ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
Huge huge game and to come out like this is very disappointing

Dug ourselves a huge halftime deficit so going to take a completely different approach to win this one. Which was a must road game to get.

Still got UConn and Creighton left so going to be tough

Should do a poll on the most disappointing
1. Effort in Nova game
2. Student section at Prudential
3. NIL efforts (historically speaking)
4. BofR - boys club, Nyre handing and future president strategy
5. Other

Same old team.

I look forward to turning the page and getting some hungry players in who get after it.

This team, like quite a few from the past, thinks they’re better than they are.

I’m sure something like the team is fatigued, tired, rusty, etc. instead of just not playing hard will be the reason.

This is a panicked squad when the going gets tough

Reactions: shu09
Huge huge game and to come out like this is very disappointing

Dug ourselves a huge halftime deficit so going to take a completely different approach to win this one. Which was a must road game to get.

Still got UConn and Creighton left so going to be tough
Give Nova credit: The packed and let us bomb 3’s, plus shot the lights out.

So, how do you account for the Upperclassman playing such a horrific game? Richmond set the tone with the first possession of the game. I suppose Sha did not script that in practice. Davis with those mind boggling series of turnovers(most surprised at his bad game) Wusu scores one maybe two baskets a game now. That's a starting three in the BigEast trying to claim a bid?? Dawes way too much dribbling early in the game. The PG never gets him the ball in a good spot. Richmond's passing in this game?? LOL.

Sha deserves blame too. Alot.

Reactions: mbraue
I can see all the above criticism but who would have thought we see the old Nova today.

Reactions: LBP43
Give Nova credit: The packed and let us bomb 3’s, plus shot the lights out.
But it’s easy to shoot the lights out when there isn’t anyone within 10’. Just ask Rutgers.

SHU allowed Villanova to get comfortable on the 3 point line, turned the ball over, took quick shots on offense

If you asked Neptune how he’d want SHU to play he would have said pre-game exactly the way SHU did today.

You can’t play defense hoping the other team misses 3’s. That’s what happened today.

Villanova is 234th in 3 point percentage in the nation coming in to today

But it’s easy to shoot the lights out when there isn’t anyone within 10’. Just ask Rutgers.

SHU allowed Villanova to get comfortable on the 3 point line, turned the ball over, took quick shots on offense

If you asked Neptune how he’d want SHU to play he would have said pre-game exactly the way SHU did today.

You can’t play defense hoping the other team misses 3’s. That’s what happened today.

We seen this time and time again this season: USC, Rutgers, Baylor, Xavier, etc.

Reactions: hallstorm
Same old team.

I look forward to turning the page and getting some hungry players in who get after it.

This team, like quite a few from the past, thinks they’re better than they are.

I’m sure something like the team is fatigued, tired, rusty, etc. instead of just not playing hard will be the reason.

This is a panicked squad when the going gets tough
Well, we're going to find out. We started 6-1, we're 2-4 since. Maybe we're correcting to mean, maybe we'll find another gear. There are 7 games left and this team can still earn an NCAAT bid if it recommits itself.

our players were jumping at everythingggg.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT