ADVERTISEMENT

August Tweets

I remember seeing Omar as a soph against Pats and Al H….he looked great….stands out in my memory having been surprised how young he was at the time
Omar was one of the best pure passers for a freshman PG I’ve ever seen at the collegiate level. His jump shot was a working in progress and held him back from staying in the league, but he’s had a really nice international career and made a ton of money.

This Tweet was labeled private for those not following the person who tweeted it. It was a former seton hall player (6-10 center from late 70s early 80s) meeting up with Gill, after nba summer league game saying he is a legit 7-2 because it is rare he has to look up to people, with a pick next to eachother.

Last edited:
This Tweet was labeled private for those not following the person who tweeted it. It was a former seton hall player (6-10 center from late 70s early 80s) meeting up with Gill, after nba summer league game saying he is a legit 7-2 because it is rare he has to look up to people, with a pick next to eachother.

that former player would be named Dan Dunne. A member of the inaugural SHU roster when they opened play in the original BE.

Dan consistently posts his pictures on the Seton Hall FB group as well if you can’t view them through this medium.

Dan is a great ambassador for the game and for the legacy of Seton Hall basketball. He is one of those former players who is greatly appreciative of the opportunity to play ball at the D1 level and loves to shares the stories from his time to keep the history alive.

We need more former players like Dan Dunne.

Jackson was top 3 I ever saw live. He could hang, shoot and was as smooth as Ray Allen. All were looking forward to the matchup Lawrence Funderburk against Luther Wright both off the bench.

Last edited:
Jackson was top 3 I ever saw live. He could hang, shoot and was as smooth as Ray Allen. All were looking forward to the matchup Lawrence Funderburk against Luther Wright both off the bench.
Terry dunking on fundrrburkes face on a break is an all time pirate play. I remember thinking what are you doing? Then terry showed me.

Jackson was great as was Ray Allen but the guy I was most impressed with back in the Byrne Arena days was Allan Houston from Tennessee. I believe his dad was the coach when we played the Vols in the Dehere era. Long time ago but his performance still sticks in my head for some reason.

Reactions: LBP43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT