ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. St. John’s

In todays world of free transfers and nil the old rules on "forcing" kids out are out the window i think.
Are they? They can simply not play someone or make it plain that they wouldn't see any PT..... "gently nudging" the player to the portal and then recruiting someone else. The whole system is dysfunctional.

BTW Pitino is a d-bag for calling out his players in public. That in itself HAS to hurt his rep among potential recruits.

Reactions: Seton75
Are they? They can simply not play someone or make it plain that they wouldn't see any PT..... "gently nudging" the player to the portal and then recruiting someone else. The whole system is dysfunctional.

BTW Pitino is a d-bag for calling out his players in public. That in itself HAS to hurt his rep among potential recruits.
I agree about pitino. But ships have always been one yr renewable deals. Imo not renewing will no longer be seen as harshly. Now its like biz, i hired you, dont like your production, youre fired

A 4 star kid prob not scared off tho some are sure to be turned off by the assholiness of his public comment.

He's saying that they recruited the wrong players because they supposedly had little time to fill out the roster. I don't see anything about his team losing 8/10 and the coaching staff taking responsibility for that if even saying the cliche "we need to put our guys in better positions to succeed". Where did he take the blame for the current skid?
My point was a few weeks ago. He was quoted as saying the staff found the recruits as he was too busy. Getting the program in order during the transition. So, he started with the excuses limiting it to the staff and now he's calling out the players by name.

Saint johns is getting buried in the second half of most games. A hall of fame coach should be able to make adjustments and perhaps coach more than one style of play to fit his personnel..

Reactions: Gritty5837
He's saying that they recruited the wrong players because they supposedly had little time to fill out the roster. I don't see anything about his team losing 8/10 and the coaching staff taking responsibility for that if even saying the cliche "we need to put our guys in better positions to succeed". Where did he take the blame for the current skid?
The players were good enough to beat nova twice and have a nineteen point lead yesterday. Getting buried in every game in the second half is coaching, not roster management.

Reactions: Gritty5837
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT