up with around >50% Dx code of covid, meaning quality of care for other reasons to go to hospital will be less, staff stressed and pushed to breaking point.

7 counties have decided to go against the gov and masked up to protect kids, which is good though. Also bigger than expected vaccinations increase also good.

Not good. Lots of kids being quarantined and forced out of school, lots of overall cases, rising # of kids and overall hospitalizations, ICU filled up with around >50% Dx code of covid, meaning quality of care for other reasons to go to hospital will be less, staff stressed and pushed to breaking point.

7 counties have decided to go against the gov and masked up to protect kids, which is good though. Also bigger than expected vaccinations increase also good.

I'll chime in here since I have been watching Florida closely since I expected some insight as to the impact on kids with Delta.

When kids started school there three weeks ago, there were about 50 pediatric admissions per day. That has started to increase and is now closer to 70 kids per day and 230 children are currently hospitalized Both highs for the state since the pandemic started. Not a great start honestly. Hopefully this is a peak and not the start of a trend.

I'll chime in here since I have been watching Florida closely since I expected some insight as to the impact on kids with Delta.

When kids started school there three weeks ago, there were about 50 pediatric admissions per day. That has started to increase and is now closer to 70 kids per day and 230 children are currently hospitalized Both highs for the state since the pandemic started. Not a great start honestly. Hopefully this is a peak and not the start of a trend.
Wow. What’s the average age? Have any kids died? Are any on ventilators? These answers and others would seem to be relevant to those here with young kids since most go back this week.
Have our NY/NJ/PA governors provided this info?

Will new jersey force unvaccinated kids to go back to school? We will see what happens!

Wow. What’s the average age? Have any kids died? Are any on ventilators? These answers and others would seem to be relevant to those here with young kids since most go back this week.
Have our NY/NJ/PA governors provided this info?

You’re right, more relevant information would be very helpful. I don’t have access to that information.

I’ve been specifically looking at the risk to kids going back to school (if there is a risk). Northeast schools aren’t back yet which is why I am focusing on Florida.

it’s entirely possible that Covid just rips through the population of children very quickly and they see a small spike in hospitalizations but then it’s over, whereas states with more mitigating steps end up with the same result over an extended period of time. I would argue Florida got it right in that case, but that is still a gamble at this point.

You’re right, more relevant information would be very helpful. I don’t have access to that information.

I’ve been specifically looking at the risk to kids going back to school (if there is a risk). Northeast schools aren’t back yet which is why I am focusing on Florida.

it’s entirely possible that Covid just rips through the population of children very quickly and they see a small spike in hospitalizations but then it’s over, whereas states with more mitigating steps end up with the same result over an extended period of time. I would argue Florida got it right in that case, but that is still a gamble at this point.

Yep I'm not sure either. Weren't you the poster who said this pandemic would be over by this summer? You insisted the government wouldn't mandate kids to wear masks this fall and I told you that you would be wrong. And here we are. Kids are mandated to wear masks in schools again.

Isn't it interesting that all across Europe, kids are not wearing masks in school. Yet here in the US, it's a flash point debate.

Corrupt teachers unions and politicians is the reason. Has nothing to do with a virus.

Shu09 and others with their head in sand. If you were so concerned about kids in the community, do your part and get vaccinated. My cousin and kids live in Europe (Austria) and they wear masks in their schools.

Mask reduce spread, fact.
Kids can get covid, fact,
Kid can get sick and be hospitalized (lesser rate but fact)
Kids can spread to to others
Kids can add to another varient being created
Kids getting sick force kids out of school
Kids need to be in school after a year and half in some cases of virtual school
Kids long term affects of covid unknown but there is already a growing population of kids negatively affected weeks and months after infection.

it’s not rocket science. Mask should absolutely be worn in Florida indoors and other areas of high covid transmission.

Just curious, with Americans getting unhealthier by the day, is there any data on the hospitalized childrens issues before getting covid?

I agree with this and pray for our children. Nice post Auditor

Shu09 and others with their head in sand. If you were so concerned about kids in the community, do your part and get vaccinated. My cousin and kids live in Europe (Austria) and they wear masks in their schools.

Kids long term affects of covid unknown but there is already a growing population of kids negatively affected weeks and months after infection.

it’s not rocket science. Mask should absolutely be worn in Florida indoors and other areas of high covid transmission.
Fact, kids don’t wear masks properly. Fact: Kids will spread it regardless. Fact: masks and home schooling are detrimental to development of many young children.

Reactions: shu09
Fact, kids don’t wear masks properly. Fact: Kids will spread it regardless. Fact: masks and home schooling are detrimental to development of many young children.
here is where we agree:

True - kids don’t always wear masks properly
True- COVID will still spread a bit even with masks
True - most cases of home schooling detrimental to kids education and mental health

here is where we disagree:

Mask detrimental to kids, couldn’t disagree more, majority of kids don’t care and it doesn’t affect their day too much. Small inconvenience that helps them stay in school safely and without interruptions.

here is what you are missing
Masks reduce spread and is one of the main ways to reduce spread in schools

Isn't it interesting that all across Europe, kids are not wearing masks in school. Yet here in the US, it's a flash point debate.

Corrupt teachers unions and politicians is the reason. Has nothing to do with a virus.

1) Me getting vaccinated or not has zero impact on children in my community.
2) Cloth blue masks don't work. This has been proven by looking at case rates in states that mandated masks (and had extremely high compliance) vs. those that didn't. There is virtually no different in the number of cases or the surges of the virus.
3) Anyone can get sick or hospitalized from a virus, but children are at minuscule risk (unless they are unhealthy to begin with).
4) Anyone can spread a virus to others. Somehow humanity has survived for thousands of years. Imagine that!
5) No healthy child should be forced out of school because someone else got sick. Only the sick child should need to stay home.
6) Kids need to be in school whether there is covid, flu, anything going around. Keeping them out as we did last year was criminal.
7) Nobody knows if there will or won't be long term effects. Definitive talk of that is nothing but fear-mongering.

2) Cloth blue masks don't work. This has been proven by looking at case rates in states that mandated masks (and had extremely high compliance) vs. those that didn't. There is virtually no different in the number of cases or the surges of the virus.
3) Anyone can get sick or hospitalized from a virus, but children are at minuscule risk (unless they are unhealthy to begin with).
4) Anyone can spread a virus to others. Somehow humanity has survived for thousands of years. Imagine that!
5) No healthy child should be forced out of school because someone else got sick. Only the sick child should need to stay home.
6) Kids need to be in school whether there is covid, flu, anything going around. Keeping them out as we did last year was criminal.
7) Nobody knows if there will or won't be long term effects. Definitive talk of that is nothing but fear-mongering.

1) false. If you see others in person you can affect them in your community and kids live there as well. Also if you get hospitalized and use resources that could be used on others, also you contribute more to variants and having covid affect our live more. Especially since are both anti-covid Vaxer and anti masker.

2) false, even unfitted cloth masks reduce spread when everyone inside is wearing them. Its doesn’t reduce it as much as the fitted n95 type masks but it still reduces the spread. You show me a study I’ll show you more studies saying the opposite and link CDC peer reviewed studies for your reference.

3) true everyone can get sick and get viruses. Somewhat true on lower risk of kids with covid with deaths and hospitalizations. However they still have risks you can’t ignore and to pretend it doesn’t affect them is other ways is not informed.

4. We have survived with medical innovations and knowledge including many different vaccines that have protected you throughout your life.

5) your strategy is to get let everyone get sick. Don’t take out covid positive kids so everyone and their families get sick? Dude you are scared to take vaccine bc of potential long term risks , you want all kids to get infected? True apathy there.

6) yes kids need to be I school, they should be the priority at this point, should have been from the beginning. It wasn’t criminal to do virtual school originally bc we had no idea what was was going on. I agree more schools last year should have been in person once we knew more strategies to open school more safely.

7)) there is growing evidence of long covid, and even without it loss of school,
Kids spreading to others, and the few pediatric hospitalizations/deaths should be enough to recommend masks in schools even without definitive evidence of all the long term covid issues.

here is where we agree:

True - kids don’t always wear masks properly
True- COVID will still spread a bit even with masks
True - most cases of home schooling detrimental to kids education and mental health

here is where we disagree:

Mask detrimental to kids, couldn’t disagree more, majority of kids don’t care and it doesn’t affect their day too much. Small inconvenience that helps them stay in school safely and without interruptions.

here is what you are missing
Masks reduce spread and is one of the main ways to reduce spread in schools
Occupational, speech and behavioral therapists and doctors I know disagree

I'm glad I'm not a student anymore and I'm glad I'm not a parent. I wouldn't be able to function as a student with all of these stupid rules and restrictions. From a parental perspective, I do not want to bring a child into this brave new world where the "abundance of caution/safety regime," global warming alarmists and offices of diversity control everything you do. It is all coordinated to destroy the fabric of America and tear us apart.

1) false. If you see others in person you can affect them in your community and kids live there as well. Also if you get hospitalized and use resources that could be used on others, also you contribute more to variants and having covid affect our live more. Especially since are both anti-covid Vaxer and anti masker.

2) false, even unfitted cloth masks reduce spread when everyone inside is wearing them. Its doesn’t reduce it as much as the fitted n95 type masks but it still reduces the spread. You show me a study I’ll show you more studies saying the opposite and link CDC peer reviewed studies for your reference.

3) true everyone can get sick and get viruses. Somewhat true on lower risk of kids with covid with deaths and hospitalizations. However they still have risks you can’t ignore and to pretend it doesn’t affect them is other ways is not informed.

4. We have survived with medical innovations and knowledge including many different vaccines that have protected you throughout your life.

5) your strategy is to get let everyone get sick. Don’t take out covid positive kids so everyone and their families get sick? Dude you are scared to take vaccine bc of potential long term risks , you want all kids to get infected? True apathy there.

6) yes kids need to be I school, they should be the priority at this point, should have been from the beginning. It wasn’t criminal to do virtual school originally bc we had no idea what was was going on. I agree more schools last year should have been in person once we knew more strategies to open school more safely.

7)) there is growing evidence of long covid, and even without it loss of school,
Kids spreading to others, and the few pediatric hospitalizations/deaths should be enough to recommend masks in schools even without definitive evidence of all the long term covid issues.
I have to get vaccinated because people haven't taken care of their own health for the last 40 years or people have fed their kids McDonald's like crap on a daily basis for years. How many people have not taken care of themselves properly but I have to do something for them? The sad part is a lot of people haven't taken ownership of their own health including doing nothing in the last 18 months during the pandemic.

Last edited:
Reactions: HALL85 and shu09

You can say the same thing about the flu. All of your statements would be answered the same way. Are you suggesting going forward we should wear masks during flu season?

I have to get vaccinated because people haven't taken care of their own health for the last 40 years or people have fed their kids McDonald's like crap on a daily basis for years. How many people have not taken care of themselves properly but I have to do something for them? The sad part is a lot of people haven't taken ownership of their own health including doing nothing in the last 18 months during the pandemic.
I agree that some people don’t take care of themselves and should be doing so.

I’m at a very low risk myself with age and in great shape but I still do the small things to help out others namely get vaccinated and wear masks in public indoor places and try to stamp out misinformation when I hear it (mostly in the message boards).

Maybe more people should stop complaining and help out the community.
It’s not like it’s a draft where you are being sent to war, just get the pinch and wear a soft piece of fabric from time to time.

I’m at a very low risk myself with age and in great shape but I still do the small things to help out others namely get vaccinated and wear masks in public indoor places and try to stamp out misinformation when I hear it (mostly in the message boards).
So now you are the arbiter of truth about Covid? Pretty high opinion of yourself, no?

Reactions: shu09 and Hallsome
I agree that some people don’t take care of themselves and should be doing so.

Maybe more people should stop complaining and help out the community.
It’s not like it’s a draft where you are being sent to war, just get the pinch and wear a soft piece of fabric from time to time.

I am eager to see your answer to this question. Will you wear a mask for upcoming flu seasons?

Masks have 20% efficiency at best.

Ah, SHU 1993, no mask mandate in NJ and next Governor Murphy press conference not until after Labor Day. Will you be off the board next week?
Yes I will be off the board next week if Murphy does not issue a mask mandate by labor day. I will honor the bet.

Yep I'm not sure either. Weren't you the poster who said this pandemic would be over by this summer? You insisted the government wouldn't mandate kids to wear masks this fall and I told you that you would be wrong. And here we are. Kids are mandated to wear masks in schools again.

Weren't you the poster that "retired" 4 times and have a bet with Merge that you're going to lose in a few days? I'm sure your 5th retirement will definitely keep you away from the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT