ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia opening up

LOL. You realize brown sugar is just white sugar with molasses, right? And if I gave any of my kids 2 tablespoons of it, I would regret that quickly! LOL! You are the gift that keeps on giving.
I know what brown sugar is, 2 tablespoons into 2 lbs of greens cooked down is fine, one of your kids eats 2lbs of greens at a serving?

Lemons and limes are far from alkaline. But let ShoreGuy continue.
There’s actually some research that conflicts with that. They say the body accepts it and metabolizes it, it has a ph greater than 7. I’m not a doctor or science mind in any way, I just try to read what’s out there and form my own opinion on who to trust and who not to trust.

There’s actually some research that conflicts with that. They say the body accepts it and metabolizes it, it has a ph greater than 7. I’m not a doctor or science mind in any way, I just try to read what’s out there and form my own opinion on who to trust and who not to trust.
The reason to drink alkaline produce is because there is research that the human body functions best as close to PH balanced as possible, cucumber celery are good for that, apple is good for natural sweetness, lime or lemon for vitamin c and ginger for digestion

The reason to drink alkaline produce is because there is research that the human body functions best as close to PH balanced as possible, cucumber celery are good for that, apple is good for natural sweetness, lime or lemon for vitamin c and ginger for digestion

With all due respect to both of you, it's VERY hard to make any effective change in your pH, because the kidneys are so efficient at regulating it.

Reactions: SHUSA
With all due respect to both of you, it's VERY hard to make any effective change in your pH, because the kidneys are so efficient at regulating it.
I don’t disagree and again I’m not of a scientific background and not going to pretend to be. However just from what I’ve read I tend to believe acidic foods do more damage than alkaline foods. I’m not saying it changes your ph at all. Maybe it’s the stress on the body to keep your ph levels where they’re at. I honestly don’t know. But there’s something better about alkaline foods than acidic foods.

Problematic for them as they would have to first acknowledge that human activity is impacting the climate, and if they did get to that point it would be difficult to single out one product and ignore the others. Also, more energy production from clean sources would mitigate the impact.
Just more proof whether it's abortion, climate change, and number of other topics, follow the science is only good when they want it to be. Why aren't the democrats coming out on their own and saying abolish marijuana it's hurting the planet? Why aren't they following the science?

Just more proof whether it's abortion, climate change, and number of other topics, follow the science is only good when they want it to be. Why aren't the democrats coming out on their own and saying abolish marijuana it's hurting the planet? Why aren't they following the science?

Agriculture has an impact on global warming. That doesn't mean we should abolish agriculture. It means we should move forward in a way that is more sustainable.

If I'm not mistaken, our carbon footprint is lower than most other countries because we use a higher percentage of natural gas….which we get by fracking, right?

If I'm not mistaken, our carbon footprint is lower than most other countries because we use a higher percentage of natural gas….which we get by fracking, right?

Still some debate over the methods used for fracking and how much methane that is putting into the environment. But as I understand it, yes burning the fuel has less of a carbon impact than other fossil fuels, though still not really considered "clean" energy.

Still some debate over the methods used for fracking and how much methane that is putting into the environment. But as I understand it, yes burning the fuel has less of a carbon impact than other fossil fuels, though still not really considered "clean" energy.
Well if we are beating our number isn’t that what matters the most?

You do raise a point about other pollution that is generated even though we think we are doing things clear. The impact to the waste stream with batteries from electric cars is also a major concern. We tend to ignore the unintended consequences of some of these great ideas.

Reactions: Section112
Citric acid is, by definition, acidic.
bingo. lemon, lime, and all other citrus fruits are the opposite of alkaline. wine is highly acidic, processed tomatos (sauce, ketchup), and the worst of all vinegar.... which is in a ton of things.

and youre right, your body maintains its state of pH no matter what. the biggest issue with pH is its role in acid reflux, (or even pepsin, free radicals,) etc. its not just highly acidic food but processed and preservatives. there are a number of issues you would never know related to acid traveling back up into the esophagus and throat.

anyone interested in learning more should read this book. You dont have to do any 28 day program he just suggests a routine if you want. its very eye opening and written by a top doc right in nyc. ive met him. those that want to push pills would say it borders pseudoscience but this guy treats patients with medicine AND diet plans. strange that 90% of the GI docs never once talk about diet when its literally what is shoved down there day in and day out. at the very least youll def lose weight and be healthy even if you dont believe in it.

Amazon product ASIN 1101905581

bingo. lemon, lime, and all other citrus fruits are the opposite of alkaline. wine is highly acidic, processed tomatos (sauce, ketchup), and the worst of all vinegar.... which is in a ton of things.

and youre right, your body maintains its state of pH no matter what. the biggest issue with pH is its role in acid reflux, (or even pepsin, free radicals,) etc. its not just highly acidic food but processed and preservatives. there are a number of issues you would never know related to acid traveling back up into the esophagus and throat.

anyone interested in learning more should read this book. You dont have to do any 28 day program he just suggests a routine if you want. its very eye opening and written by a top doc right in nyc. ive met him. those that want to push pills would say it borders pseudoscience but this guy treats patients with medicine AND diet plans. strange that 90% of the GI docs never once talk about diet when its literally what is shoved down there day in and day out. at the very least youll def lose weight and be healthy even if you dont believe in it.

According to Structure House‘s registered dietitian Benjamin White, PhD, despite their acidic nature citrus fruits are actual an alkalizing agent on the body. “Citrus fruits like oranges have citric and ascorbic acids and taste sour, but they are actually alkaline-generating once they’ve been digested and absorbed.”

Tomatoes, lemons, limes and grapefruits are also alkaline rich. When drinking alcohol, or just starting your day, have water with lemon or lime for an alkaline, detoxifying drink. Another good option? Add a tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (and a teaspoon of raw honey) to a glass of wate

According to Structure House‘s registered dietitian Benjamin White, PhD, despite their acidic nature citrus fruits are actual an alkalizing agent on the body. “Citrus fruits like oranges have citric and ascorbic acids and taste sour, but they are actually alkaline-generating once they’ve been digested and absorbed.”

Tomatoes, lemons, limes and grapefruits are also alkaline rich. When drinking alcohol, or just starting your day, have water with lemon or lime for an alkaline, detoxifying drink. Another good option? Add a tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (and a teaspoon of raw honey) to a glass of wate
theres a load of BS, misinformation, and downright contradictory statements about food acidity everywhere you look on the internet. good luck finding any sort of information match when it comes to actual pH values. the doctors will admit that. they dont actually know what is acidic or basic when absorbed. dont listen to that. they dont even really think it matters once its absorbed into the body, its all about how it effects those rumbling stomach juices from coming back up.

tomatos are OK, but things like tomato sauce and ketchup are very acidic.

whoever is telling you grapefruits are alkaline should also sell you a bridge. if you want to start your day with alkaline water put cucumber or watermelon.

ACV is rumored to help acid reflux... but its vinegar. vinegar is basically the most acidic thing you can ever consume. why do you think its such a great preservative? dont spread this fake news.

I think back to when @NYShoreGuy asked me in august where we would be by the end of the year. If deaths would be above 250k or below.

I answered I expected we would be below that.

It is really depressing that my expectation will have been under the mark by around 100,000.

Regardless of context, I object to your characterization of 60,000 deaths as a drop in the bucket.

Well we disagree then. 2-3 million people die in America every year. Despite the virus, 2020 is on track to have fewer deaths than many recent years.

But the media sure does love that tHrEe huNdReD tHoUSaNd number.

Despite the virus, 2020 is on track to have fewer deaths than many recent years.

I have to ask where you got that information, because that is not accurate.

According to CDC data. Weeks 1-49 in 2020 is already over 320k higher than 2019, and there is a reporting lag of several weeks there. Will be closer to 400k when the reporting comes in for the whole year which will be about a 15% increase.

But the media sure does love that tHrEe huNdReD tHoUSaNd number.

Do you think they are making it up? Why are you saying it like that.

I have to ask where you got that information, because that is not accurate.

According to CDC data. Weeks 1-49 in 2020 is already over 320k higher than 2019, and there is a reporting lag of several weeks there. Will be closer to 400k when the reporting comes in for the whole year which will be about a 15% increase.

Do you think they are making it up? Why are you saying it like that.

https://news3lv.com/news/nation-world/cdc-reports-almost-300000-more-deaths-than

There is an increasing gap between COVID and difference from last year. This article sites an additional 100K deaths this year related to the pandemic, but not COVID (i.e. depression, death by loneliness, suicide, etc.) Given the status I shared yesterday, this will likely increase in 2021 given the deteriorating health of our population from isolation.

https://news3lv.com/news/nation-world/cdc-reports-almost-300000-more-deaths-than

There is an increasing gap between COVID and difference from last year. This article sites an additional 100K deaths this year related to the pandemic, but not COVID (i.e. depression, death by loneliness, suicide, etc.) Given the status I shared yesterday, this will likely increase in 2021 given the deteriorating health of our population from isolation.

Alternatively, a large portion of those deaths could be directly related to Covid by not coded as such. Especially considering that many of the excess deaths were occurring in states before they had any diagnostic testing available or in states when/where they had no restrictions at all.

Alternatively, a large portion of those deaths could be directly related to Covid by not coded as such. Especially considering that many of the excess deaths were occurring in states before they had any diagnostic testing available or in states when/where they had no restrictions at all.
Not likely, in fact the reverse is more likely. Hospitals have been incentivized to report deaths as COVID.

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09
It is well meaning and true, but there have been many deaths reported that way.

People who have died while infected with Covid have been coded that way. Hospitals are being paid for testing and care of dealing with patients who are infected with a contagious virus.

They are not "incentivized to report deaths as Covid"
That is BS.

People who have died while infected with Covid have been coded that way. Hospitals are being paid for testing and care of dealing with patients who are infected with a contagious virus.

They are not "incentivized to report deaths as Covid"
That is BS.
Patients have passed for various reasons that also have tested positive for COVID. They didn't die from the virus but were coded as such. Hospitals have been reimbursed at a higher rate (depending on state/payor) for treating COVID patients (because of the extra care that is involved). It's common knowledge. It is a well-meaning incentive, but the application of coding has gotten stretched.

Right, but if that were significant we would not have the excess deaths that we currently see...

If that guy in your link had the flu and cancer but died in 2019, both would have been listed on the death certificate as they should. Just like Covid.

I reject the characterization that they are incentivized to report deaths as Covid. They are incentivized to do their jobs, and they get paid to do their jobs.

Right, but if that were significant we would not have the excess deaths that we currently see...

If that guy in your link had the flu and cancer but died in 2019, both would have been listed on the death certificate as they should. Just like Covid.

I reject the characterization that they are incentivized to report deaths as Covid. They are incentivized to do their jobs, and they get paid to do their jobs.
You can reject it all you want but the fact is they are reimbursed more to code it as COVID even if it wasn’t the cause of death.

I’m not saying there is a huge overstatement of COVID deaths but the number is somewhat inflated. I was just responding to the original point you made about the 100k, which is more likely to be the opposite.

Reactions: shu09
You can reject it all you want but the fact is they are reimbursed more to code it as COVID even if it wasn’t the cause of death.

I’m not saying there is a huge overstatement of COVID deaths but the number is somewhat inflated. I was just responding to the original point you made about the 100k, which is more likely to be the opposite.

"likely to be the opposite" is not supportable based on actual data.

"CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE Excess deaths provide an estimate of the full COVID-19 burden and indicate that official tallies likely undercount deaths due to the virus. The mortality burden and the completeness of the tallies vary markedly between states. "

"likely to be the opposite" is not supportable based on actual data.

"CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE Excess deaths provide an estimate of the full COVID-19 burden and indicate that official tallies likely undercount deaths due to the virus. The mortality burden and the completeness of the tallies vary markedly between states. "
You love searching studies; I will give you that...lol. Didn’t see anything about effect of reimbursement in coding in that article.

You love searching studies; I will give you that...lol.

That is correct. If I am interested in a topic, or if someone says something that is counter to my understanding, I take the time to understand the issue.

Didn’t see anything about effect of reimbursement in coding in that article.

Because there isn't one.
Covid gets recorded as covid. If they were not being reimbursed for the extra work needed and were getting base rates, Covid would still have been coded as Covid.

I am legit shocked that you didn't know this given the time you have invested on this topic.

Me saying unbelievable was referring to he fact that 85 would claim that Covid deaths are inflated because of monetary incentives.

It's not true. Covid deaths are coded as Covid the exact same way any other disease would have been coded previously.

Me saying unbelievable was referring to he fact that 85 would claim that Covid deaths are inflated because of monetary incentives.

They are. Just as people are being urged to get tested like crazy, there is big money in testing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT