ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Nova

dawes with a turnover right in his hands, cant grab it, but leaves a guy open to drain a 3. just add it to the list.

davis continues to be our most consistent player. great defensive possession. lets win by double digits.

Reactions: PirateFan94
normally if we won this we would all say "we still have to get by depaul"

but man i cant think of any scenario we lose that game. regardless of todays outcome
Can’t fathom losing to DePaul. Now it becomes about going scorched earth on them to get the metrics up and get out of Dayton.

Reactions: TomD82
We had to have it, and we got it done. Dre Davis was HUGE! Still, incredibly frustrating to watch. We won despite ourselves. Thank God we are a very good free throw shooting team.

I didn't think they would win after the past two games, but they showed a lot of heart and got the job done. Go beat DePaul on Saturday.

Reactions: LBP43
We're 19-11, just locked up the 4 seed, maybe you're the brain dead one?
Nice try, frosh. The record is not indicative of our basketball IQ.

No, we won despite ourselves. I stand by that. There was some incredibly bad play down the stretch. I’m not usually one to be overly critical of the team, but we allowed nova to stay in it until the very last minute when it never should have gone that way.

Nice try, frosh. The record is not indicative of our basketball IQ.

No, we won despite ourselves. I stand by that. There was some incredibly bad play down the stretch. I’m not usually one to be overly critical of the team, but we allowed nova to stay in it until the very last minute when it never should have gone that way.

We held Nova to 35% shooting. That's not winning despite yourself. That was a dominant defensive effort.

Can’t fathom losing to DePaul. Now it becomes about going scorched earth on them to get the metrics up and get out of Dayton.
I don’t like playing DePaul with them 0-19. They are going to do everything possible to not go winless on the season.

Because they're a very good defensive team themselves lol (13th in the nation per KenPom). We won by double digits in a massive game. You're knitpicking badly.
Not when we almost gave the game away, I’m not - which is what we were in the process of doing at the time I made that post(turnover leading to a four point play). You can accuse me of ***nitpicking***, but I would say you are missing the context of the moment that post was made.

I don’t like playing DePaul with them 0-19. They are going to do everything possible to not go winless on the season.
They are a stunningly bad team. Nothing is guaranteed, but I wouldn't worry about it.

They are a stunningly bad team. Nothing is guaranteed, but I wouldn't worry about it.
theres been a few times in the last few weeks where someone might call us a "stunningly bad team"

i think you mean depaul is "historically bad team" LOL

I just don’t get some posters. Sure everyone is posting on the spur of the moment during the game. But some takes calling the team brain dead are just asinine.

We’ve got 4th place locked up possibly 3rd in the BE, two games ahead of teams below us, on the cusp of a completely unexpected NCAAT invite and some people can only focus on mistakes that every player on every team makes at various times.

Geez guys, this season has been so unexpectedly enjoyable, so try to enjoy it.

I just don’t get some posters. Sure everyone is posting on the spur of the moment during the game. But some takes calling the team brain dead are just asinine.

We’ve got 4th place locked up possibly 3rd in the BE, two games ahead of teams below us, on the cusp of a completely unexpected NCAAT invite and some people can only focus on mistakes that every player on every team makes at various times.

Geez guys, this season has been so unexpectedly enjoyable, so try to enjoy it.
That’s why very rarely do I open these threads during games. They’re brutal and they’re embarrassing. Every now and then I’ll open one and regret it almost immediately.

Reactions: williaza01
theres been a few times in the last few weeks where someone might call us a "stunningly bad team"

i think you mean depaul is "historically bad team" LOL
Both are true. To be honest, I think Ackerman needs to have a talk with them. They are so significantly bad that they are dragged on the rest of the conference. She should give them some reasonable period of time to turn it around. If not, it makes sense to think about their continued membership in the conference. Being winless in conference with an RPI of over 300 isn't acceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT