ADVERTISEMENT

Game 3 Game Thread: Pirates vs. Albany

Offense is flowing today. This was fun to watch until sha went to the bench. Ooof

Weird game at the half. Seton Hall scored 54 but allowed 39. Wonder if the defense clamps down in the second half and hope the offense doesn't let up much.

Nice to see JS hit his only attempt from 3. Hope he gets some more looks

Albany's hit for six 3s -- that's too many
Agreed. Pick up games lead to bad habits. Sha doing a lot of head shaking on the bench. Be good to see them keeping Albany in the 20s in the second half in prep for Wagner and beyond.

Albany's hit for six 3s -- that's too many
Got spoiled by FDU missing so many the other day! They just as easily could have hit six as well.

Much more pleased that SHU is something like 18 for 24 from 2 point range for the half….

Those SHU makes factor into a quicker tempo on both ends. I can live with Albany’s 6 3’s if the result is what we just saw. Plus Albany’s 35 percent from 3 isn’t exactly lights out shooting. For tonight, it works.

Reactions: Burnsly
Ozdogan is a great communicator on the floor. First thing I noticed. And seems like they love calling fouls on him no matter what lol

Solid win, got everyone involved and feeling good. Color guy made a good point however, not going to beat Marquette or Creighton making only five 3s regardless of how good the overall shooting percentage is.

Solid win, got everyone involved and feeling good. Color guy made a good point however, not going to beat Marquette or Creighton making only five 3s regardless of how good the overall shooting percentage is.
But they were playing Albany tonight, and went 31 for 44 from 2 point range. That’s all I care about from this one.

Reactions: catholicman
Very little to take away from this game. Albany is a very bad team. Their offense makes a certain ex-coach of ours look creative. The first half was a lot of pass around the perimeter and bomb with little to no inside-out game. They ran some more stuff in the second half but we clamped down defensively, leaving them severely overmatched.

One thing I do know is that Coleman passes the eye test. He is going to be REALLY GOOD. Hopefully we wants to stay here and we can afford him in the future. He’s a stud in the making. Bank breaking type of player. Now if only he could get rid of the dunking yips, LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: MichiganStoleTitle
Solid, not great, defensively and we simply ran an overmatched team off the floor. Albany didn't have answers for anybody we put out there.

There had to be a half dozen drives where Albany didn't rotate over leading to a point blank lay-in.

Solid, not great, defensively and we simply ran an overmatched team off the floor. Albany didn't have answers for anybody we put out there.

There had to be a half dozen drives where Albany didn't rotate over leading to a point blank lay-in.
Kind of like the Georgetown rotations tonight at Rutgers

By the way, the $8.00 Michelob Ultra promotion is a total scam. Nowhere to be found last night at the Prudential Center.

The below is from the game day email Seton Hall sends out. I know not every concession stand sells hot dogs and I imagine the beer special has similar terms.

"The special hot dog price will be available at all concession stands that offer hot dogs, and you'll be able to find the beer and cocktail specials at the East and West Clubs, The Foundry Bar & all concessions bar locations (portables excluded)!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT