ADVERTISEMENT

25% of Americans will not take COVID Vaccine

Why are you making assumptions for these people? I'm sure many of them understand the risks. They assume the risks. That's fine.

Vaccination does not eliminate transmission. If it did, the CDC wouldn't be recommending mask use now would it?

Because there are a lot of regret stories coming out, and more will continue to come.

No one ever claimed vaccines "eliminate" transmission. They don't. They reduce transmission, and the more people vaccinated within a community, the lower the transmission will be. Look at states where this is spreading the most right now. There is an incredibly strong correlation with the vaccination rate. That's not a coincidence.

Is our media even capable of doing better? Check out this propaganda piece I read this morning. Every patient pictured is either elderly or obese.

Mainstream media: Show me the pictures and stories of people in good health who have gotten seriously ill on a massive scale. Maybe then, just maybe, I'd consider the vaccine.

@shu09 Do you mean an article like the below?

• Haha
Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
@shu09 Do you mean an article like the below?

One exception does not make a rule. Again, show me this on a massive scale. One freak story isn't enough and it looks like this man is overweight from the pictures. The article even says he lost 50 lbs., so what did he weigh when he contracted the virus? They conveniently don't say.

One exception does not make a rule. Again, show me this on a massive scale. One freak story isn't enough and it looks like this man is overweight from the pictures. The article even says he lost 50 lbs., so what did he weigh when he contracted the virus? They conveniently don't say.

It's not happening on a massive scale. Young and healthy people can get very sick, but it is rare.
Based on your personal circumstances where you don't need to worry about the risk to you personally or those around you, you don't need to get vaccinated.

Unfortunately a lot of people in certain parts of the country who do not share your risk profile decided against getting the vaccine and they are now we are seeing hospital systems starting to get overwhelmed again.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
It's not happening on a massive scale. Young and healthy people can get very sick, but it is rare.
Based on your personal circumstances where you don't need to worry about the risk to you personally or those around you, you don't need to get vaccinated.

Unfortunately a lot of people in certain parts of the country who do not share your risk profile decided against getting the vaccine and they are now we are seeing hospital systems starting to get overwhelmed again.

Thank you for confirming young and healthy people are mostly not at risk. Wish those in the media would tell the truth as well.

Do you mean like this? 4 of 6 under 35 and healthy.

Well, I would like to see what he deems as "healthy". Amazing how people define that term or if they really know if someone has a comorbidity. I'll rely on the data until otherwise.

Reactions: shu09

No details, still only 4 people out of many that age who have contracted it. Some people consider obese people healthy and that's just incorrect. Maybe these folks were, maybe they weren't. Bad journalism.

Hes a UFC commentator who happens to have a podcast now. Hes in the same boat as LeBum James, a basketball player with a show. Who cares what either of them thinks?

He's had a few bad Covid takes as well, but on this one I agree with him.

Is our media even capable of doing better? Check out this propaganda piece I read this morning. Every patient pictured is either elderly or obese.

Mainstream media: Show me the pictures and stories of people in good health who have gotten seriously ill on a massive scale. Maybe then, just maybe, I'd consider the vaccine.

You will not get the desired response

Today’s headline was that Florida leads the country in pediatric hospitalizations. The actual number is 315, and there is no supporting information on severity, comorbitities or length of stay.

Today’s headline was that Florida leads the country in pediatric hospitalizations. The actual number is 315, and there is no supporting information on severity, comorbitities or length of stay.

Nothing but a scare tactic. Play to people's emotions and get them in line.

So many hypocrites out there.

-“my body my choice ” anti vax vs pro choicers

-you need Documentation to do stuff - vaccine passports and voting rights ID verification

-big government over reach - governors not want big government telling locals what to do, but then states like Texas and Florida pushing laws down to local level mandating to local community not to do local mask mandates or being able to ask if vaccinated in businesses saying parents rights.

-Desantis Florida law banning texting while driving to save ppl but doing the opposite with masks.

-fox saying immigrants bringing covid in from borders and worried about kids and families in Texas but ok with citizens spreading covid to everyone else by not masking and not getting vaccinated.

craziness out there

-you need Documentation to do stuff - vaccine passports and voting rights ID verification

-big government over reach - governors not want big government telling locals what to do, but then states like Texas and Florida pushing laws down to local level mandating to local community not to do local mask mandates or being able to ask if vaccinated in businesses saying parents rights.

-Desantis Florida law banning texting while driving to save ppl but doing the opposite with masks.

-fox saying immigrants bringing covid in from borders and worried about kids and families in Texas but ok with citizens spreading covid to everyone else by not masking and not getting vaccinated.

craziness out there
Seriously, are those all the CNN headlines today? That is some rant.

craziness out there

Amazing how you look at all these from one side. Not surprised though coming from a partisan like yourself.

As you know. You are 100% not involved in public health and impersonating a public health official in anyway with your viewpoints and messages to others is frankly disgusting.
You would make a terrible private detective....

HALL85 is one of the more reputable people on this board when it comes to health matters. He has proven that a number of times over the years.

Fortunately your opinion doesn’t matter.
My opinion doesn’t matter that much in the grand scheme of things but I have effectively changed protocols at dozens of hospitals across 8 different integrated delivery networks including the DOD.

My guess is my opinion matters more than yours and I’m not pretending to be a public health expert.

Nothing like bragging on an internet message board to make yourself feel important. :rolleyes:

Nothing like bragging on an internet message board to make yourself feel important. :rolleyes:
As usual, missing the point shu09.

Do you understand that the vaccine can help yourself as well as others? Seems like something you should know a year and half into a global pandemic.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
My opinion doesn’t matter that much in the grand scheme of things but I have effectively changed protocols at dozens of hospitals across 8 different integrated delivery networks including the DOD.

My guess is my opinion matters more than yours and I’m not pretending to be a public health expert.
Two gold stars for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT